• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023

92714E75 794A 4305 8575 0C5F1A6A95CE

Type 5

Enneagram Type 5, often referred to as "The Investigator" or "The Observer," is characterized by a thirst for knowledge and a deep desire to understand the world around them. While this personality type possesses numerous strengths such as analytical thinking, independence, and a quest for expertise, the negative aspects of their nature can create challenges in both their personal lives and relationships. Their negative aspects tend to take the following forms:

• Isolation: Tendency to withdraw and isolate themselves to conserve energy and knowledge.
  • Emotional Detachment:Difficulty expressing emotions and connecting emotionally with others.
  • Intellectualizing Emotions:Trying to understand emotions through analysis rather than experiencing them.
  • Hoarding Information:Accumulating knowledge and information as a way to feel secure and in control.
  • Fear of Depletion: Anxiety about running out of resources, leading to emotional and physical withdrawal.
  • Social Anxiety: Struggle with social interactions, often feeling socially inadequate or overwhelmed.
  • Overthinking: Spending excessive time analyzing and dissecting information, sometimes leading to paralysis.
  • Difficulty Asking for Help:Reluctance to seek help or assistance, valuing self-sufficiency.
  • Avoidance of Dependency:Aversion to relying on others, leading to a sense of autonomy.
  • Detachment from Body:Disconnection from bodily sensations and needs due to a focus on mental pursuits.
  • Escapism into Knowledge:Using intellectual pursuits as a way to escape from emotional challenges.
  • Struggle with Intimacy:Difficulty forming deep emotional bonds due to fear of vulnerability.
  • Overwhelmed by Emotions:Occasionally becoming overwhelmed when emotions do surface.
  • Perfectionism: Setting high standards for themselves and others, fearing incompetence.
  • Analysis Paralysis:Overanalyzing situations, which can lead to indecision and missed opportunities.
  • Defensive Intellect: Using knowledge as a defense mechanism against vulnerability.
  • Fear of Obligation: Avoiding situations that might require them to give more than they feel comfortable with.
  • Neglecting Physical Health:Focusing so much on mental pursuits that physical health can be overlooked.
  • Distrust of Others: Reluctance to share information or collaborate due to a fear of exploitation.
  • Loneliness: Struggling with feelings of isolation and not fully connecting with others.
  • Avoiding Conflict: Tendency to avoid conflict and confrontation to maintain inner peace.
  • Difficulty Expressing Needs:Reluctance to express their needs, even when necessary.
  • Overemphasis on Self-Sufficiency: Belief that they should be able to handle everything on their own.
  • Fear of Incompetence:Worrying about being inadequate or not having enough knowledge.
  • Resistance to Change:Discomfort with sudden changes or disruptions to their routine.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Alexei_Kirillov, eatantz and 3 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, eatantz, Saturn_ and 2 others
soulkitty

soulkitty

ロロ□
Apr 6, 2024
IMG 8142
This one honestly felt really accurate for me

Attachments

• IMG_8145.jpeg
    IMG_8145.jpeg
    602.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8144.png
    IMG_8144.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8143.png
    IMG_8143.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: eatantz, Saturn_, Rocinante and 1 other person
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Strange. Usually I get 4w5 as my Enneagram result on most tests.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, eatantz, sserafim and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't understand this Enneagram stuff at all but this seems fairly accurate.

IMG 6812
Enneagram Type 9, often referred to as "The Peacemaker" or "The Mediator," is characterized by a strong desire for harmony, peace, and a fear of conflict. While this personality type possesses many strengths such as diplomacy, empathy, and a calming presence, the negative aspects of their nature can create challenges in both their personal lives and relationships. Their negative aspects tend to take the following forms:

