KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Congratulations, you've just made me want to kill myself even more! Didn't think such a feat was even possible!

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles, Ame, WornOutLife and 1 other person
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
That is messed up :(

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
How ridiculous can they be!!?

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
How incredibly cruel. They will be causing far more pain and suffering then they will be solving. Of course, I'm sure they don't care either way. Therapy, exercise, antidepressants? Christ, what a joke. Antidepressants aren't even effective at treating what they're supposed to be treating let alone chronic pain.

(So many of those commentors are idiots, I hate reddit.)

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, GenesAndEnvironment and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
This sounds like a sick joke, an institute named "Nice" doing something this shitty. Wonder how many people writing these rules actually know what chronic pain feels like.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
This is for chronic pain with no known cause. From the Guardian article:

"People suffering from chronic pain that has no known cause should not be prescribed painkillers, the medicines watchdog has announced, recommending such patients be offered exercise, talking therapies and acupuncture instead."

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm sure that it works better for some chronic illnesses sufferers, but to make it a blanket treatment for all is just insanity, specially because exercise can badly aggravate some conditions associated with nerve pain.

Reactions: demuic, lostundead and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
This is for chronic pain with no known cause. From the Guardian article:

"People suffering from chronic pain that has no known cause should not be prescribed painkillers, the medicines watchdog has announced, recommending such patients be offered exercise, talking therapies and acupuncture instead."
Yep, which means that they will do as they always have done and treat unexplained chronic pain like it isn't real. No biomarker = accupunture and talk therapy for you!

Reactions: demuic and Fragile
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Yep, which means that they will do as they always have done and treat unexplained chronic pain like it isn't real. No biomarker = accupunture and talk therapy for you!
It makes sense to me. In the same way I think it would be wrong to treat a mental health issue straight away with medication.

lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Thats not very NICE of them. Pretty sure the uk medical system is just run by psychopaths lol

Wouldve been a good april fools joke 6 days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: demuic and KuriGohan&Kamehameha