N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
New report about NFT scam.

Admittedly not all celebs promoted scams but at least a very sketchy business model.
I am not much into triple A celebs neither am I very much into crypto.
Though I like Eminem and really hated how he promoted NFTs. He did not promote this fraud platform FTX everyone talks about.
But his support for Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) was disgusting as fuck.

This is by far the worst thing Eminem ever done in my opinion. From his public persona speaking.

From other celebrities it is transparent why they go for crypto. The stars get huge amount of money even for just one instagram post. Seriously Eminem must have made millions just by promoting crypto. I don't really think he actually likes NFTs. However this is not impossible. Maybe if you have that much money you get bored by capitalism and search for new ways to express your superiority from the little man. Wasting your money gets boring. So just burn it with crypto.

But here comes this problem. Let's assume Eminem really like to waste money like that. It is okay if he does that with the millions he got due to his music. But it is something completely else if he promotes this stuff to the millions of fans who look up to him. This crypto lifestyle is disgusting .He also has a young easily controllable fan base. It hurt me to see him promoting such stuff. But maybe that is my fault. Just because I love his music as a human being he can have (major) flaws.

I could imagine he really likes crypto. But it could also be the case that his managers nudge him into that direction.

I think for legal reasons I emphasize one thing again. Eminem did not promote FTX. But crypto currencies in general. And I think especially this bored ape lifestyle is questionable as fuck.

Are you also disappointed by some people who support shit like that? Or it is rather my fault and my expectations were too high?
What do you think?

I just realized I have already made a thread like that. Sorry for that. But I put some work in it so I will post it anyway.

Reactions: katagiri83
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's my opinion that they were fooled into thinking it was legit. The Houstaon Astros used to play at Enron Field because they believed it was a legit business, yet no one blames them for the Enron mess. It is well known that celebrities are paid for endorsements- I think they were scammed like everyone else, and they wouldn't have endorsed it if they knew it was a scam. The guy from Shark Tank is a different matter, because of his role as a businessperson people will believe he did his due diligence, but he didn't. It's sad that this happened but I think they were fooled like everyone else.