P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
A single cherry yields roughly 0.17 grams of lethal cyanide per gram of seed, so depending on the size of the kernel, ingesting just one or two freshly crushed pits can lead to death.
Thoughts?

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
No, explained in your other thread.

• Love
Reactions: Kramer
FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
I read somewhere that for cherry pits to be effective, you have to crush them ALOT, and then crush them some more, and you'd need alot more than one of them depending on your weight.

Reactions: Isadeth
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
Yeah, it is way more than 1-2 cherry pits and/or apple seeds.

Reactions: Isadeth and ihavetoleave
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Just crush your Adam's apple seed

Reactions: Isadeth and neitherherenorthere
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Almonds seem to be an easier botanical source of cyanide. Wikipedia says ~50 bitter almonds can yield enough cyanide to kill an adult. I'd imagine you could make some kind of almond butter out of it and just eat it that way. Again, per Wikipedia, they contain an enzyme "which, in the presence of water [...] yield glucose, cyanide and the essential oil of bitter almonds, which is nearly pure benzaldehyde, the chemical causing the bitter flavor." So instant cyanide, just add water! And if you can remove the oil without also removing the cyanide (or just extract the cyanide) that'd take care of the bitterness. I have no idea where to buy bitter almonds, though. Also, if you can make HCN gas I think that's a preferable method over ingesting cyanide.

Reactions: stygal, Brokenwithbpd and Wrennie
Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
Almonds seem to be an easier botanical source of cyanide. Wikipedia says ~50 bitter almonds can yield enough cyanide to kill an adult. I'd imagine you could make some kind of almond butter out of it and just eat it that way. Again, per Wikipedia, they contain an enzyme "which, in the presence of water [...] yield glucose, cyanide and the essential oil of bitter almonds, which is nearly pure benzaldehyde, the chemical causing the bitter flavor." So instant cyanide, just add water! And if you can remove the oil without also removing the cyanide (or just extract the cyanide) that'd take care of the bitterness. I have no idea where to buy bitter almonds, though. Also, if you can make HCN gas I think that's a preferable method over ingesting cyanide.
I think this is an interesting idea. Are there laws around this stuff? I feel like producing cyanide could be super illegal (not that that matters to everyone but we should find out just for the sake of knowing. last thing we want to do is for people here to get caught up in the prison system). I'm in the US. Not sure where I would begin to research something like that. Also, producing cyanide from almonds seems like it would be too good to be true.

P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
cyanide is not a great method overall
why is that? cyanide pills seem fast and great
Yeah, it is way more than 1-2 cherry pits and/or apple seeds.
ok i will plan to do many thanks
thank you i will look into this as well

Last edited:
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Apricot kernels are the best source as I've already told you. It's still a bad idea.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If it was that easy people wouldn't be going to difficult measures to die when they could just go to the grocery store.

Reactions: the end is near, ovaltinee99, Mr blobby and 4 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
If it was that easy people wouldn't be going to difficult measures to die when they could just go to the grocery store.
There was an instance in the US where they took some apricot kernels from a health food store and in one smallish pack was enough to kill 2 or 3 people.

But thats rare, you get totally different amount of amydelin (or however you spell it) in different seeds, so it's about as reliable as something completely unreliable.

Reactions: justsad&done and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
There was an instance in the US where they took some apricot kernels from a health food store and in one smallish pack was enough to kill 2 or 3 people.

But thats rare, you get totally different amount of amydelin (or however you spell it) in different seeds, so it's about as reliable as something completely unreliable.
Exactly, there is no point in doing something likely to fail.

Reactions: Endeavour and justsad&done
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
Like with most things, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is ...too good to be true.
And in this case could also be painful.

P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Exactly, there is no point in doing something likely to fail.
well theres no harm in trying right? worst case if it doesnt work out i will have been full and picked up some good nutrients

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
well theres no harm in trying right? worst case if it doesnt work out i will have been full and picked up some good nutrients
Survivors of serious cyanide poisoning may develop heart, brain and nerve damage. Then you would want to kill yourself even more.

Reactions: Life is pointless and demuic
P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Survivors of serious cyanide poisoning may develop heart, brain and nerve damage. Then you would want to kill yourself even more.
Perfection , id have even more motivation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Life is pointless
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
The thing is, you might become so brain damaged that you won't be able to kill your self anymore. That's why most ppl don't want brain damage if they failed an attempt. You might end up paralyzed or as a veggie not being able to do anything and just be a bigger burden to family or ppl around you. You don't want brain damage bro

Reactions: lanax09, stygal and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
cyanide is not a great method overall
No but it's fast. It might be only about five minutes. A video is online of a man taking it in a courtroom.

Reactions: Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
No but it's fast. It might be only about five minutes. A video is online of a man taking it in a courtroom.
Oh damn, can I get a link please?
I guess those 5 minutes would feel like forever though. Not a method I'd choose personally

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
The thing is, you might become so brain damaged that you won't be able to kill your self anymore. That's why most ppl don't want brain damage if they failed an attempt. You might end up paralyzed or as a veggie not being able to do anything and just be a bigger burden to family or ppl around you. You don't want brain damage bro
Wasn't there a video someone posted a while back of a poor man who failed an attempt and was (I really hate this term) a vegetable? Is there some other way to put it that isn't as insulting? I'm not sure what the actual term is to describe this.
Oh damn, can I get a link please?
All you could see is him swallowing something and then he fell down on the floor and a couple of women were standing around him looking at him, I think he was convulsing a little.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Wasn't there a video someone posted a while back of a poor man who failed an attempt and was (I really hate this term) a vegetable? Is there some other way to put it that isn't as insulting? I'm not sure what the actual term is to describe this.

All you could see is him swallowing something and then he fell down on the floor and a couple of women were standing around him looking at him, I think he was convulsing a little.
C71AB3C0 976B 4B95 A7C2 326A8FF87E7E
I'm guessing a medical term would be "vegetative state "

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Where I live you can buy bitter almonds at the health food store...the package already says to only consume one (contains maybe 20-30) and I heard of a guy eating them all (by accident) and afterwards having really bad convulsions and being saved and now having some organ damage. Wouldn't recommend since the concentration of cyanide can vary too much and it's very likely to cause a lot of pain.

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
It's okay, if the cherry pips fail and he feels more suicidal he could try apple pips. If that fails he can try almonds. If that fails he can try apricots. If that fails he could eat a bag of nuts and hope he has a nut allergy. Etc.

Doesn't make sense OP to try things that probably wont work, but have the potential to leave you worse off than at the start.