Ichigo

Ichigo

Jun 15, 2023
I live in a car-dependent suburban area. My parents, we dont have any way of transportation. I feel totally stripped of independence. I wish i could be free alot of the time. Tons of people struggle with romance, relationship issues, but I never heard of someone with a story like mine where somebody feels stripped of independence. I always wondered if there was someone who has lived in a similar situation to me, and if they got out of it somehow? i really wanna know if anyone ever been in the same position as me? I only ever heard like 2 people say they have been. I wanna know how you saved up enough money to either move to a different area or get a car. If anyone knows please help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
For me, the problem was having been brainwashed into believing I was not capable of working or functioning independently. By the time I realised that I'd been lied to, my 20s were gone. All along, it was a problem of needing mentoring to counter the family abuse.

Reactions: Josh007
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
You can pay for taxis or other types of public transit. Many of us were teens and didn't own cars, but our friends and boyfriends did. Again, taking a taxi a few times a week is much cheaper than owning a car, so plan to pay for some way to get around.

I'm still optimistic about you because my first boyfriend bought me a car. My next boyfriend managed a dealership and offered me a substantial discount on my next car. My first luxury car was leased to my company. Two months after we met, my husband bought me a car for Christmas.

It is my sincere hope that the generosity extended to me reaches you as well.

If someone in this group no longer needs their car, they may offer it. This would allow you to become independent.

Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
I live in a car-dependent suburban area. My parents, we dont have any way of transportation. I feel totally stripped of independence. I wish i could be free alot of the time. Tons of people struggle with romance, relationship issues, but I never heard of someone with a story like mine where somebody feels stripped of independence. I always wondered if there was someone who has lived in a similar situation to me, and if they got out of it somehow? i really wanna know if anyone ever been in the same position as me? I only ever heard like 2 people say they have been. I wanna know how you saved up enough money to either move to a different area or get a car. If anyone knows please help.
Sounds like you live in a big city chances are there's an auction site outside the city. Some even have apps to buy cars online. If that's not an option maybe a family member can sell you or borrow money to get a car.