• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
I may or may not try the shallow water breathing method: this
I'm still iffy on cbt, but it'd still be nice to have a plan because I am leaning toward it. If I do attempt, I do not want to fail. Does anyone have any advice on how to increase my chances of success? I do have access to a pool and can be uninterrupted for ~45 minutes. I've read the thread and other threads talking about it, but I'm still confused. I've been trying to practice fainting and I get really lightheaded, along with my limbs being shaky. Still no euphoria state.

The method involves hyperventilating yourself then holding your breath underwater. If I do try to hyperventilate longer, it gets harder and harder to do.

If I do try to cbt, should I stand in the water and try the method? Again, I want it to be successful if I do try it. I would preferably want to make it look like an accident, since it's incredibly common.

Last edited:
R

Readytogo246

Student
Jun 4, 2023
I worry that your survival instinct might kick in.....the person I read about used weights to keep them down. I'm going to try nirto because it seems more reliable.

MusicGuy

MusicGuy

We're just another statistic
May 28, 2023
You need to hyperventilate longer if you don't go unconscious. How much minutes have you hyperventilated? Also are you doing it while sitting or while laying down?

I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
You need to hyperventilate longer if you don't go unconscious. How much minutes have you hyperventilated? Also are you doing it while sitting or while laying down?
Sitting. Was interrupted when I could nearly not keep hyperventilating anymore. When I do it enough it becomes really hard to keep doing it, but since I'm surrounded by people it's hard to find time to practice prolonging my tolerance

MusicGuy

MusicGuy

May 28, 2023
Sitting. Was interrupted when I could nearly not keep hyperventilating anymore. When I do it enough it becomes really hard to keep doing it, but since I'm surrounded by people it's hard to find time to practice prolonging my tolerance
What is your max time hyperventilating and then holding you breath?

I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
What is your max time hyperventilating and then holding you breath?
Late for me rn, idk when I will get a chance to practice because I'm gonna be around people tomorrow. Ill try to time it though. You lose sense of time doing that sort of thing

MusicGuy

MusicGuy

May 28, 2023
Late for me rn, idk when I will get a chance to practice because I'm gonna be around people tomorrow. Ill try to time it though. You lose sense of time doing that sort of thing
Ok, just try to check the hour during the process, it doesn't have to be exact. Just try to do aprox to 10 minutes of hyperventilating then hold your breath, you should blackout momentarily

Charlie-Bravo

Charlie-Bravo

May 30, 2023
How likely is it to wake back up. Thats my biggest concern.

Important: I would make sure that when I hold my breath, my body is fully submerged. On video talking about the dangers of SWB, they said that the cold air should wake your partner up, meaning sudden Temperature change(like the cold wet water) could easily result in failed attempt or painful drowning.

I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
How likely is it to wake back up. Thats my biggest concern.

Important: I would make sure that when I hold my breath, my body is fully submerged. On video talking about the dangers of SWB, they said that the cold air should wake your partner up, meaning sudden Temperature change(like the cold wet water) could easily result in failed attempt or painful drowning.
It's pretty hot where I live, since I have a pool it'll be easy to completely submerge myself. As much as I hate it, i may need to use a weight to keep me down
I keep trying to hyperventilate for longer but it gets so taxing and my body screams at me to stop, which I do.

Last edited:
Charlie-Bravo

Charlie-Bravo

May 30, 2023
Are you a smoker? Or other Health issues?

Charlie-Bravo

Charlie-Bravo

May 30, 2023
Oh ok, For me it was also taxing, most of the people that accidentally die of SWB are professional swimmers(so have good endurance).
I don't know if you can do small breaks between hyperventilating. On my first try I Hyperventilated for 7 min hold my breath, then when I felt unconfterbal, I continued hyperventilating for a bit, then holded my breath again. Then I was unconscious

• Informative
Reactions: GreenBanana23
I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
Oh ok, For me it was also taxing, most of the people that accidentally die of SWB are professional swimmers(so have good endurance).
I don't know if you can do small breaks between hyperventilating. On my first try I Hyperventilated for 7 min hold my breath, then when I felt unconfterbal, I continued hyperventilating for a bit, then holded my breath again. Then I was unconscious
Yeah, I'm in no rush honestly so I think I'm just going to practice a few times every day. This is only a "last resort" (I know people hate that phrase) but I've had suicidal thoughts for years (managed to get help once with the hotline but it returned quickly)

Reactions: Charlie-Bravo
I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
When I hyperventilate (as hard as I can, it's easier to do it through my mouth) it gets physically taxing and I stopped around 32 seconds. Should I not do it as hard?