• Avoidance of Conflict: Tendency to avoid confrontation and conflict to maintain inner peace.
  • Procrastination: Delaying decisions or actions due to a desire to keep things harmonious.
  • Passivity: Struggling to assert themselves or express their own desires and needs.
  • Self-Neglect: Neglecting their own needs and prioritizing others to prevent conflict.
  • Indecisiveness: Difficulty making decisions, often deferring to others' preferences.
  • Emotional Numbing: Suppressing emotions to maintain tranquility, leading to emotional numbness.
  • Difficulty Expressing Anger:Struggling to express anger or frustration directly.
  • Resistance to Change: Discomfort with change, preferring the familiar and stable.
  • Fear of Disconnection: Worrying about losing connection or support from others.
  • Unassertive Communication:Struggle to communicate assertively, leading to misunderstandings.
  • Resentment and Passive-Aggressiveness: Building up resentment when needs are unmet, sometimes expressed passively.
  • Self-Effacement: Diminishing their own importance to keep harmony within a group.
  • Neglecting Personal Desires:Putting others' desires before their own, leading to dissatisfaction.
  • Lack of Boundaries: Struggling to set boundaries and defend personal space.
  • Complacency: Becoming complacent and resigned to situations they find dissatisfying.
  • Apathy: Feeling detached and indifferent to their own wants and interests.
  • Avoiding Confrontation at All Costs: Sacrificing their own needs to avoid confrontation.
  • Difficulty Speaking Up: Hesitating to express their opinions or preferences in group settings.
  • Loss of Self: Merging with others' opinions and losing sight of their own identity.
  • Underestimating Their Impact:Minimizing their importance and influence on others.
  • Fading Motivation: Starting tasks with enthusiasm but losing motivation if conflicts arise.
  • Numbing with Activities: Engaging in mindless activities to avoid addressing inner conflict.
  • Fear of Disruption: Anxiety about any action that might disrupt peace and harmony.
  • Passive Resistance: Resisting change or requests passively rather than assertively.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, eatantz, sserafim and 1 other person
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023

Very interesting. I like to see one of these have a solid application.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and eatantz
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Screenshot 4 6 2024 175016 wwwidrlabscom
Enneagram Type 4, often referred to as "The Individualist" or "The Romantic," is characterized by a deep sense of uniqueness and a desire to express their individuality. While this personality type possesses many strengths such as creativity, emotional depth, and a strong sense of authenticity, the negative aspects of their nature can lead to challenges in their personal lives and relationships. Their negative aspects tend to take the following forms:

• Intense Emotions: Experience emotions deeply and can become overwhelmed by intense mood swings.
  • Self-Isolation: Tendency to withdraw from others when feeling misunderstood or different.
  • Constant Comparison: Often compare themselves to others, leading to feelings of inadequacy and envy.
  • Identity Struggles: Search for a unique identity, feeling that they don't quite fit in anywhere.
  • Emphasis on Uniqueness: Desire to be special and unique can lead to pretentious behavior.
  • Melancholic Thinking: Inclination towards melancholic or pessimistic thinking patterns.
  • Idealization and Disappointment: Idealize experiences, leading to disappointment when reality falls short.
  • Self-Indulgence: Seeking intense emotions and experiences, sometimes leading to self-destructive behaviors.
  • Fear of Abandonment: Fear of being unimportant or abandoned by others due to their perceived differences.
  • Negative Self-Image: Struggle with low self-esteem, often feeling flawed or defective.
  • Rumination: Dwelling on negative thoughts and emotions, leading to cycles of negativity.
  • Dramatic Expressions: Express emotions dramatically, seeking attention and understanding.
  • Vulnerability Aversion: Struggling to reveal vulnerabilities due to fear of rejection or criticism.
  • Difficulty Accepting Happiness: Skepticism towards happiness, as they might feel unworthy of it.
  • Seeking External Validation: Craving external validation to confirm their uniqueness and worth.
  • Tendency to Isolate in Pain: Retreat into solitude when facing emotional pain or feeling misunderstood.
  • Rejecting Ordinary: Aversion to the mundane and ordinary, seeking extraordinary experiences.
  • Relationship Idealization: Idealizing relationships, leading to disappointment if partners don't meet expectations.
  • Over-Identification with Feelings: Identifying too strongly with emotions, defining their sense of self by them.
  • Resisting Practicality: Avoiding practical tasks in favor of emotionally charged or creative pursuits.
  • Perpetual Longing: A constant longing for something more, often undefined or unattainable.
  • Resistance to Moving Forward: Reluctance to move forward due to attachment to past experiences.
  • Creativity Blocks: Struggling with creative blocks due to emotional fluctuations.
  • Fear of Being Ordinary: Deep fear of blending in and being considered ordinary.
  • Difficulty in Letting Go: Holding onto past pain or emotional wounds, hindering personal growth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Lostandlooking, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I got type 5 too, closely followed by type 4 (as per usual):

