R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
I'm pretty worried about accidentally taking off the bag while unconscious using the nitrogen method. Does anyone have any ideas for restraining the arms and hands? I was thinking of securing exercise bands around my abdomen and putting my arms underneath them or maybe tying my hands behind my back with the exercise bands. Any other ideas?

R

Rollinggirl

Student
Jul 15, 2019
Or you could eat sleeping pills before carrying it out

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Then how to lower the bag over your face?

You've got about 30-45 seconds after you're breathing 0 oxygen gas until you pass out, so you should have enough time to put on cuffs or zipties.

That being said, I've got bungie cords to restrain my hands. I figure I can slip my forearm under a bungie cord fastened to the armrest on the chair, and won't be able to get my arms out once I'm unconcious or having death spasms.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
ARe death spasms likely here??
why sit in a chair btw? isnt there risk that your head flails about tearing the bag?

Death spasms happen, no way of knowing if they'll happen to you or not. (They don't seem to be a result of method of death, from what I've read.) I figure it's better to grab a couple bungie cords than risk it.

As to position, sitting in a chair such that you won't fall over is recommended because that minimizes the risk that you'll fall down and knock out the hose, or roll over and compress the hose (if lying down), or something of that nature.

I haven't seen any death spasms in the head/neck, and based on the reported efficacy of the exit bag method, that doesn't seem to be an issue, they seem to happen more in the extremities. Not sure why, but I'd guess it's that you have a larger range of motion and more mobility in your extremities than in your neck. Muscles in the extremities need to move around a fair bit, whereas your neck muscles' primary function is to support the weight of your head.

I guess if I'm bitching about my neck muscles on here in a couple months, you'll know why, but I don't anticipate issues.

MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
I have thought about this too. What may result in taking off the bag when unconscious? CO2 retention if you for some reason starts to breath very quick would be my guess.

But another reason i want to tie my hands is because of SI. @TiredHorse is a good example. SI have kicked in six times (if I remember correct) for him.
Will it happen to me? Yes, and the reason? I'm very scared of failure, and our brain do EVERYTHING to keep us alive.

How do I plan to solve this? I have tried it with good results (bag over head and very quick I restrain my hand.)

I make two loops (one for each hand) I use the same knot as you would use for hanging. A slipknot, use some oil on your rope (I use 6mm rope) A rope with low friction is best. I lay them on my legs. Pull down bag and quickly stick your hands in the loops and pull tight.

What's the downside to restraining hands? If something goes wrong you can't back out. Nothing should go wrong with a positive pressure (15/lpm with nitrogen or oxygen regulator) But your brain knows that it's no way to back out, and it might result in panic. To solve this I also are going to strap myself over my chest so I can't move.

I have most things figured out, but as a very technically knowledgeable (In my own opinion at least, I would say I have the knowledge to build something like a Sarco if I had my health) person, I can't accept the roasting bag. Yes it's durable, but very thin which makes the tube to distort the bag in a way so the tube tends to fall out in the bottom. I don't know the micron thickness of my bag, but going to look for more versions. A thicker material of course also have disadvantages. It won't inflate over your head if it's to thick, unless you lift it, and then you don't know when it's filled with gas.