jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
I just tried using the rebreather III again to no avail. have two canisters of nitrogen left and I will try again after hearing back from Richard to see what went wrong.
in the meantime I'm looking into the scuba method. having trouble finding the mask, nitrogen cylinder etc. I'm located in the U.S. if someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: todienomore
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
What kind of mask, the rubber mask or OceanReef ?

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
What kind of mask, the rubber mask or OceanReef ?

whatever is cheaper or more effective. I've seen some people say the method costs thousands of dollars. I'm fairly lost because I'm now having to research how to do the method.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Even if you use the more expensive, but also much better OceanReef, this method will cost you maybe US$1.500,-. I don´t know how much everything costs in the USA. Masks are usually more expensive, than in Europe.

The cheaper rubber mask is sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasos.
I'm now having to research how to do the method.
Please read the SCUBA inert gas megathread.

Last edited:
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
SCBA might be the better choice if you need to buy a new setup anyways. SCUBA is designed for being underwater while SCBA is explicitly designed for isolating you from the air around.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
SCBA might be the better choice if you need to buy a new setup anyways. SCUBA is designed for being underwater while SCBA is explicitly designed for isolating you from the air around.
The SCUBA method has been used successfully. SCBA was also not designed for suicide.

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
Even if you use the more expensive, but also much better OceanReef, this method will cost you maybe US$1.500,-. I don´t know how much everything costs in the USA. Masks are usually more expensive, than in Europe.

The cheaper rubber mask is sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasos.

Please read the SCUBA inert gas megathread.
I've read the thread, still having issues with finding the sources for material and confused about adapters etc

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I would be better to ask all your questions in the megathread, also to help other members.
As I said, the adapter depends on the country where you buy the gas cylinder. First try to find a gas cyliner and before you buy it, look for the adapter.

Post in the megathread which connection the cylinder has and someone will surely help you find the right adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
X

x0nSS

Aug 11, 2023
Have been reading about methods. EEBD worked for vizzy. SCBA and Scuba require parts. For USA anyone know what is easiest to get?