Negative enneagram

Very interesting. I like to see one of these have a solid application.
The Enneagram is probably my favourite personality typing system tbh.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, sserafim, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Rocinante

Rocinante

Aug 26, 2022
Hey sry this is a little bit out of context but i think i know you from .org. Are you a user of .org too ?
I'm at the point of no return

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and hot
Rocinante

Rocinante

Aug 26, 2022
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim and hot
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023

Negative Enneagram Test

Results:

Result chart
Your Enneagram is Type 6.

Type 6

Enneagram Type 6, often referred to as "The Loyalist" or "The Skeptic," is characterized by a strong need for security and a tendency to be cautious and vigilant. While this personality type possesses many strengths such as loyalty, responsibility, and a commitment to preparedness, the negative aspects of their nature can create challenges in both their personal lives and relationships. Their negative aspects tend to take the following forms:
  • Anxiety and Worry: Tendency to be anxious and anticipate potential dangers or problems.
  • Overthinking: Constantly analyzing situations and seeking reassurance to alleviate anxiety.
  • Doubt and Indecision: Struggling with making decisions due to fear of making the wrong choice.
  • Fear of Abandonment: Worrying about being left alone or unsupported by those they trust.
  • Questioning Authority: Tendency to question authority and seek evidence to confirm trustworthiness.
  • Projecting Worst-Case Scenarios: Imagining negative outcomes and dwelling on them.
  • Attachment to Security: Craving security and seeking out dependable sources of safety.
  • Fear of Betrayal: Being cautious about who to trust and fearing betrayal by others.
  • Seeking Reassurance: Constantly seeking validation and reassurance from others.
  • Overdependence on Others: Relying heavily on others for guidance and decision-making.
  • Skepticism: Tendency to doubt intentions and motives, leading to suspicion.
  • Resistance to Change: Discomfort with sudden changes and a preference for the familiar.
  • Catastrophizing: Magnifying small problems into significant threats.
  • Defensive Pessimism: Adopting a pessimistic mindset to brace for potential disappointments.
  • Fear of Isolation: Anxiety about being left out or disconnected from social groups.
  • Avoiding Taking a Stand: Hesitation to express personal opinions to avoid conflict or rejection.
  • Creating Conflict to Avoid Conflict: Engaging in arguments as a way to avoid deeper issues.
  • Overprotectiveness: Being overly protective of loved ones due to fear of harm.
  • Excessive Planning: Planning excessively to control potential uncertainties.
  • Second-Guessing: Doubting their own abilities and questioning their decisions.
  • Negative Self-Talk: Self-critical and self-doubting internal dialogue.
  • Difficulty Letting Go of Worries: Struggling to let go of worries and relax.
  • Fear of Being Unprepared: Anxiety about being caught off-guard or unprepared.
  • Seeking External Validation: Relying on others to validate their choices and actions.
  • Avoiding Taking Risks: Preferring to stay within their comfort zone to avoid potential pitfalls.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, Saturn_, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
hot

hot

Mar 3, 2024
Who are you 👀👀
I could never ever in my entire life say this because i posted here the most low T vents ever and whole .org would fucking laugh at me if they would see that JFLLLL
But we only texted in some threads, thats it.
Yeah, I haven't been depressed since around February of this year. I just come here to check notifs on forums or browse off topic
Good to hear bro wish you the best homie.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Rocinante
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Strange. Usually I get 4w5 as my Enneagram result on most tests.

