highwaytoheaven

highwaytoheaven

Aug 15, 2024
any thoughts on using strong numbing cream before using a weapon on the throat or chest?

is there any point of the numbing cream?

I live in the uk so I can't get access to sn or many popular pills or arms mentioned here

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Zhendou
rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
there's no amount of numbing cream that would help you in such a situation.
also the psychological effects r prob the worst.

Reactions: annointed_towers, Beyond_Repair, heavyeyes and 5 others
eden101

eden101

Aug 12, 2024
read a post on reddit, this person slashed their throat and survived, its a terrible terrible pain the way they described it. choose another method please

Reactions: mlha, Beyond_Repair, heavyeyes and 6 others
Ironborn

Ironborn

Experienced
Jan 29, 2024
read a post on reddit, this person slashed their throat and survived, its a terrible terrible pain the way they described it. choose another method please
This, the arteries are surprisingly deep in the neck, you'll most likely damage ligaments, tendons and muscle.
The body can be stubbornly resilient to damage.

Reactions: mlha, heavyeyes, highwaytoheaven and 1 other person
highwaytoheaven

highwaytoheaven

Aug 15, 2024
This, the arteries are surprisingly deep in the neck, you'll most likely damage ligaments, tendons and muscle.
The body can be stubbornly resilient to damage.
I really appreciate you sharing this.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Numbing cream is only superficial. It only numbs the skin. The arteries are well beneath that, so the numbing cream would be useless. And, as stated before, it really isn't possible to reach them, your body will not allow you to.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair, heavyeyes, etherealspring and 4 others
eden101

eden101

Aug 12, 2024
Numbing cream is only superficial. It only numbs the skin. The arteries are well beneath that, so the numbing cream would be useless. And, as stated before, it really isn't possible to reach them, your body will not allow you to.
it is actually possible to slash your neck (if thats what you meant) but it is really really not recommended, for obvious reasons, as a suicide method. excruciating

Reactions: heavyeyes and highwaytoheaven
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Ice can numb pain.
There's nothing available to numb that level of deep injury as it occurring, it would prove nearly impossible as SI would take over, unfortunately.

OP, try the search bar for SN UK and see if there is anything useful, I am almost positive I have seen recent posts from people who have managed to obtain it. Look in other countries online like Poland, Germany, spain etc, use encrypted browser like DuckDuckGo so google doesnt screw you, search up the chemical name is well (NANO2),

Reactions: highwaytoheaven and eden101
highwaytoheaven

highwaytoheaven

Aug 15, 2024
There's nothing available to numb that level of deep injury as it occurring, it would prove nearly impossible as SI would take over, unfortunately.

OP, try the search bar for SN UK and see if there is anything useful, I am almost positive I have seen recent posts from people who have managed to obtain it. Look in other countries online like Poland, Germany, spain etc, use encrypted browser like DuckDuckGo so google doesnt screw you, search up the chemical name is well (NANO2),
thanks so much for this

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
thanks so much for this
Vey welcome, if you get stuck on anything else, feel free to PM me<3 Thank you for hearing us out, if the way you described was easier, there wouldn't be so many of us here. We care<3

Reactions: highwaytoheaven
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024

I said it can. and you're actually wrong, I had cryotherapy, ice, frozen water inserts for dental work. And it did work. Not saying it could work for this necessarily but cold is used as a pain mitigator.

• Informative
Reactions: opheliaoveragain
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
it is actually possible to slash your neck (if thats what you meant) but it is really really not recommended, for obvious reasons, as a suicide method. excruciating
Unless you are in a psychotic state or have reached nirvana levels of spiritual awakening, your body will not allow you to do this. There are many protective mechanisms your body has to stop things like this from happening. Someone in any semblance of a normal, non psychotic state will not be able to carry it out. So yes, it is possible, but not for the vast majority of the population.

• Informative
Reactions: sugarb
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I said it can. and you're actually wrong, I had cryotherapy, ice, frozen water inserts for dental work. And it did work. Not saying it could work for this necessarily but cold is used as a pain mitigator.
Dental work and slashing one's own throat are two wildly different levels of pain, not to mention that both the dental work and the cryotherapy were presumably conducted by professionals. There are very very few if any anesthetics that OP could conceivably use on themselves to make slitting their own throat painless while remaining conscious and even if they exist they're probably very difficult to get

There is zero reason for anyone to consider this method under any but the most extreme circumstances. Like, trapped in a torture dungeon level desperation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whale_bones, opheliaoveragain and Ash
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
Dental work and slashing one's own throat are two wildly different levels of pain, not to mention that both the dental work and the cryotherapy were presumably conducted by professionals. There are very very few if any anesthetics that OP could conceivably use on themselves to make slitting their own throat painless while remaining conscious and even if they exist they're probably very difficult to get

There is zero reason for anyone to consider this method under any but the most extreme circumstances. Like, trapped in a torture dungeon level desperation.
Did you read what I wrote? Specifically the part where I said I don't know if it would work for this? I don't think they should have to do this at all. But people have cut their throat with nothing at all, so although no one should be doing anything like this, people have. And if I didn't have any choice, I would probably try ice if I had nothing else. It's a horrific fact.

Last edited:
eden101

eden101

Aug 12, 2024
Unless you are in a psychotic state or have reached nirvana levels of spiritual awakening, your body will not allow you to do this. There are many protective mechanisms your body has to stop things like this from happening. Someone in any semblance of a normal, non psychotic state will not be able to carry it out. So yes, it is possible, but not for the vast majority of the population.
sometimes normal people do pretty crazy things so idk, lets just leave it at that

A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
Why is it that throat cutting is considered a humane* form of euthanasia for other species? Humans say it doesn't hurt? My neighbor recently killed one of her goats this way. She said he died fast. I think it's horrifying no matter who's at the other end of the knife.
If I didn't have a choice and had to cut my throat bare minimum I would use ice to try to numb it if I had no other option. And some people don't. Not everyone has access to other means. It's a sad reality but it's the f****** truth.

