• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

frustratedcivilian

frustratedcivilian

It Is About Nonsense
Apr 1, 2024
What do y'all think about nihilism? I think it's the most accurate answer to the "meaning" of this life. Let alone everything that doesn't make sense in the current "physical world", If we assume that this universe is a simulation - and same thing applies the simulators of this universe all the way to the first simulator, anything outside that series of simulations is literally nothing meaningful to us - because since we assume that series of simulations exist, we assume that they share the same physic laws which explains what a "simulation" is, or else it wouldn't be a simulation as we know it, so outside of those laws and the simulations series itself - there's no word can describe it, it doesn't have any of the properties like the "existence" state itself, let alone meanings - like in programming, there's literally no meanings shared between two objects of different classes. Why I think simulation theory is very tied to nihilism, because it can be done, since we are capable of doing simulations - there's no reason we're not in a simulation ourselves, not anything about "meanings" but the "capability".
The life itself wouldn't have been any meaningful if we lived forever for example, so even those who believe in religions and the "endless" existence after death don't just know how their brain works and how that idea itself is impossible and not meaningful in the long term, so imagine how unmeaningful is that life which isn't even designed for the long term, so meaning is not a even a thing for what we consider to be the most important thing to us -Life.

Another thing, As some civilizations believed, That humans were "created" or whatever the process is, on Earth, by another civilization somewhere in this universe for whatever reason (Maybe they were just having fun, I just talked about how meaning is not a thing already). I think this makes sense, because of how human and animal bodies look, they look like they were "designed" somehow unlike what looks like random objects in biology, I might be VERY WRONG, I'm no expert in biology, but that's what I believe to be more real. The question I always think about is, Why Am I Being "Declared" just because an object in some "world" decided to do that, LIKE whatever the fu&& a universe is doing (be it this one or another), what gets my consciousness involved in that world? That's why I think the frequencies and energy thing make the other part of these unmeaningful material worlds, it says that our brains are like radios and the consciousness is formed by picking specific frequencies, But if you think about something like neuroscience and so on, that doesn't sound very true anymore - I'm not sure, but it still makes me wonder.

frustratedcivilian

frustratedcivilian

It Is About Nonsense
Apr 1, 2024
To me, it is a form of escapism due to the lack of fulfillment in life. My opinion aligns with Ted Kaczynski's one.
Well, That might be true - but doesn't that perspective focus too much on things like "fulfillment" or "life" which are really tiny things in this reality and make nothing of the truth, i.e. neither fulfillment or lack of fulfillment should have anything to do with understanding this reality, they are literally human things which evolved since a long time and shouldn't be a thing for us to build any ideas on, that's how i see any life/human thing, they are literally virtual things.

I don't know a lot about Nihilism, Also I'm not a person who just likes to hear an idea to make myself "satisfied" or "happy", I always thought of Nihilism a long time before I heard of it, There might be different perspectives of Nihilism that claim a lot of extra stuff, But I only care about the main points: Nothingness, and How relative is everything even the logic itself, and how everything isn't supposed to make sense. Thinking about expectations for example, ALL the expectations that people think about are just dismissed by this idea, like believing in the existence of gods, and superpowers and so on. The question is always, "and what? , why?", it'll always be an endless chain of questions. For example, I don't think Nihilism enforces the idea of the non-existence of gods, It just says, Don't make a meaning out of that, When a person assumes the existence of god, they literally assume the existence of another giant human who is driven by their needs and the "desire" to do stuff, well, here comes this question, and what? what's the end to their "desire" to do things? That literally applies to everything that people think of as a meaning or purpose. I think throughout the human existence, we have developed many ideas that formed a completely virtual world, until we arrived at where we are now. That virtual world is the real world plus the "meanings" and "desires" and so on, and these things never exist outside of our brains.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
xinino

xinino

I love to be sick
Mar 31, 2024
"Neither fulfillment nor lack of fulfillment should have anything to do with understanding this reality."

Actually, the need to understand reality, especially on an abstract level, is due to a lack of fulfillment. If somebody is satisfied with his life, he won't engage in the act of understanding reality; he doesn't need it.

This is what Ted and Zerzan argue: before, hunters and gatherers did not have the need to contemplate concepts like meaning because their phychological needs were fulfilled, but with the rise of technology for Ted and agriculture for Zerzan, there was a disturbance where people started to create artificial beliefs or things to fill the gap. Nihilism is one of them.

In our case, nihilism might be logical and true, but it is not a need to survive "to satisfy biological needs." Also, "untruth is a condition of life," where Nietzsche explores the idea that not all "truths" or commonly accepted facts are inherently beneficial or necessary for life. He suggests that sometimes what we consider to be untruths or falsehoods may actually be essential to our existence and understanding of the world.

So, your nihilism belief can be true, but it is not essential for life. We are not designed to contemplate our existence on a large scale, such as the universe or time, because a lack of purpose can produce disfunction, which evolution doesn't want. Nihilism is the truth that should not be discovered, but alas.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I'm a nihilist. I believe that life is inherently meaningless. Everything that people do in life is just cope from this fundamental fact. People don't want to face the cold, hard truth. Nothing will matter in death, so why try?

frustratedcivilian

frustratedcivilian

It Is About Nonsense
Apr 1, 2024
Nothing will matter in death, so why try?
Exactly, Actually a lot of people don't realize that they already live in the nothingness - even while being alive, for example, No person didn't experience being in a quiet place or a place where no activity is being done, yet not many think about what that thing really is, It's THE OTHER side of the existence, It's the nothingness, there's no idea, there's no action, there's nothing awaiting to happen. It's one of things that make me think a lot, the quietness state tells you that meaning don't exist, and everyone can experience that if they think about it.

Last edited:
Time4Peace

Time4Peace

What the hell I'm doing here?
Apr 9, 2024
If you are breathing, doesn't mean you are alive. Where there is consumption and loss, it's not a place for the living, it's a farm.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Nihilism gets a really bad rap as being favored among moody teens and depressed people but I think that's unfair. Nihilism is a serious philosophy although I prefer absurdism because it's funnier and more in line with my personality. But in the end I mostly just believe in the biological and physical reality of the world. To me the focus on meaning just seems like a byproduct of consciousness, almost like a waste product. I don't get why people are so obsessed with meaning and don't focus more on just existing.