Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
So after talking to a helpful member over PM I decided to relook at nitrogen with an exit bag: I had decided against this as max dog takes so long to arrive.

I just called a local welding shop and sounded like a complete idiot asking about nitrogen gas.

He says yep we have it and asks what size bottles and I said I'm not sure do you have regulators as well and he said yes. He said they have bottles that are knee high but I wasn't sure how to ask about purity etc.
He then said to come in and tell me about what I'm doing and he will help me work out exactly what I need. That's going to go well hahaha!
Knowing nothing about welding I came across as a stupid female lol.

I know the whole exit bag process well but not how to ask about the gas.

Reactions: jethacan, StarDust, Lowri and 1 other person
Lowri

Lowri

Jun 19, 2018
I actually maintain a list of reasons for purchasing nitrogen in case I go that route:
  • Home beer brewing
  • Cooking
  • Wedding (cool smoky effects)
  • Welding
  • Cooling computer parts
If you've already told him it's for welding you're gonna have to take a crash course in welding. Otherwise I'd just go for the wedding angle.

edit: or if you said welding, you can tell him it's actually for a wedding and you were too embarrassed to say that

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, weedoge, lv-gras and 3 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Order online from cyberweld?

If you are in the US? If not, I don't know if there are companies in your area who will ship.

Careful with the beer brewing: often it's not pure nitrogen since you don't need 99 percent purity to create those bubbles the beer brewers seek.

Safest choice is plastic welding—you make art.

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals, lv-gras and Lowri
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I actually maintain a list of reasons for purchasing nitrogen in case I go that route:
  • Home beer brewing
  • Cooking
  • Wedding (cool smoky effects)
  • Welding
  • Cooling computer parts
If you've already told him it's for welding you're gonna have to take a crash course in welding. Otherwise I'd just go for the wedding angle.

edit: or if you said welding, you can tell him it's actually for a wedding and you were too embarrassed to say that
Lol...that is exactly what I did Lowri...oh my...is that ever funny. I made a list after that. Fortunately I did not buy it. With my lungs I could not have used it anyway...smile. I would highly recommend Max Dog. At least for the regulator and bag.

Reactions: lv-gras
Deutsch

Deutsch

Aug 20, 2018
you might have to do a bit of calling around, i called like 10 stores and the minimum cubic ft tank of pure helium was twice as big as necessary. good if you have the money for it, all depends though

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
im just going to flood my car with inert gass.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
im just going to flood my car with inert gass.
I'm sorry but I don't think that will work. Maybe you know what you're doing better than me but you need pretty much zero oxygen for it to work I'm pretty sure, that's why most people go with a bag instead of a mask right?

Reactions: Ssname, lv-gras, bbq1 and 1 other person
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
i'v been planing for a long time with this one

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
I'm sorry but I don't think that will work. Maybe you know what you're doing better than me but you need pretty much zero oxygen for it to work I'm pretty sure, that's why most people go with a bag instead of a mask right?

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
What is the plan? Honestly doesn't sound like a good idea. Inert gas isn't toxic so you won't get away with concentrations similar to actually toxic gasses.

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
What is the plan? Honestly doesn't sound like a good idea. Inert gas isn't toxic so you won't get away with concentrations similar to actually toxic gasses.
breathing a gass with zero oxygen bypasses the bodies struggle to breath its fast and painless

Reactions: Ssname
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
So after talking to a helpful member over PM I decided to relook at nitrogen with an exit bag: I had decided against this as max dog takes so long to arrive.

I just called a local welding shop and sounded like a complete idiot asking about nitrogen gas.

He says yep we have it and asks what size bottles and I said I'm not sure do you have regulators as well and he said yes. He said they have bottles that are knee high but I wasn't sure how to ask about purity etc.
He then said to come in and tell me about what I'm doing and he will help me work out exactly what I need. That's going to go well hahaha!

Oh wow that had me in stitches, just the way you told it. Knee high to who? Usain Bolt or Jimmy Krankie?

Go with that you're setting up a home bar and the nitrogen will be used to push through non fizzy drinks like wine or real cider.