View attachment 141706

Oh my god. You know what tritype is right? I imagine you probably know the ins and outs of typology related stuff -- I have a passing interest in it. Seeing that I got a very high 9 score on this and knowing I'm (probably) 4w5, I found this and never before have I found more accurate descriptions of myself. https://wiki.personality-database.com/books/enneagram/page/459-the-contemplative-archetype

This is crazy. Thank you for the cool tests 🙏

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, sserafim and derpyderpins
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
My result was certainly revealing. Now I'm seeing the patterns everywhere haha.
Are you also a social 5? This sure does sound a lot like me…

This is the sp 5 description, by the way. I don't feel any guilt for existing though and I don't feel like I didn't deserve life. It's life (and this world and society) that doesn't deserve me. I do believe that my existence was a mistake but that's because I deserve better than this shitty world and prison planet. I don't blame myself for anything and I don't have any feelings of inferiority. I'm so/sp

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Are you also a social 5? This sure does sound a lot like me…

Type 2

The Enneagram Type 2, often referred to as "The Helper" or "The Giver," is characterized by a deep-seated desire to connect with others by offering assistance and support. While this personality type is known for their kindness, generosity, and empathy, the negative aspects of their nature can create challenges in both their personal lives and relationships. Their negative aspects tend to take the following forms:
  • Overly Self-Sacrificing: Strong inclination to prioritize others' needs over their own, often to the detriment of their own well-being.
  • Validation Seeking: Seeking approval and validation from others by constantly helping and being indispensable.
  • Manipulative Behavior: Tendency to manipulate situations and emotions to feel needed and valued.
  • Hidden Agenda: Helping others with the underlying expectation of receiving appreciation or reciprocation.
  • Boundary Issues: Difficulty setting healthy boundaries, leading to emotional exhaustion and burnout.
  • Resentment: Developing resentment when their efforts aren't acknowledged or reciprocated as expected.
  • Ignoring Personal Needs: Neglecting their own needs and desires while focusing excessively on fulfilling others'.
  • Fear of Rejection: Constantly fearing rejection or abandonment if they don't meet others' needs.
  • Dependence on Others' Approval: Relying on external validation for their sense of self-worth and identity.
  • Loss of Authenticity: Suppressing their own feelings and opinions to cater to others' preferences.
  • Emotional Manipulation: Using emotions to control situations, often making others feel guilty for not complying.
  • Avoiding Conflict: Going to great lengths to avoid conflict and disagreements, even at their own expense.
  • Loss of Identity: Struggling to distinguish their own desires and identity from those they help.
  • Exaggerated Selflessness: Displaying excessive selflessness to the point of denying their own needs altogether.
  • Emotional Volatility: Swinging between feelings of selflessness and moments of frustration or anger.
  • Martyr Complex: Adopting the role of the martyr, using their sacrifices to garner sympathy and attention.
  • Conditional Giving: Giving with strings attached, expecting something in return for their help.
  • Neglecting Self-Reflection: Focusing so much on others that they fail to reflect on their own feelings and motivations.
  • Unhealthy Attachments: Forming co-dependent relationships based on their role as the caregiver.
  • Burnout: Constantly overextending themselves without proper self-care, leading to burnout.
  • Loss of Autonomy: Feeling trapped by their need to be needed, which can hinder their personal growth.
  • Fear of Abandonment: Worrying that if they stop helping, they'll be abandoned or unloved.
  • Validation Addiction: Becoming addicted to the emotional highs they get from being needed and appreciated.
I think you can have fun with that. Reading that list hits hard because of how many I can see in my behavior.

This is the sp 5 description, by the way. I don't feel any guilt for existing though and I don't feel like I didn't deserve life. It's life (and this world and society) that doesn't deserve me. I do believe that my existence was a mistake but that's because I deserve better than this shitty world and prison planet. I don't blame myself for anything and I don't have any feelings of inferiority. I'm so/sp

Interesting to me that you chose to point out that you don't feel guilty rather than that you aren't self-sufficient under the same list:

The conservation E5 is independent, due to the fear of being swallowed, and due to the belief that he does not have much to give. He does not ask for help; the world is not to be trusted. This mistrust originated from the primary relationship with the caregivers, who did not respond adequately to the person. Experiencing great frustration when not being able to support others, the conservation E5 chooses to retire from relationships. Despite his self-sufficiency, his material life is often lacking, because he does not need much either. This subtype can choose low-paying jobs because he values independence above all else.
Social 5 fits how you see yourself more. I think Self-preservation 5 might fit who you actually are more. It's important to remember that these tests are not reflections of who we are, but who we see ourselves as, because we are answering the questions and our view of ourself can be flawed.

