• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hi,
This topic will be for any questions about nitrogen or inert gases.

I'll start with a question, is it possible to fill a small car or space with the gas instead of directly connecting to a tank?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Paloma and 3 others
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
Hi,
This topic will be for any questions about nitrogen or inert gases.

I'll start with a question, is it possible to fill a small car or space with the gas instead of directly connecting to a tank?
So where would the gas be coming from, if not from a tank?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
So where would the gas be coming from, if not from a tank?

I didn't say not from a tank, instead filling a small closed place using the tank(s) or any source

F

Fateful8

Jun 28, 2018
You can use a small tent to perform this method as well.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018
I didn't say not from a tank, instead filling a small closed place using the tank(s) or any source
My guess then in that case is you'd probably need more than one tank, i.e. for a car. Perhaps with a small tent as suggested by Fateful8, or a teepee, you might get away with one, but again, only a guess.

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
1 m³ = 1000 liters. Space in car, minimum - 8 m³ = 8000 liters of air. Space in car not impermeability.
1 high pressure tank of nitrogen = 20 liters * 150 atmosphere = 3000 liters.

Unreal. It's not work.

Last edited:
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I don't think it should work unless you had a way to get the oxygen out. With the normal amount of oxygen you would convert it into carbon dioxide and trigger the panic response when the CO2 levels get too high I imagine.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I think its all about details and how to setup or implement it. What makes charcoal works in small areas but not this? quantity?

Also according to ppeh, nitrogen is hard to detect so it can be better to look dying without mask and making the reason ambiguous if one cares about detectability

Just note those are theoretical questions, there is no calculation, just assume there is enough nitrogen to fill and a small place. What are the steps?

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
More questions, what about the liquid nitrogen and can it work? And which one is better?

S

Sternum

Student
May 12, 2018
I think its all about details and how to setup or implement it. What makes charcoal works in small areas but not this? quantity?

Also according to ppeh, nitrogen is hard to detect so it can be better to look dying without mask and making the reason ambiguous if one cares about detectability

Just note those are theoretical questions, there is no calculation, just assume there is enough nitrogen to fill and a small place. What are the steps?
It's different for carbon monoxide from charcoal because it binds hemoglobin in blood, which prevents oxygen from binding hemoglobin in blood. So the effect is the same as removing oxygen from the environment, it's just that carbon monoxide removes oxygen from the environment of your blood instead of the environment of air in an the enclosed space. With carbon monoxide, oxygen is not being consumed so CO2 isn't produced and doesn't accumulate in blood, and it's CO2 in blood that gives you the sensation that you need to breathe. So carbon monoxide isn't an inert gas, it very much reacts with the body physiologically.

For the original question, you would need a very large amount of inert gas to make it functional in an enclosed space that is much bigger than an exit bag, like a car, etc.

Also, thanks for the megathread. Inert gas or carbon monoxide will be my method of self deliverance, so I appreciate further discussion about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tiburcio
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
It's different for carbon monoxide from charcoal because it binds hemoglobin in blood, which prevents oxygen from binding hemoglobin in blood. So the effect is the same as removing oxygen from the environment, it's just that carbon monoxide removes oxygen from the environment of your blood instead of the environment of air in an the enclosed space. With carbon monoxide, oxygen is not being consumed so CO2 isn't produced and doesn't accumulate in blood, and it's CO2 in blood that gives you the sensation that you need to breathe. So carbon monoxide isn't an inert gas, it very much reacts with the body physiologically.

For the original question, you would need a very large amount of inert gas to make it functional in an enclosed space that is much bigger than an exit bag, like a car, etc.

Also, thanks for the megathread. Inert gas or carbon monoxide will be my method of self deliverance, so I appreciate further discussion about it.

Thanks
but if I put enough nitrogen, shouldn't it push the other gases and make the area full of nitrogen? There are cases of death by nitrogen where its even not in a closed area. So I guess its about the quantity or concentration?

I don't know about the physics of gases and how it works. I always fantasized about entering an area full of nitrogen but don't know how to make it. I imagine entering a car filled with nitrogen then die and its cool because they won't know what happened

Reactions: yellowjasmine88 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Sternum

Student
May 12, 2018
I would really like to fill an area like a car with inert gas, too. Theoretically, you could get enough nitrogen to displace oxygen, but I dont think it could be done realistically, at least not dependably.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and comfortablydumb
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
but if I put enough nitrogen, shouldn't it push the other gases and make the area full of nitrogen?

The air we breathe is 80% nitrogen, so the weight of nitrogen won't be very different from air. If you have a source of nitrogen that supplies the gas with sufficient pressure to counteract atmospheric pressure, that would "push" the air out. But you won't.

As another commenter mentioned, this method is not realistic and not dependable. For DIY inert gas asphyxiation, bag over head is the only realistic and dependable method.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Fixin’ToDie
P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018
As another commenter mentioned, this method is not realistic and not dependable. For DIY inert gas asphyxiation, bag over head is the only realistic and dependable method.

