Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I've taken 3 overdoses in the past 3 weeks, hospitalised for all of them of course. I self harm too.
I have a shrink visit my house and assess me for an hour in from of my partner and a care coordinator which was giving me zero privacy.
I've previously been diagnosed with BPD, Bipolar, C-PTSD and EDNOS.
I had his letter come today as a summary of our meeting and he's stated

'I felt you had no psychiatric illness including BPD. But you clearly have difficulties resulting in emotional dysregulatuon'

I'm sorry but what the actual fuck?! What does that even mean? How can he diagnose me in an hour meeting with 2 other people present? I am fuming about this. To tell me there's nothing wrong I'm just 'moody' or whatever.

I'm so upset and angry about this. Sorry to vent but I have no one else to talk to.:'(

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Moondust87, Hopeindeath! and 14 others
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
NHS psychiatrists

n6fBkMm.gif

• Love
Reactions: clocktower, LonelyDude15, Gnip and 4 others
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
That's outrageous, I'm so sorry. You are valid.

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Emily_Numb and Frew
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: SmellyRat, Gnip, Silvermorning and 1 other person
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I've seen one NHS psychiatrist twice (my phone suggested I type psycho). She was a robot with zero emotion. She was horrible and invalidating. She was clearly not fit for this profession. What I'm saying is that they employ people who have zero empathy and true understanding of mental illness, who are absolutely not fit for the job. I didn't listen to my robot (she even tried to guilt trip me), I would suggest you just ignore yours. They are useless

• Aww..
Reactions: Gnip, Emily_Numb, Silvermorning and 3 others
Niftypoint124

Niftypoint124

Student
Nov 7, 2020
You know, you sound like someone who's done the rounds. Which means you know each doctor has to prove they know the most these days - and that's how you wind up with a litany of gobbledygook diagnoses, followed by statements questioning their validity, and then a new diagnoses. What a buncha twats. (Upside, lots of reinforcement from other members that NHS psychiatrists aren't always... on top of their game.) <3

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Gnip, Emily_Numb and 1 other person
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I'm sorry that the NHS is such a joke. :( Truly awful.

• Hugs
Reactions: DJJE, Gnip, Emily_Numb and 1 other person
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Thank you everyone for making me feel validated and all the support. I bloody love this forum. You're all superb :heart::hug:
I've seen one NHS psychiatrist twice (my phone suggested I type psycho). She was a robot with zero emotion. She was horrible and invalidating. She was clearly not fit for this profession. What I'm saying is that they employ people who have zero empathy and true understanding of mental illness, who are absolutely not fit for the job. I didn't listen to my robot (she even tried to guilt trip me), I would suggest you just ignore yours. They are useless
You're right. Every NHS shrink I've met are absolutely useless and have absolutely zero empathy or compassion. X
You know, you sound like someone who's done the rounds. Which means you know each doctor has to prove they know the most these days - and that's how you wind up with a litany of gobbledygook diagnoses, followed by statements questioning their validity, and then a new diagnoses. What a buncha twats. (Upside, lots of reinforcement from other members that NHS psychiatrists aren't always... on top of their game.) <3
Oh yes I've done the rounds and back again! I'll probably finish off this round if NHS care which ends on the 20th and go back and find another private psychiatrist.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, GoneGoneGone, Gnip and 3 others
Niftypoint124

Niftypoint124

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Oh yes I've done the rounds and back again! I'll probably finish off this round if NHS care which ends on the 20th and go back and find another private psychiatrist.

Out of curiosity, how would you compare the services you recieve(d) from NHS vs private? I'm uninsured, so I pay for everything out-of-pocket.

• Wow
Reactions: GoneGoneGone
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
NHS pure joke...so sorry to hear they did that to you.. absolute disgrace...I hope you can get someone to actually talk to that understands...my first experience with healthcare "professional" as me why I wanted to know what was wrong as "did I just want a label" total bellends the lot of them

Reactions: Emily_Numb and GoneGoneGone
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Out of curiosity, how would you compare the services you recieve(d) from NHS vs private? I'm uninsured, so I pay for everything out-of-pocket.
My private health insurance (Bupa) doesn't cover any of my mental health care as it's a 'preexisting condition' so everything I've paid for is out of my own pocket.
Honestly, Private psychiatrists and therapists are easily better than NHS. I've only had 1 private shrink who was a bit of twat. Zero compassion or interest and for £350 for a consultation I'd expect a little more. After that it was £195 a session every week or two. I soon knocked that clown on the head. Useless.

My other two Private psychiatrists weee better. One was good and the other was truly excellent. I am not able to see the excellent one until I've been discharged from the CMHT because they don't like you to have more than one psychiatrist, even if the NHS one is crap.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoneGoneGone and Niftypoint124
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I echo WTF re the rush diagnosis.

Reactions: FatalSystemError591, Emily_Numb and Frew
D

DJJE

Sep 29, 2020
The NHS is a free facility that offers no service to anyone in my experience. Its whole set up is wrong, but its protected by brainwashed morons who have never lived anywhere other than the UK.

Now that my rants finished. There are ways to sort issues out with them. PALs respond very quickly. Particularly if you mention overdoses.

Mention the overdoses, lack of privacy, misdiagnosis, and lack of trust and faith in the service.

Reactions: Noodlebug, FatalSystemError591 and Frew
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Same. They tried to section me for vertigo. Because its clearly a mental problem
Said theres nothing wrong with me and faking bipolar for attention and social security.
Not worth my time, I rather jump thank you very much.

• Wow
Reactions: FatalSystemError591
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
The NHS is a free facility that offers no service to anyone in my experience. Its whole set up is wrong, but its protected by brainwashed morons who have never lived anywhere other than the UK.

Now that my rants finished. There are ways to sort issues out with them. PALs respond very quickly. Particularly if you mention overdoses.

Mention the overdoses, lack of privacy, misdiagnosis, and lack of trust and faith in the service.
NHS isn't FREE. It's paid for though NI.

Reactions: DJJE
Lamebrain

Lamebrain

Jun 7, 2020
Ogosh, this is exactly why I don't go out to seek professional help. Sorry you had to put up with this!

D

DJJE

Sep 29, 2020
NHS isn't FREE. It's paid for though NI.

I know.

10% of your salary stolen every month.

A payment mechanism that means they provide a service aimed at Government statistics rather than the sick.

Reactions: Emily_Numb