• Love
Reactions: eden101
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Why is it that throat cutting is considered a humane* form of euthanasia for other species? Humans say it doesn't hurt? My neighbor recently killed one of her goats this way. She said he died fast. I think it's horrifying no matter who's at the other end of the knife.
If I didn't have a choice and had to cut my throat bare minimum I would use ice to try to numb it if I had no other option. And some people don't. Not everyone has access to other means. It's a sad reality but it's the f****** truth.
1. It's not a humane method of slaughter (grew up on a farm, had my own, killed some of my own animals and took others to the abattoir if you want to know my experience)

2. Looking at another being to kill it when you know what you're doing is completely different to trying to kill yourself in the mirror

3. "Fast" is relative when you're not the one in pain. I say this as someone who cut her wrist just an hour ago. Those nerves sang and screamed.

• Hugs
Reactions: opheliaoveragain
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
1. It's not a humane method of slaughter

2. Looking at another being to kill it when you know what you're doing is completely different to trying to kill yourself in the mirror

3. "Fast" is relative when you're not the one in pain. I say this as someone who cut her wrist just an hour ago. Those nerves sang and screamed.
I don't think it's humane either, that's what I was trying to get at. A lot of humans think throat cutting is fine when applied to other species, because they say it doesn't hurt them, even though they also have a complete nervous system. I never did subscribe to the concept of anthropocentrism. I've never been able to kill any other creature, sick irony that I have to kill myself.
No one should have to cut their throat, no one should have to jump off a bridge no one should have to jump in front of a train no one should have to stab themselves, no one should have to electrocute themselves or set themselves on fire, no one should have to drink poison, no one should have to drown themselves, no one should have to shoot themselves, and yet people do, all over the world, every day, because they don't have a choice.
1. It's not a humane method of slaughter (grew up on a farm, had my own, killed some of my own animals and took others to the abattoir if you want to know my experience)
Yes and I have a ranch in Montana. I know all about cruel things people claim are humane, when none of it is.

Last edited:
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Did you read what I wrote? Specifically the part where I said I don't know if it would work for this? I don't think they should have to do this at all. But people have cut their throat with nothing at all, so although no one should be doing anything like this, people have. And if I didn't have any choice, I would probably try ice if I had nothing else. It's a horrific fact.
Yes, I did read it, and my response to you saying "I don't know if it'd work but during a dental appointment the doctors used cryotherapy to numb the pain" was "that almost certainly wouldn't work for slashing your throat".

I didn't say it'd be pointless. Obviously if there was an extreme desperate situation it'd be better than nothing at all. I'm saying it's still a ridiculously painful, risky, and SI-intensive method regardless and should never be recommended.

As OP said, they can't access a firearm or most pills due to being in the UK. That's why they're asking about a possible numbing cream + knife method. They probably have or could have other methods available such as drowning or hanging. From what information is available they are not in anywhere near desperate enough a situation for throat cutting.

A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
Yes, I did read it, and my response to you saying "I don't know if it'd work but during a dental appointment the doctors used cryotherapy to numb the pain" was "that almost certainly wouldn't work for slashing your throat".

I didn't say it'd be pointless. Obviously if there was an extreme desperate situation it'd be better than nothing at all. I'm saying it's still a ridiculously painful, risky, and SI-intensive method regardless and should never be recommended.

As OP said, they can't access a firearm or most pills due to being in the UK. That's why they're asking about a possible numbing cream + knife method. They probably have or could have other methods available such as drowning or hanging. From what information is available they are not in anywhere near desperate enough a situation for throat cutting.
It's okay, I got you 🙏 none of us should be using any of these methods, even the less crude methods are horrific.

• Hugs
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
No one should have to cut their throat, no one should have to jump off a bridge no one should have to jump in front of a train no one should have to stab themselves, no one should have to electrocute themselves or set themselves on fire, no one should have to drink poison, no one should have to drown themselves, no one should have to shoot themselves, and yet people do, all over the world, every day, because they don't have a choice.
And outside of desperate cases, people should be discouraged from using unreliable and agonizing methods like stabbing, electrocution, or immolation and directed towards recovery and/or more reasonable methods.

(apologies if this point was already clear and you agree, just wanted to mention it in the event it wasn't. I misinterpreted you a bit as i was initially writing)

• Hugs
Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
And outside of desperate cases, people should be discouraged from using unreliable and agonizing methods like stabbing, electrocution, or immolation and directed towards recovery and/or more reasonable methods.

(apologies if this point was already clear and you agree, just wanted to mention it in the event it wasn't. I misinterpreted you a bit as i was initially writing)
It's okay, my first response is pretty flat and probably sounds like I don't care or I'm encouraging something like this, I tried to explain it better but just sounds like over explaining at this point. Anyway, I feel you're a good person 🙏 thank you for your kind response and understanding.

• Hugs
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
It's okay, my first response is pretty flat and probably sounds like I don't care or I'm encouraging something like this, I tried to explain it better but just sounds like over explaining at this point. Anyway, I feel you're a good person 🙏 thank you for your kind response and understanding.
No worries! And thank you that's very sweet, you seem kind too ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
highwaytoheaven

highwaytoheaven

Aug 15, 2024
as a believer in God, I just wanted to say that God has been healing me from suicidal thoughts today.

In this evil world, God is the only one who can make things better for you and give you real joy and supernatural peace, in the midst of all this darkness.

I pray that everyone on this forum will get a chance to truly know Jesus and receive salvation before taking their life.

• Hugs
Reactions: suffering_mo_7 and sugarb