StaringIntoAnAbyss

StaringIntoAnAbyss

Is it all just a quantum dream ?
Aug 23, 2023
Hi not doing to good, due to a lot of stress I sh. and I just did but maybe a tad to deep.
I'm not sure if it needs stitches and would really not like that so can someone maybe help and tell me if so and if there are alternatives ? I can give a photo but idk if that is allowed :/
The cut is about 5 millimeters across

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
It looks like a styro cut. While you may not need stitches I would still recommend going to the hospital and getting their opinion on it since I'm not a medical professional. Is this from just now? How old is the cut? You typically can't get stitches after around 6-8 hours.

I'd also maybe disinfect it and bandage it up first. Do not use rubbing alcohol, btw. It kills off some of the healthy tissue which leads to the healing period being prolonged, thus your chances of infection end up going up. You can probably just use some water and unscented soap.

Reactions: CatLvr
Trismegistus_13

Trismegistus_13

Your best is all you can give
Jun 17, 2024
Hey there, I'm sorry you're hurting. It's hard to tell the depth from the blood, but you would probably need stitches or something like surgical glue for this type of cut. It's gaping a bit, but well approximated so it would heal nicely with a medical intervention. It will be prone to infection and will heal funny unless you close the edges together.

mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
You should use some butterfly bandages if you have any, they help with closing the wound so it heals better.

Reactions: juna
C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
It looks like a styro cut. While you may not need stitches I would still recommend going to the hospital and getting their opinion on it since I'm not a medical professional. Is this from just now? How old is the cut? You typically can't get stitches after around 6-8 hours.

I'd also maybe disinfect it and bandage it up first. Do not use rubbing alcohol, btw. It kills off some of the healthy tissue which leads to the healing period being prolonged, thus your chances of infection end up going up. You can probably just use some water and unscented soap.
Nor hydrogen peroxide, for the same reasons. I'd suggest betadine antiseptic solution and some butterfly bandages to hold the edges together a bit. Cover that firmly with a light gauze wrap to support the edges a little better until it seals over.

Reactions: BoredNTired, juna and EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Nor hydrogen peroxide, for the same reasons. I'd suggest betadine antiseptic solution and some butterfly bandages to hold the edges together a bit. Cover that firmly with a light gauze wrap to support the edges a little better until it seals over.
Honestly, I find that steri-strips work better (at least from my experience). They tend to do a better job at staying on.

C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
Honestly, I find that steri-strips work better (at least from my experience). They tend to do a better job at staying on.
Have you tried those new-fangled things that have solid adhesive strips down each side and little bitty tee-tiny zip-ties down the middle that you can tighten "to fit"??? I'm not into adding to the pain issues I already have but I'm half-tempted to cut myself just to give them a try. If the place I work was a little less of a nasty-ass, dirty, pig sty of a spot I'd REALLY be tempted but I don't need a major infection on top of everything else I have going on. So ......... 🤷

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Have you tried those new-fangled things that have solid adhesive strips down each side and little bitty tee-tiny zip-ties down the middle that you can tighten "to fit"??? I'm not into adding to the pain issues I already have but I'm half-tempted to cut myself just to give them a try. If the place I work was a little less of a nasty-ass, dirty, pig sty of a spot I'd REALLY be tempted but I don't need a major infection on top of everything else I have going on. So ......... 🤷
Oh, I've seen a few videos on those. I've never tried them before since I can't find any stores in my area that have them and ordering them online is out of the question since I live with my mom. It doesn't matter anyway since I haven't cut in months. I ended up telling revealing my SH to my parents a few months back while I was spilling the beans about my suspension (I can thank shrooms for leading me to deciding that it was the right choice). Now I can't cut at all.

• Hugs
StaringIntoAnAbyss

StaringIntoAnAbyss

Is it all just a quantum dream ?
Aug 23, 2023

Thanks for your response ❤️ I haven't yet desinfected but since I just showered before the cut and utilised a new clean blade, I don't think it will be a problem. And I'll prob just to be sure put some iodine on it or something.
Thank you for quick response I read it but didn't have it in my to respond ❤️
Hey there, I'm sorry you're hurting. It's hard to tell the depth from the blood, but you would probably need stitches or something like surgical glue for this type of cut. It's gaping a bit, but well approximated so it would heal nicely with a medical intervention. It will be prone to infection and will heal funny unless you close the edges together.
Thank you for your message :)
That's something I was thinking about, the cut is wider then it js deep I think. I'll get some things from the store today to fix it :)

You should use some butterfly bandages if you have any, they help with closing the wound so it heals better.
Alr im going to buy some sounds good
thank you 🙏 so detailed I'll get all the things I need in an hour then I'll do this.
Sounds like a lovely work space 😳
I've seen some videos on em. I just don't think they are available in my country. But I'll check. Thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr and EvisceratedJester