Considering the point of the test is to identify issues, maybe don't be so quick to say "I don't feel guilt" and explore the idea that it may be taking an indirect form.

I don't think you're supposed to read the descriptions and think "fuck yeah, that's me and I'm awesome," you're supposed to think "ah, shit, that is me and I have some stuff to work on."

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
SlyEden

SlyEden

Melancholic Wanderer
Jun 3, 2024
Screenshot 20240605 074511 Chrome
I normally get 4w5 on the other test. This one is a tie between 2 and 5. It talks a lot about sacrificing for others and using others approval for validation. I can definitely relate to that

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Interesting to me that you chose to point out that you don't feel guilty rather than that you aren't self-sufficient under the same list:

The conservation E5 is independent, due to the fear of being swallowed, and due to the belief that he does not have much to give. He does not ask for help; the world is not to be trusted. This mistrust originated from the primary relationship with the caregivers, who did not respond adequately to the person. Experiencing great frustration when not being able to support others, the conservation E5 chooses to retire from relationships. Despite his self-sufficiency, his material life is often lacking, because he does not need much either. This subtype can choose low-paying jobs because he values independence above all else.
Social 5 fits how you see yourself more. I think Self-preservation 5 might fit who you actually are more. It's important to remember that these tests are not reflections of who we are, but who we see ourselves as, because we are answering the questions and our view of ourself can be flawed.

Considering the point of the test is to identify issues, maybe don't be so quick to say "I don't feel guilt" and explore the idea that it may be taking an indirect form.

I don't think you're supposed to read the descriptions and think "fuck yeah, that's me and I'm awesome," you're supposed to think "ah, shit, that is me and I have some stuff to work on."
I still believe that I'm so 5 though. Here's the description. It fits me much better than sp 5

"They consider ordinary life and people as boring, as they search for a higher meaning and higher understanding. Wanting to be a totem of knowledge for others, this subtype is heavily intellectual and oriented towards collecting knowledge. This subtype also intellectualizes and isolates their own feelings the most, constantly separating them from their thoughts and suppressing them, seeing them as not important. They're also the most arrogant and cold 5, though they are also the least transparent 5, as they want to maintain their image of knowledge, always hiding a part of themselves.

Ichazo titled SO5 "Totems", someone who has heroes to live up to, however this idealization both divinizes their heroes and dehumanizes everyone else. Naranjo described this character as someone who wants to feel that they matter, but they themselves feel unimportant or uninteresting, a place of "inner poverty", which causes them to seek magic of meaning, the richness of experience, the special, elevated, great or extraordinary."

"If the E4 are so intense, that this makes them very differentiated or contrasting characters, the E5, on the other hand, in their usual lack of intensity, appear to us as more difficult to differentiate between them.

In reference to the passion of social E5, Ichazo used the word totem, which I find very evocative, a good image. But the passion of the social E5 is something similar to the need for the essential, the sublime, we could say, instead of the need for what there is. Totem indicates both height and the character of being a constructed object rather than a human being. The height of a totem evokes a tendency of these people to look up, towards the ideal, and to relate to the most outstanding and prominent among people, something like Midas wanted everything he touched to turn to gold.

The tragedy is that, by seeking the social E5 a super value, it implicitly despises ordinary life and ordinary people. He is only interested in the quintessence of life, the elixir of existence, the ultimate meaning. But in this orientation towards the stars he becomes someone who is little interested in life here below... He becomes, therefore, too spiritual, since affective impoverishment, which moves away from compassion, is precisely contrary to spiritual achievement. Thus, in this character, a polarity is established between the extraordinary and what does not make sense, so that nothing makes sense until the extraordinary or magical is reached."

"This subtype works to know all there is to know about a particular subject and wants to be included in the (usually small) list of experts on that topic. They may relate more to others who share their values and intellectual interests than to the people in their everyday life. They fear "not knowing" more than they fear intrusion into their private space. They appear communicative and sociable, and enjoy intellectual discussions and sharing knowledge with people, but they rely on information and knowledge to push more heart-based connections away

If this is your subtype, you always try to be and look smart and knowledgeable, but that doesn't bring you true wisdom or joy. Nor is it a humble way of life. You may treat some people differently from others, according to whether or not you view them as members of your "special group." Notice if you tend to be warmer and more available to people who have the same level of interest and expertise in your preferred subject or cause—and colder and less attentive to people who don't. You may prioritize causes and the search for knowledge and meaning above individuals out of an unconscious fear of meaninglessness, but this keeps you disconnected from people and unable to truly care about them. Your tendency to bypass emotional development in favor of purely intellectual engagement may mean you think you are more conscious than you actually are."

