• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
It is much higher than Golden Gate Bridge but far less people chose or knew this choice.

Any negative factors that make this bridge a less optimal choice for jumping?

Who is local and plz offer some advice on using this bridge to CTB

• Love
Reactions: FallenfromGrace and Little_Suzy
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Does it have a suicide obstruction
Had to google Where it was
Looks like nice views on the canyon

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
It is much higher than Golden Gate Bridge but far less people chose or knew this choice.

There was a recent thread about that bridge that mentioned that they have an annual event called Bridge Day, with people parachuting etc off the bridge. So there's probably no suicide prevention nets or whatever.

A few weeks back I ordered the documentary The Bridge(2006), about jumpers on the Golden Gate bridge. But there's also a feature film called The Bridge(2021), about the New River Gorge bridge. It seems like it was made by pro-lifers:
Screenshot 20240208 125350

Screenshot 20240208 130124

It got 3.6/10 on IMDb. Haven't watched it yet, might check it out to see what rational discussions they have about suicide.😄

C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
The guard rail is really tall especially for a female

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

In the last 8 years, 38 people have committed suicide there

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
The guard rail is really tall especially for a female
This looks very average for bridges like this. In fact most bridges have higher railings than this. As for climbing, it seem very easy considering there are gaps where you can place your foot in the railing. Although, I have to say, this might have changed now since the film's over a year old.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
This is a pic from 2023 Bridge Day.
Screenshot 20240209 0235572

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
View attachment 128429
This looks very average for bridges like this. In fact most bridges have higher railings than this. As for climbing, it seem very easy considering there are gaps where you can place your foot in the railing. Although, I have to say, this might have changed now since the film's over a year old.
I don't think it's changed since there is bridge day. So hopefully it doesn't change

C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Where is the guard rail there? I can't see it
U have to calculate how many feet you have driven on the bridge to know that you have reached the middle of the bridge when doing it at night. The bridge is rather long

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
U have to calculate how many feet you have driven on the bridge to know that you have reached the middle of the bridge when doing it at night. The bridge is rather long
Oh shit yeah. Can't you look at it with lights on?

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
Oh shit yeah. Can't you look at it with lights on?
You can just use google maps for a rough estimate. Although sometimes google maps can be quite dodgy.

C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
if a police car parking on the bridge 24 hours like the bridges in manhattan
it'll be hard to just stop in the middle of the traffic and jump during day light
even at night, there'll be traffic and climing the rails and killing ur SI takes much more than 1 minute
getting pulled back from the rails would end up in custody,huge disaster
is there a toll station on the bridge?

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
Damn I feel like you gotta do it during the day then for 100%
The best case scenario would be if you can access the catwalk underneath. But it's kept closed to the public except for guided bridgewalks where you're tethered to a harness.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
The best case scenario would be if you can access the catwalk underneath. But it's kept closed to the public except for guided bridgewalks where you're tethered to a harness.
Can't you like climb it or something?