Quiet_Observer

Quiet_Observer

Aug 22, 2023
The title is pretty self explanatory, I am wondering how painful would Nitrogen asphyxiation compared to consuming SN, I'm rather conflicted when it comes to pain, but I don't just wanna shoot myself in the head as I hope to leave an intact body if I decide to carry on with my decision. I've heard that there is no feeling of suffocation when inhaling nitrogen, I just want to confirm this because I assume this would be a quicker and painless death.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Suffocation feeling results from CO2 building up in the body or inhaling CO2. That is not the case with the N2-Method. When you don't inhale any oxygen unconsciousness comes very quickly without any pain. We breathe 78% N2 all day and all night long without any issues. If you r fine wearing a SCBA mask or exit bag and you can acquire the needed stuff for inert gas/N2 it's better than SN but probably more expensive

Reactions: ThisIsLife
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
The title is pretty self explanatory, I am wondering how painful would Nitrogen asphyxiation compared to consuming SN, I'm rather conflicted when it comes to pain, but I don't just wanna shoot myself in the head as I hope to leave an intact body if I decide to carry on with my decision. I've heard that there is no feeling of suffocation when inhaling nitrogen, I just want to confirm this because I assume this would be a quicker and painless death.
Whether using an EEBD Hood, SCBA mask, or exit bag, Nitrogen is a painless death, you just pass out in less than a minute--My test with the Oximeter showed my Oxygen level drop from 98 to 46 after just 5 or 6 breaths(ten seconds delay) of Nitrogen using the EEBD Hood, Nitrogen rapidly replaces Oxygen in your body--See the Inert Gas Mega Thread for more info

Reactions: limeoctave, ThisIsLife and Praestat_Mori
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
Interesting historical note:
Whilst shooting yourself in the head is painless (you're out cold before the pain can register) people have been known to sometimes survive shooting themselves in the head, usually with terrible irreversible brain damage. That's why the suicide option of choice for leading Nazis was to take cyanide just before popping a round into the brain pan. The cyanide is a sure kill, but has been known to sometimes leave the victim conscious throughout the death agony, which can be a very nasty twenty minutes indeed. The gunshot to the head guarantees instantaneous painless unconsciousness throughout the fatal cyanide poisoning at the very least, if not instantaneous painless death. The cyanide guarantees death if the gunshot fails. It's only for the fucking hardcore.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ApathyToLife
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
"It's only for the fucking hardcore". Youre not wrong. Did you see that amazing film about the heroic Czechs who took out that Nazi pig Heydrich in Operation Anthropoid?
Those heroes fought the krauts to the 2nd to last round in that church & then did as you said.
Man, killing yourself ain't easy but it beats the hell out of the poverty & slow & certain physical decline after 60 years of hard work.