"The Social Five expresses avarice through a need for "super-ideals," relating to others with common interests through knowledge and shared values (rather than emotional connection). In this Five, avarice is connected to knowledge. Needs for people and for the sustenance that relationships provide get channeled into a thirst for information. "Totem" refers to a passion for high ideals, the need to idealize experts and seek knowledge connected to whatever ultimate values this Five adheres to. Social Fives engage in a search for the ultimate meaning to avoid experiencing life as meaningless."

"For Social Fives, the passion of avarice is connected to knowledge. These Fives don't need the nourishment relationships provide because their passion for knowledge somehow compensates for what they might get from direct human contact. It's as if they have an intuition that they can find everything they need through the mind. Needs (for people and for emotional sustenance) get displaced into a thirst for knowledge.

The name given to this subtype is "Totem," which communicates their need for "superideals," or the need to relate to people who share their intellectual values, interests, and ideals. The image of a totem suggests both height and a character that is constructed (like an object) rather than a human being. These Fives do not relate to regular people in everyday life—they relate to easily idealized experts who share their ideals; to people who display what they see as outstanding characteristics based on shared values and knowledge and who they can keep at a certain distance. One Social Five I know says he "collects people" who share his interests and values.

For Social Fives, then, avarice gets acted out through a greedy search for the ultimate ideals that will provide a sense of meaning by connecting them to something special, thereby elevating their life. The Social Five's passion is the need for the essential, the sublime, or the extraordinary instead of what is here and now. In line with this need for relationships based on shared ideals, Social Fives have a tendency to look upward, toward higher values. According to Naranjo, they look toward the stars and care little for life down on earth.

In contrast to Sexual Fives, who are iconoclasts, Social Fives are admiring people— individuals who admire others that express their ideals in extraordinary ways. In looking for and adhering to super-values, they can be disdainful of ordinary life and ordinary people. The life of the mind feels more compelling, and the people at a distance who represent the extraordinary seem more seductive and interesting to them than the people they meet in everyday life.

Social Fives are looking for the ultimate meaning in life, motivated by an underlying (potentially unconscious) sense that things are meaningless unless the ultimate meaning is found. This Five's drive to find the extraordinary underscores a polarity they may perceive between extraordinariness and meaninglessness. They look for meaning to avoid a fearful sense that the world is meaningless, but in their search for meaning they orient themselves so much toward finding the quintessence of life—the extraordinary—that they may become disinterested in everyday life. They see a gap between the ideal and everyday life, and they burn in the longing for the ultimate meaning. For this Five, motivated by the social instinct in the service of avarice, the common, ordinary self does not have enough value to satisfy their drive for meaning.

In their search for meaning, these Fives can become spiritual or idealistic in a way that is actually counter to real spiritual attainment, because it bypasses compassion and empathy and the practical level of how people connect to each other in ordinary life. This tendency is the prototype of what is sometimes called a "spiritual bypass," in which a person looks for and devotes himself to a higher ideal or a valued system of knowledge as a way of avoiding doing the emotional and psychological work he would need to do to grow and develop. They may believe they are transcending their ego, but their adherence to their spiritual values or practice is their way of escaping from their everyday emotional reality into a "higher" intellectual system that they have idealized. Any type can spiritually bypass, but the Social Five is the prototype of someone who employs this as a defensive strategy.

Social Fives prefer not to feel. They can be mysterious and inaccessible, or fun and intellectually engaging. They may hide out in the pose of an expert, and they tend to have a sense of omnipotence through the exercise of their intellect. These Fives may imagine that they are superior to others because of their higher values and ideals. Although they would never (intentionally) show it, they seek recognition and prestige; they want to be someone important, and they often seek to fulfill this desire this by allying themselves with people they admire.