It'll be 99.99% pure or maybe 99.999%

Last edited:
Reactions: weedoge and Caustic Cardinals
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
breathing a gass with zero oxygen bypasses the bodies struggle to breath its fast and painless
Yes but the 20.9% oxygen level already in your car isn't going to majically vanish just because you add a gas that doesn't contain it. It'll mix in.

Reactions: ArtVandelay, weedoge and Ssname
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Filling your car with inert gas won't stop the air hunger. Unless you can use the inert gas to pressurise the air put of your car but that would be hella difficult to achieve. Not even sure if it would be possible really.
That's why the exit bag method says to push all the air out of the bag then refill it with the gas.

S

Sav

Aug 28, 2018
Lol...that is exactly what I did Lowri...oh my...is that ever funny. I made a list after that. Fortunately I did not buy it. With my lungs I could not have used it anyway...smile. I would highly recommend Max Dog. At least for the regulator and bag.

What do you mean when you talk about your lungs ? Why couldn't you use it?

S

Sav

Aug 28, 2018

Have you thought about using Helium with an exit bag? If so, why did you go for nitrogen instead?

Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
I have thought about helium but there's a risk of it being diluted with oxygen ( even if it states it's pure) the peace pill book recommendations nitrogen so I thought that would be the better option

Reactions: Sav and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018

First off let me say you did not sound like a dumb female...I am a female as well and I did this with ease as you know. I got my from 2 places...one I said cold welding the other place I said I was an artist and an I found out by accident that it reacted in my paint in a certain way that made it almost look luminescent. (I am a painter in my spare time and I happened to have a painting I did on my phone that was luminescent from the special paints I used) they were honestly interested and asked if I had a card or a showing coming up or even a pic or website...I showed them a pic and said I do this solely as a hobby and nothing more. They ooooeddd and ahhhed for a moment and then went on about business. It really is very simple. As for a 55cubic tank or bigger....with regulator. Explain that you need it for (whatever your reasons maybe be) and you want to make sure the regulator can be adjusted enough so that you hopefully get at least an hour out of it. (this is where bs comes in) that you do not want to pay for one tank only to realise that it won't last more than 10 to 20 mins. Make a show out of it....laugh it up...flip your hair and damn woman!!! Use the last of your feminine whiles! Take advantage of that... I mean that in a good way. ;)

xx

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
First off let me say you did not sound like a dumb female...I am a female as well and I did this with ease as you know. I got my from 2 places...one I said cold welding the other place I said I was an artist and an I found out by accident that it reacted in my paint in a certain way that made it almost look luminescent. (I am a painter in my spare time and I happened to have a painting I did on my phone that was luminescent from the special paints I used) they were honestly interested and asked if I had a card or a showing coming up or even a pic or website...I showed them a pic and said I do this solely as a hobby and nothing more. They ooooeddd and ahhhed for a moment and then went on about business. It really is very simple. As for a 55cubic tank or bigger....with regulator. Explain that you need it for (whatever your reasons maybe be) and you want to make sure the regulator can be adjusted enough so that you hopefully get at least an hour out of it. (this is where bs comes in) that you do not want to pay for one tank only to realise that it won't last more than 10 to 20 mins. Make a show out of it....laugh it up...flip your hair and damn woman!!! Use the last of your feminine whiles! Take advantage of that... I mean that in a good way. ;)

xx
awesome i like yellow cake uranium

Reactions: RM5998 and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
it makes the prettiest rad oranges plus there is uv light with translucent layers
This is not untrue.... while my above post is a bit...untrue it isn't completely, I did find something that make my paint luminescent by accident.

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
This is not untrue.... while my above post is a bit...untrue it isn't completely, I did find something that make my paint luminescent by accident.
"not untrue " is quite polite

Reactions: RM5998 and StarDust
Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
Haha thanks stardust!

Well I think I am almost sorted. I have a two week wait but I'm sure it will be worth it to have exactly what I need. :)

Thanks everyone! No more questions from me now. ;)

Reactions: Deutsch, StarDust and Caustic Cardinals
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Haha thanks stardust!

Well I think I am almost sorted. I have a two week wait but I'm sure it will be worth it to have exactly what I need. :)

Thanks everyone! No more questions from me now. ;)
If you have anymore questions you know where to find me. ;)

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals