• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
I've made 3 " bags " ive tried them on and wore them for a minute and such. it just seams like it could fail with one small movement. I was thinking about looking into a scuba diving fask mask. nitrogen in. co2 out... no oxygen. same effect right? and more comfortable …

Reactions: HannibalLector
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
I've made 3 " bags " ive tried them on and wore them for a minute and such. it just seams like it could fail with one small movement. I was thinking about looking into a scuba diving fask mask. nitrogen in. co2 out... no oxygen. same effect right? and more comfortable …

It's been discussed on here earlier, and it was mentioned that the relaxation of the facial muscles might break the seal. The people behind the exit bag are serious and lucid experts - they've considered the alternatives and landed on the best known application.

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
Well, there have been deaths in Hawaii recently from "full face snorkel masks" - supposedly from the build-up of CO2.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hawaii-full-face-snorkel-mask-related-deaths/

Maybe the air pipe of the full face snorkel mask could be connected to the nitrogen tank? But who knows if it would work as effectively as an "exit bag".

I don't particularly want to be a guinea pig in an experiment of a new method when the "exit bag" has been tested successfully. Do you?

Why not just use the exit bag?

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
Victims wearing respirators connected to inert gas lines are in a zero percent oxygen atmosphere, and unconsciousness can occur in about 12 seconds and death in a matter of minutes. The situation continues to be critical because victims are still wearing respirators and continue to breathe inert gas after they collapse.

Case Histories
Some case histories that appeared in the referenced articles are presented below:

Case #1

An employee was using an air hammer to chip residue out of a furnace at an aluminum foundry. He was wearing an air-line respirator. Two compressed gas lines with universal access couplings were attached to a nearby post. The one on the right was labeled "natural gas." The gas line on the left had a paper tag attached with the word "air" handwritten on it; however, this line actually contained pure nitrogen. A splitter diverted one part of the gas stream to the air hammer and the other part of the stream to the air-line respirator. The employee was asphyxiated and killed when exposed to pure nitrogen.

Case #2

A contractor crew was assigned to abrasively blast inside a reactor vessel at a petrochemical refinery. Although verbal company policy called for contractors to supply all breathing air, this crew, with supervisor's knowledge, had on several occasions used plant air to supply breathing air. A crew member mistakenly hooked up his air-line respirator to an unlabeled nitrogen line (only the shut-off valve was labeled) used by the refinery for purging confined spaces. Plant nitrogen and air lines were identical, and both had couplings compatible with the coupler on the respirator.

Case #3

An employee hooked the fresh air line of his supplied-air respirator into a plant's compressed air lines and began abrasive blasting. The plant operators, unaware that their plant air was being used as breathing air, shut down the fresh aircompressor for routine, scheduled maintenance and pumped nitrogen into the system to maintain pressure and control the valves in the refinery. The employee was overcome by the nitrogen in the air lines and died of nitrogen asphyxia.

Case #4

An abrasive blaster at an air separation plant could not obtain breathing air from an installed line. He adapted unapproved hoses with quick-disconnect couplers so he could connect an abrasive-blasting respirator to a gas line supplying the blasting pot. This piping was not color coded nor labeled in accordance with company policy. The employee died because he did not know he was connecting to a nitrogen line instead of to compressed air. Nitrogen was a separation by-product at this plant and was piped to operate pneumatic equipment.

Case #5

A contract employee was abrasive blasting and painting gratings and railings. The air-line from the abrasive blasting respirator was hooked into the plant air supply. The plant air supply was not Grade D breathing air and was to be used only for valve gauges and pneumatic tools. The air compressor was shut down for maintenance, so nitrogen was backfed into the plant air lines. No one from the company informed the contract employee that the lines now contained nitrogen. When the abrasive blaster donned the abrasive-blasting respirator, he inhaled the nitrogen and was asphyxiated.

S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
This would be my preference too. Getting the valve on the tank connected to the regulator and mask will probably require an adapter or something from what I have seen.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
This person was able to use a dust mask:
x6lefm.png

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
he used a dust mask in conjuction with a plastic bag. ive heard of it before.

ultraviolet sin

ultraviolet sin

RUDEBOY
Jul 17, 2018

I thought for a moment you'd go out, have a leisurely dive, then let narcosis get to you. Lots of planning involved in that plan, lolol.

H

HannibalLector

Student
Jul 5, 2018
It's been discussed on here earlier, and it was mentioned that the relaxation of the facial muscles might break the seal. The people behind the exit bag are serious and lucid experts - they've considered the alternatives and landed on the best known application.

Scuba and plastic bag should be a safe combination :)

To be safe you could even do it in your car with seat belt to stay in place, then u fall asleep without risk of break the seal. Also i recommend make it comfortable by lean the car chair.

H

HannibalLector

Student
Jul 5, 2018
"Suicidal nitrogen inhalation by use of scuba full-face diving mask."
"A 29-year-old man was found dead lying on the bed in a hotel room in a famous Slovak mountain resort. He had a full-face diving mask on his face, connected through a diving breath regulator to a valve of an industrial (nondiving) high-pressure tank containing pure 100% nitrogen.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23899346
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23899346
"Case report of suicide by inhalation of nitrogen gas."
"The majority of deaths associated with nitrogen have occurred in the setting of scuba diving."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18725778