Yep. Not sure why people try to "wing it" on something like this where the margin of error is so small that you could end up with irreversible brain damage - and live.

Stick with the tried and true, for god's sake.

What's wrong with the bag over the head? It's been tested and verified. Do you really want to be the canary in the coalmine for a new variation?

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, dog3000 and 3 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yep. Not sure why people try to "wing it" on something like this where the margin of error is so small that you could end up with irreversible brain damage - and live.

Stick with the tried and true, for god's sake.

What's wrong with the bag over the head? It's been tested and verified. Do you really want to be the canary in the coalmine for a new variation?

Dude read the comments well and use a better language. Nobody said they will do it this way and its a theoretical discussion

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Meena
O

Out

Aug 8, 2018
The PPH says that the nitrogen bottle should be standing and the exiter should be sitting comfortably.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind these two things?

A couple of months ago I tried nitrogen, and failed. Didnt have a flow meter, didnt have a well sealed bag, didnt hyperventilate, didnt sit up.

Getting it right this time. Have all the materials again.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
The PPH says that the nitrogen bottle should be standing and the exiter should be sitting comfortably.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind these two things?

A couple of months ago I tried nitrogen, and failed. Didnt have a flow meter, didnt have a well sealed bag, didnt hyperventilate, didnt sit up.

Getting it right this time. Have all the materials again.

I really don't know why one has to be sitting. I was hoping I could lie down.

I hope I don't fail. I have a regulator - is that what you mean by a flow meter?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tiburcio
O

Out

Aug 8, 2018
I really don't know why one has to be sitting. I was hoping I could lie down.

I hope I don't fail. I have a regulator - is that what you mean by a flow meter?

The regulator controls pressure downstream from the tank, the flow meter controls the flow rate from the bottle, PPH recommends 15 liters per minute as this is enough to stop CO2 buildup, but make the tank last long enough.

Here is a pic

https://www.boc.com.au/shop/en/au/arc-welding/flowmeters/boc-flowmeter

h

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Smilla
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
What are nitrogen usages outside of ctb? "in case of someone asked why you need or buy it?"

Aug 6, 2018
Once I have my car back, I will have very easy access to helium (party store less than 10 mins away)— it's not the gas of choice, from what I've seen here, but it's the one I'll be most likely to get without raising suspicion. If I use it with a hose into an exit bag, will the helium work for me? I'm 25, female, about 190lbs. All answers and info are appreciated, thank you.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018

regulator & deliver-to-door nitrogen cylinder options: https://maxdogbrewing.com/

I have all the equipment assembled. If you follow the directions in the PPH (in resources section on this site) and don't attempt to go "cheap" or skip steps, the chances of your having a seamless death are in your favor.

My single side-tip, aside from all the expert advice: due to the off-putting nature of looking out through the crinkly bag, one option is to close one's eyes and have earbuds in with your tune of choice.

An optimized nitro rig would probably feature a lighter aluminum cylinder of 6 cubic feet, and a specially-engineered partial face mask (utilizing gripping rubber to ensure an airtight seal) that would leave the head and eyes free, --such a model would be lightweight, portable, somewhat concealable, and could fit in a small day pack style of backpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Clover
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Do you have to thread the elastic through the bag after taping the bag or can you just fold the bag, put the elastic in the fold and then tape it?

D

dog3000

Jul 8, 2018
here's a question i'm wondering, when using the exit bag do you really need to use a clear plastic bag, surely a trash bag can do the trick right?

some trash bags have pores and will leak air

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
here's a question i'm wondering, when using the exit bag do you really need to use a clear plastic bag, surely a trash bag can do the trick right?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I tried using a trash bag to suffocate myself and I didn't have any air come in, could I use that for nitrogen/helium?

Just stick with what the assisted dying guides recommend, which is an oven roasting bag for turkey.

S

Somerando

Jul 22, 2018
How much nitrogen do you need and at what rate?

DarkTear

DarkTear

Aug 1, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-medication-doses.4237/#post-66534

It's very important that you read the corresponding chapter about the exit bag method in the PPH over and over again until you know every step by heart otherwise you'll likely fail.

Reactions: Bauhaus, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lizzie S. and 1 other person
TehArgentum

TehArgentum

Sep 3, 2018
I've found a store nearby that sells 99,99% Nitrogen tanks and they have 5 litre cylinders with volume of 0,7 cubic meters. Am I getting it right that the amount of compressed gas in those is equal to 700 litres? Do you guys think it would be okay to go with such tank considering that recommended amount for peaceful death in PPeH is 400 litres?
I mean, they do have bigger tanks but they cost much more and it would be problematic for me to transport it as I do not have a car.

Reactions: yellowjasmine88 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TehArgentum

TehArgentum

Sep 3, 2018
Also looked up for available nitrogen regulators and found this one. It has 2 displays and you can see that the right one has "l/min" mark so it's cool but what is the other one for? And will I actually be able to achieve a suitable for peaceful death gas flow with it?
2133524_A90KP_KRASS.jpg

Reactions: Meditation guide, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras