• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

dxstressed

Mar 13, 2020
So I had my assessment with the community mental health team today and I got told the waiting list for DBT (I have borderline personality disorder) is 2 years - I've told them I hear voices and I'm actively looking for ways to end my life and they just sent me on my way.
I am so angry and so close to the edge, I don't know why I bother anymore, I can't go on suffering like this, only 19 and feel like the world is on my fucking shoulders. Constant paranoia, constant sadness, what is the point in living?

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can't believe how mean they were to you! I mean, they're supposed to be professionals and deal with people like us in the best possible way.
Sorry to hear you're so young and already suffering so much.
Hope you find peace and as for the point of living, I think there's no point at all. We're a random accident in the universe.

M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I'm so sorry you experience this too. The NHS along with other people have just made me feel like a burden. There's no "help" until you end up in a psychiatric ward which can be traumatising in itself, and even they aren't helpful (in the long run). I'm sorry again, just know you're not alone.

botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
That is beyond horrible, I am so sorry you were treated so terribly, you absolutely do not deserve that. Your feelings are completely valid, I would also be horrified if I was responded to in such an awful way. Life is just too cruel sometimes, none of this is your fault. I really hope you're able to get the support you need somehow, even if the nhs are too crappy to help you. You deserve some peace from all of this pain. I'm sending you big hugs, good luck with everything.

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I'm so sorry you've been let down like this.

It feels like these people must numb themselves to being totally ineffective based on how they send people away.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
can I ask what DBT is? I am currently under assement, they have done one so far and touched on BPD and Bipolar, but now its a waiting game

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
So sorry the NHS have let you down. I wish I could say it was an isolated incident but here in the UK they don't even take you seriously if you have a plan :-( I'm just one drop in the ocean but my inbox is open if you wanna talk

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
How can they turn some away like that? That's awful. It seems they only want to help people that don't want their help.

megafire

megafire

burn it down
Oct 12, 2020
can I ask what DBT is? I am currently under assement, they have done one so far and touched on BPD and Bipolar, but now its a waiting game
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. its worked for many BPD patients as it teaches skills like Wise Mind, visualization, and distress tolerance. I did a year of it when I was 16, but I didn't take it seriously. really wish i did now

toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020
mental health services are like that, where I live the wait list for some of the services can take months which is crazy, for what it's worth you can vent to me if you want to talk or anything

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. its worked for many BPD patients as it teaches skills like Wise Mind, visualization, and distress tolerance. I did a year of it when I was 16, but I didn't take it seriously. really wish i did now
have sent you a PM

Reactions: dxstressed
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I know many of us here have been dissapointed by the NHS. So horrible that they have treated you this way

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I've been trying to get effective help from the NHS for 2 decades. I know exactly what you mean by the waiting times. Over 2 years to get an assessment for autism diagnosis. 8 for them to figure out I'm bipolar and bpd. Phoned NHS24 saying I'm imminently suicidal and the best they could do was absolutely nothing. I have to wait months between psychiatry appointments and the psychiatrists change frequently, you never get to build a rapport. If you're desperately suicidal and your medication is doing bugger all during these long waits, tough luck and keep waiting. And good luck coping with extreme manic and depressive episodes all on your own.

Best one recently was when I had an appointment with my GP about how suicidal I felt after undergoing a disability assessment and telling her I couldn't cope with having to go through that over and over in future. I was in tears and she said I must undergo frequent reassessment because I may someday want to come off PIP as I will feel better.

My response: 'I'm autistic, bipolar and have emotional instability problems. I've tried all the medications and courses you could offer for twenty years. My conditions aren't going to magically disappear.' Not to mention my conditions make it impossible to function in society.

Her response was that of course I'd get better with the right treatment, here's another inane online CBT course to try. As if that'll fix 2 decades of worsening mental illness.

Raging. And raging for you and for everyone so utterly neglected by our government and NHS.

Last edited:
D

dxstressed

Mar 13, 2020
Thank you everyone so much for your kind words, I needed this tonight ❤️
starting to think CTB is the only way forward to numb the pain of what I'm going through, at least then I wouldn't be a burden to anyone in my life anymore
sending love to you all x

J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
I am truly sorry you are having such an unbelievably hard time. You and everyone else deserves better. So much better. The mental health "professionals" should be ashamed and are a joke.
Please try to take care of yourself:hug:

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
That is horrible! If that is the kind of treatment you're looking for, would it work to seek out a counselor who's trained in that modality, but just schedule regular therapy sessions with them instead of that specifically? Maybe you could informally connect with other patients who use that method and talk about how it's going for you...?

Reactions: x~Sophia~x