SN or RB

SN or RB

Oct 28, 2020
I've always thought that the Netherlands was the sanest country, regarding laws and privacy and respecting personal choices. Now that I've read more on end of life rights, I'm convinced that these countries are just light years ahead. Do people have thoughts on this?

Reactions: DontGiveAshiit, Aurora and Meditation guide
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I've always thought that the Netherlands was the sanest country, regarding laws and privacy and respecting personal choices. Now that I've read more on end of life rights, I'm convinced that these countries are just light years ahead. Do people have thoughts on this?
Oh yes, Holland, Belgium and Switzerland are way ahead of all other countries. When it comes to many things like assisted death.

Reactions: SN or RB, Aurora, XYZ and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
They are all about personal autonomy in sex, drugs, deciding when to die, etc. It puzzles me why other places aren't like these. The way they incarcerate criminals also is far advanced.

Reactions: DontGiveAshiit, SN or RB, Aurora and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
They are all about personal autonomy in sex, drugs, deciding when to die, etc. It puzzles me why other places aren't like these. The way they incarcerate criminals also is far advanced.
Yeah Drugs are legal in Holland and there are hardly any addicts there. The only thing I don't like much is the red light district lol

• Hugs
Reactions: daddy Phil :) and SN or RB
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
My life would have probably been even worse there but if they can kill me then I'm all for it

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
The only thing I don't like much is the red light district lol
I think if two consenting adults want to have sex even if money changes hands that is their right. I saw an interesting movie about twin ladies getting up there in years who worked as prostitutes in Holland. Very enlightening.

Last edited:
Reactions: SN or RB
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
My life would have probably been even worse there but if they can kill me then I'm all for it
If you have 15k and pass through 10 doctors and 5 shrinks and they all reach the same conclusion then you would be all set.
I think if two consenting adults want to have sex even if money changes hands that is their right. I saw an interesting movie about two twin ladies getting up there in years who worked as prostitutes in Holland. Very enlightening.
Oh yeah? Remember the name of the movie? So maybe I can watch it?

Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
If you have 15k and pass through 10 doctors and 5 shrinks and they all reach the same conclusion then you would be all set.
They still only do euthanasia for the severely ill, also Idk if they can do it for foreigners

Aurora

Aurora

Nov 1, 2020
If l lived in Switzerland I'd be going to Dignitas. As things stand, I have to save up money before I go as a suicide tourist. But yeah these countries are light years ahead compared to the UK.

Reactions: SN or RB and Meditation guide
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
They still only do euthanasia for the severely ill, also Idk if they can do it for foreigners
In Belgium they do for mental health.

Reactions: Aurora, SN or RB and Meditation guide
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I think even the mentally ill are allowed to be euthanized there.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Aurora and Sherri
SN or RB

SN or RB

Oct 28, 2020
I've always been interested in politics in general, but now that this issue has come firmly on my radar, it's just one more reason that these places seem like the only rationally run countries.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
My country (UK)would be better like those ones but I don't think it'll ever go that way here. Its a pity.

Reactions: All washed up and SN or RB
D

DontGiveAshiit

Student
Nov 1, 2020
I will take it further, honestly I dont understand we do I even need to prove anything in order to get euthanized, just let anybody who want to die just die, who the hell are them to decide for my life? As long as the person is not a minor and defined by low as an independent person, who is responsible for his actions, he should do whatever he wants with his life.

Damn this makes me angry just because we need to fight just to get an easy way to go (N basically), and instead taking risks with all kinds of other sh*tty ways...

Reactions: Bauhaus
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
My country (UK)would be better like those ones but I don't think it'll ever go that way here. Its a pity.
Not a chance, certainly not in our lifetimes, no pun intended:)

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
We have to plan our own deaths. Which is hard too do. Wish we could just take a tablet and die but no. We have to carry out gruesome risky attempts. In all honesty I think if I was healthy I wouldn't legalize euthanasia. Now I'm unhealthy I want it legalized. Cant change opinion depending on how my mental health is. 99% of the world are lucky and mentally healthy so there never gonna legalise euthanasia. I'm afraid were stuck with trying too plan a successful suicide which is bloody hard.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
The problem is all the organized religions, none of which say it's ok.

During the Spanish Inquisition when all but one religion was allowed, Netherlands was one of the few places
people could flee to so they could practice the religion they chose.

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
I wish I never learnt religion. Bought up in a church of England school. Now I think about it all the time and am sure my illness is due too thinking too much about it. Some people dont care and sail through life. Fucked up really. Try and treat people well and be kind and still get shafted. Whilst others go around on purpose fucking people over and not having a concious and glide through life.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Please don't idealize these countries.
There are Swiss, Dutch and Belgian people on SS.
They'll tell you that if you have mental illnesses you can't be euthanized 99% of the time.
Moreover, it costs something like 10000 euros or dollars (I don't know in Swiss francs) in Switzerland.

Reactions: introspectious, All washed up and Lilacmoon