Social Fives can look like Type Sevens in that they can be fairly outgoing and display a great deal of excitement about interesting ideas and people. The Social Five is typically more "out there" than other Fives, in the sense of being more social and able to engage. Social Fives differ from Sevens, however, in that they are more reserved, less selfinterested, and less emotional than Sevens."

"The first thing we must clear up is that, even though we may be talking about a social subtype, a Social Five, no matter how social they may be, will be much less so than other Social subtypes. Social Fives have to make an effort to be in the outside world - it is not something that comes naturally. Like all Fives, these Fives accumulate a lot of knowledge, but they do not struggle as much as other Fives to share it with the world. In addition their exposure in society will always be dependent on the security their knowledge gives them. If the circumstances are not ideal, they will return to their refuge.

In the words of the psychologist, Jordi Pons: "Of the three Five subtypes, these are the most intellectual and scientifically-focused Fives. They have a tendency to believe: I know, therefore I exist. For their great dedication to scientific topics they can become experts in areas that capture their interest. They dedicate their lives to the search for the extraordinary. They look for the origin of things, a special knowledge. They have the fantasy that the more they know, the happier they will be. Socially, they look to belong to groups where the common link is similar wisdom or being fans of the same thing. They can do so as students or disciples, teachers or instructors. For example, the scientist that meets with a small group of scientists and they talk about science in a language only they understand."

They have a tendency to idealize and have a tendency toward admiring love. The problem, however, is that there are very few people that they consider worthy of being admired. Those who are, they see clearly up at the top with them. They look for the extraordinary and perform their tasks with excellence and ease. We already know that in Fives, it is hard for them to make contact with the mundane and earthly, and they have a tendency toward the "superior" world (in every sense of the word), but in this subtype it is even more exaggerated."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
They're also the most arrogant and cold 5, though they are also the least transparent 5, as they want to maintain their image of knowledge, always hiding a part of themselves.
Sounds right.
divinizes their heroes and dehumanizes everyone else. Naranjo described this character as someone who wants to feel that they matter, but they themselves feel unimportant or uninteresting, a place of "inner poverty", which causes them to seek magic of meaning, the richness of experience, the special, elevated, great or extraordinary."
I wonder who your heroes are. This matches with my theory that your seemingly high self-esteem is partially a superiority complex, so I won't debate it.
need for the essential, the sublime, we could say, instead of the need for what there is. Totem indicates both height and the character of being a constructed object rather than a human being. The height of a totem evokes a tendency of these people to look up, towards the ideal, and to relate to the most outstanding and prominent among people, something like Midas wanted everything he touched to turn to gold.
I could see it.
The tragedy is that, by seeking the social E5 a super value, it implicitly despises ordinary life and ordinary people. He is only interested in the quintessence of life, the elixir of existence, the ultimate meaning. But in this orientation towards the stars he becomes someone who is little interested in life here below... He becomes, therefore, too spiritual, since affective impoverishment, which moves away from compassion, is precisely contrary to spiritual achievement. Thus, in this character, a polarity is established between the extraordinary and what does not make sense, so that nothing makes sense until the extraordinary or magical is reached."
Absolutely, but this is what I'm saying about these descriptions being cautionary rather than lauding.
If this is your subtype, you always try to be and look smart and knowledgeable, but that doesn't bring you true wisdom or joy. Nor is it a humble way of life. You may treat some people differently from others, according to whether or not you view them as members of your "special group." Notice if you tend to be warmer and more available to people who have the same level of interest and expertise in your preferred subject or cause—and colder and less attentive to people who don't.
For you, it's interesting to describe what your "preferred subject or cause" is. Saying "NEET is superior" seems too simple. Defining the actual cause is something I may pray on. (Also you don't necessarily like people matching your 'level of interest' lol you like people who agree with you.)
You may prioritize causes and the search for knowledge and meaning above individuals out of an unconscious fear of meaninglessness, but this keeps you disconnected from people and unable to truly care about them. Your tendency to bypass emotional development in favor of purely intellectual engagement may mean you think you are more conscious than you actually are.
(emphasis added)

They look for meaning to avoid a fearful sense that the world is meaningless, but in their search for meaning they orient themselves so much toward finding the quintessence of life—the extraordinary—that they may become disinterested in everyday life. They see a gap between the ideal and everyday life, and they burn in the longing for the ultimate meaning. For this Five, motivated by the social instinct in the service of avarice, the common, ordinary self does not have enough value to satisfy their drive for meaning.

