Opichi

Opichi

drive it like you stole it
Feb 18, 2021
Hi all.

I'm wondering where would be a good source to grab a nitrogen cylinder in Canada. For reference, I'm in BC and willing to travel. I'm also able to order them online, but I'm unsure of a place to order from with no questions asked.

Any other Canadians here who were able to buy some? I'm thinking of even traveling to the states to buy one and CTB there if it's easier.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Hi all.

I'm wondering where would be a good source to grab a nitrogen cylinder in Canada. For reference, I'm in BC and willing to travel. I'm also able to order them online, but I'm unsure of a place to order from with no questions asked.

Any other Canadians here who were able to buy some? I'm thinking of even traveling to the states to buy one and CTB there if it's easier.
You can try this carbonics

Try kijiji

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Owhh im def curious about this now that I am looking into this as a method

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Owhh im def curious about this now that I am looking into this as a method
It is expensive method, you need your own place to build this setup and live alone, need to learn some technical things related to gas

There are three categories

Nitrogen tank with exit bag - 300 to 400 dollars

Nitrogen tank with eebd hood - 800 dollars

Nitrogen tank with scba kit - 1000 to 1200 dollars

Reactions: outrider567
Opisen

Opisen

Jun 6, 2023
You can try this carbonics

Try kijiji
I looked at carbonics and see a tank with 75%N2 and 25%CO2. Any idea if this would work well? Are the usual tanks for this method 100% N2?

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
I looked at carbonics and see a tank with 75%N2 and 25%CO2. Any idea if this would work well? Are the usual tanks for this method 100% N2?
You need 99.95% pure nitrogen gas to work

You can call and say you want for beer and house party

Try linde company

• Informative
Reactions: outrider567 and Livingvsdying25
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
You need 99.0% Nitrogen for it to work, as per Greenberg on the Inert Gas Mega Thread

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
It is expensive method, you need your own place to build this setup and live alone, need to learn some technical things related to gas

There are three categories

Nitrogen tank with exit bag - 300 to 400 dollars

Nitrogen tank with eebd hood - 800 dollars

Nitrogen tank with scba kit - 1000 to 1200 dollars
Hmm financially that's not per say that bad. I needa look into the differences and weigh the costs. I live alone so that's not an issue and especially when interested am able to absorb information/understand things well.

Soo rn I just needa research more but this method has given me a bit of hope in being able to CTB.

I just hope being able to purchase it isn't an obstacle. Really disappointed in how SN is so hard to get now.

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Hmm financially that's not per say that bad. I needa look into the differences and weigh the costs. I live alone so that's not an issue and especially when interested am able to absorb information/understand things well.

Soo rn I just needa research more but this method has given me a bit of hope in being able to CTB.

I just hope being able to purchase it isn't an obstacle. Really disappointed in how SN is so hard to get now.
I am writing a document regarding this, you can use it

After I finish I will post it

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
You need 99.95% pure nitrogen gas to work

You can call and say you want for beer and house party

Try linde company
Linde company I see has a 39 cu ft Nitrogen Tank, that's about 1080 liters, 2000 PSI

Reactions: Opisen and Vizzy
I

indocanda

Indian Canadian
Jul 24, 2023
Am also in BC canada. I guess local welding supplies store is better option.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
In Canada you need an excuse to buy inert gas? That's amazing, because where I live nobody asks what you want to do with the gas. I ordered it on the Internet as easily as I ordered a pair of shoes. Maybe it's easier for you to buy helium, because in that case you could say you need it for balloons. Do you know what method you want to use ? This depends on how much gas you need. (SCUBA, SCBA, EEBD hood, exit bag)

It only says food grade, but nothing about the purity in percentage.

But if they need a reason, you could say you're doing research and developing a new product that you want to patent. So you can't give more detail.
This applies to both gases, helium and nitrogen. If they try to sell you a gas with low purity, say it must be at least 2.8 = 99,8% purity or higher.
I think this excuse sounds even better than balloons.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Opichi and GasMonkey
BrokenBones

BrokenBones

Jun 29, 2023
Hi all.

Idk if you'll be able to pull it up in Canada but look up "smart whip" on amazon

huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
Just wondering if anyone had any luck with getting a tank. I tried at a welding store but they said they didn't have any even though I called before they said they did. They also said apparantely nitrogen isn't used for welding?

brokenpromise

brokenpromise

Chemist
Jan 3, 2024
Most welding shops like prax air / air liquide you can get a cylinder from i also would not rule out helium either as it's cheaply available in most Walmarts / Canadian tires (after the party city merger) in the pink tanks argon will also work and is a heavy gas so when inhaled it stays in the lungs unless laying inverted or for the most part down with chest below the body.

Or there are methods of harvesting nitrogen from the atmosphere that is a bit more complex but still doable with a semi tech savvy person 🤷‍♂️