scottishstudent38

scottishstudent38

Jul 27, 2023
Evening all, this is my first post since joining. Little a out me…. 37M, struggled with depresssion(currently on sertraline) my whole life, it shoulda been apparant since from I was a child I always thought I would commit suicide.

Fast forward 20 years, a life destroying cocaine problem, 1 previous half-hearted Suicide attempt, and numerous self half scars, several family fallouts, haven't seen my daughter in 5 years, and just failed my final exams of my law degree.

Also recently been told when speak to mental health that I have undiagnosed add as well as depression, and been advised I've been self medicating with coke for 15 years.

Just sick of being a failure/burden on everyone.need an out from my current life, one way or another.

Don't know where to go from here.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome, Centraloze, lostinmythoughts and 4 others
L

Lost21

Student
Sep 24, 2018
Welcome to SaSu. I hope you find love and support. Feel free to Dm me if you if you need support

Reactions: Kit1 and lavender143once
lavender143once

lavender143once

Aug 6, 2023
You're valid in your thoughts, I'm sorry you haven't seen your daughter in so long. I was on the same meds and It made me sick, I'm sure it fucked me up more than help. There are many resources on this site, take full advantage of the search bar to aid in your escape.

scottishstudent38

scottishstudent38

Jul 27, 2023
You're valid in your thoughts, I'm sorry you haven't seen your daughter in so long. I was on the same meds and It made me sick, I'm sure it fucked me up more than help. There are many resources on this site, take full advantage of the search bar to aid in your escape.
Hi,

The meds have coincided with my worth ever period of drug usage, whether it's just a coincidence or not I don't know, but Ive not felt any improvement from the meds, but again almost daily binging of coke doesn't help.

Just had enough, every area of my life at the moment is a fuckin car crash.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It will take you posting a whole lot more before the "Search Function" reveals itself to you in the upper right corner of the page. No one really knows the exact amount of postings, but expect at least 20, maybe 30 posts, either by starting your own threads like this one, or responding in other's threads. I think you have to be active for a period of time, too. I'm sorry about the situation in which you find yourself, both with school and with your daughter. You can re-take the law tests, though, right, if you so choose? Anyway, welcome and I hope you can find that which you seek.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds like you've suffered a lot, existing really can be so dreadful, it must be so awful what you've been through. But anyway I wish you the best in whatever happens going forward.

NancyVicious

NancyVicious

Aug 21, 2023
I'm sorry you are having such a shit time. ADD is so hard to cope with, the constant noise in your brain. The fact that you've got through to the end of your degree despite everything that you've been dealing with is something to be proud of. Can you have some time out then retake the final exam?
Wishing you all the best

Reactions: Kit1
scottishstudent38

scottishstudent38

Jul 27, 2023
I'm sorry you are having such a shit time. ADD is so hard to cope with, the constant noise in your brain. The fact that you've got through to the end of your degree despite everything that you've been dealing with is something to be proud of. Can you have some time out then retake the final exam?
Wishing you all the best
Hey,

I'm resitting my last exam this Friday. Had one other paper outstanding which I passed this week, so only this exam on Friday stands between me and my degree.

Would be nice if this could be some sort of turning point, as I have no commitments (education wise) till next September, to focus on improving my current circumstances

Reactions: Kit1 and Deleted member 65988
lostinmythoughts

lostinmythoughts

Student
Nov 30, 2023
Evening all, this is my first post since joining. Little a out me…. 37M, struggled with depresssion(currently on sertraline) my whole life, it shoulda been apparant since from I was a child I always thought I would commit suicide.

Fast forward 20 years, a life destroying cocaine problem, 1 previous half-hearted Suicide attempt, and numerous self half scars, several family fallouts, haven't seen my daughter in 5 years, and just failed my final exams of my law degree.

Also recently been told when speak to mental health that I have undiagnosed add as well as depression, and been advised I've been self medicating with coke for 15 years.

Just sick of being a failure/burden on everyone.need an out from my current life, one way or another.

Don't know where to go from here.
Welcome to the club we all in the same boat!