In their search for meaning, these Fives can become spiritual or idealistic in a way that is actually counter to real spiritual attainment, because it bypasses compassion and empathy and the practical level of how people connect to each other in ordinary life. This tendency is the prototype of what is sometimes called a "spiritual bypass," in which a person looks for and devotes himself to a higher ideal or a valued system of knowledge as a way of avoiding doing the emotional and psychological work he would need to do to grow and develop. They may believe they are transcending their ego, but their adherence to their spiritual values or practice is their way of escaping from their everyday emotional reality into a "higher" intellectual system that they have idealized. Any type can spiritually bypass, but the Social Five is the prototype of someone who employs this as a defensive strategy.
(emphasis added)

Not going to argue against here. It's a good fit in a lot of ways. I like this:

Social Fives can look like Type Sevens in that they can be fairly outgoing and display a great deal of excitement about interesting ideas and people. The Social Five is typically more "out there" than other Fives, in the sense of being more social and able to engage. Social Fives differ from Sevens, however, in that they are more reserved, less selfinterested, and less emotional than Sevens."
I like that you identify with this subtype.

Reactions: sserafim
lostyouinthestorm

lostyouinthestorm

an endless want
Jun 16, 2024
Type 5
Enneagram Type 5, often referred to as "The Investigator" or "The Observer," is characterized by a thirst for knowledge and a deep desire to understand the world around them. While this personality type possesses numerous strengths such as analytical thinking, independence, and a quest for expertise, the negative aspects of their nature can create challenges in both their personal lives and relationships. Their negative aspects tend to take the following forms:
  • Isolation: Tendency to withdraw and isolate themselves to conserve energy and knowledge.
  • Emotional Detachment: Difficulty expressing emotions and connecting emotionally with others.
  • Intellectualizing Emotions: Trying to understand emotions through analysis rather than experiencing them.
  • Hoarding Information: Accumulating knowledge and information as a way to feel secure and in control.
  • Fear of Depletion: Anxiety about running out of resources, leading to emotional and physical withdrawal.
  • Social Anxiety: Struggle with social interactions, often feeling socially inadequate or overwhelmed.
  • Overthinking: Spending excessive time analyzing and dissecting information, sometimes leading to paralysis.
  • Difficulty Asking for Help: Reluctance to seek help or assistance, valuing self-sufficiency.
  • Avoidance of Dependency: Aversion to relying on others, leading to a sense of autonomy.
  • Detachment from Body: Disconnection from bodily sensations and needs due to a focus on mental pursuits.
  • Escapism into Knowledge: Using intellectual pursuits as a way to escape from emotional challenges.
  • Struggle with Intimacy: Difficulty forming deep emotional bonds due to fear of vulnerability.
  • Overwhelmed by Emotions: Occasionally becoming overwhelmed when emotions do surface.
  • Perfectionism: Setting high standards for themselves and others, fearing incompetence.
  • Analysis Paralysis: Overanalyzing situations, which can lead to indecision and missed opportunities.
  • Defensive Intellect: Using knowledge as a defense mechanism against vulnerability.
  • Fear of Obligation: Avoiding situations that might require them to give more than they feel comfortable with.
  • Neglecting Physical Health: Focusing so much on mental pursuits that physical health can be overlooked.
  • Distrust of Others: Reluctance to share information or collaborate due to a fear of exploitation.
  • Loneliness: Struggling with feelings of isolation and not fully connecting with others.
  • Avoiding Conflict: Tendency to avoid conflict and confrontation to maintain inner peace.
  • Difficulty Expressing Needs: Reluctance to express their needs, even when necessary.
  • Overemphasis on Self-Sufficiency: Belief that they should be able to handle everything on their own.
  • Fear of Incompetence: Worrying about being inadequate or not having enough knowledge.
  • Resistance to Change: Discomfort with sudden changes or disruptions to their routine.
checks out. i had an interest in enneagram for a while and typed myself as a 5w6 (tritype 594, instinct stacking sp/so)