Liminal1

Liminal1

Done with it all
Oct 20, 2023
Has anyone had a near death experience? From what I could gather talking to people who have, its just nothing. No heaven, no hell. No pain or fear. They feel nothing. In a way thats a comfort. My greateset fear is still being trapped in my body, unable to move or communicate but still aware and able to feel everything. Like a living corpse. To me thats hell

Reactions: delayedcactus, Mauve87, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
The closest experience for me has been a general anesthesia I've gone through when I was younger.
Just because how quickly I lost consciousness and the fact that I haven't felt anything afterwards.

Reactions: Mauve87, Praestat_Mori and Liminal1
Liminal1

Liminal1

Done with it all
Oct 20, 2023
The closest experience for me has been a general anesthesia I've gone through when I was younger.
Just because how quickly I lost consciousness and the fact that I haven't felt anything afterwards.
Thats kinda what I hope death is like. You lose consciousness and feel nothingness after. Im not really religious or anything but apart of me is afraid of the afterlife

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, moondazed and SmollMushroom
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
When I was 14 my appendix ruptured and I had to have an emergency surgery. I was given anesthesia and the surgeon was talking to me about football and being really nice, and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room and woken up by a nurse putting a pill up my bum.

Very interesting how it's just nothing, and then you wake up.

It was the same when I OD'd on benzos. It was nothing, then waking up. I don't know if I'd call either of them near death, but it was pure unconsciousness.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Liminal1 and SmollMushroom
BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
i guess i've had one. Almost fell asleep again drunk in the forest at night while it was snowing. It was actually really peaceful maybe because i wasn't that close to actually ctb..(i'm still here so there's that..) but it stopped beeing cold and just really hot. Couldn't really think anymore and yeah was just exhausted i guess. It felt really comforting like the moment after a really stressful week when you go to bed and know that you can finally forget everything and realx now. There wasn't really any fear, just the stars, the music i was listening to and the sleepiness

idk if that was what you are looking for but here you go

Reactions: hiddenbpd, Praestat_Mori, Liminal1 and 1 other person
orphic

orphic

Turbulence
Oct 22, 2023
Has anyone had a near death experience? From what I could gather talking to people who have, its just nothing. No heaven, no hell. No pain or fear. They feel nothing. In a way thats a comfort. My greateset fear is still being trapped in my body, unable to move or communicate but still aware and able to feel everything. Like a living corpse. To me thats hell
i lost count with how many times i had neared death for the last 5 years. I say that, as a suicidal person, my methods had always ranged from pills to other things that were not really painful. If i were to describe it i say that its just...blank. There is nothing really i would describe as "interesting". Just blacking out like youre in a dreamless sleep until someone saves u i guess.

• Informative
Reactions: SmollMushroom, Praestat_Mori and Liminal1
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
Thats kinda what I hope death is like. You lose consciousness and feel nothingness after. Im not really religious or anything but apart of me is afraid of the afterlife
It's a silly thought, but sometimes I think I may have actually died from my first attempt and I'm currently living in hell to redeem what I did. 11 years later and life continues to get more chaotic and painful since then, and I've had to crawl my way out of my pain. Life has gotten better is some ways, but things have happened to me that have felt severely personal and reflections of my own sins.

Like I said, it's a silly thought but it haunts me.

Reactions: lovelydeath, ThisIsLife, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

plastic

Jan 16, 2021
Several times I experienced a complete loss of consciousness. The experiences are completely different. From astral projections, which I experienced several times, to complete nothingness. As for near death experiences, I have one where I passed out from being suffocated with a bag. It looked like I fell asleep. Probably, it all depends on what state the brain falls into after passing out.

Reactions: Meditation guide, ThisIsLife, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Closest i've had was with ketamine, i wrote about my experience in @SmollMushroom 's thread, which he funnily enough, had already linked

• Yay!
Reactions: Liminal1, Meditation guide, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
When I was in the thick of my body issues I fasted from food for 30 days, then fasted from water too for 3. I felt my heart beat slower and irregularly, and my body rise and float from above my bed. I didn't want to die from that so I did get some water. I think if I waited longer I would have been too weak and out of it to do even that.

In my attempt with diphenhydramine the last thing I saw was my parents looking at me angrily then nothing. Is it even accurate to call it a blackout when you can't perceive black anymore? I woke up in the er but I did recollect some dreams, so maybe it wasn't near death just unconsciousness.

Reactions: Liminal1
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
In my attempt with diphenhydramine the last thing I saw was my parents looking at me angrily then nothing. Is it even accurate to call it a blackout when you can't perceive black anymore? I woke up in the er but I did recollect some dreams, so maybe it wasn't near death just unconsciousness.
You tried to OD on DPH? I hear it's not easy to do such, more-so you just go a little psychotic for a bit. Did that leave you with any damage? Did you see the hatman? Lol

underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
You tried to OD on DPH? I hear it's not easy to do such, more-so you just go a little psychotic for a bit. Did that leave you with any damage? Did you see the hatman? Lol
I felt the sort of sludgy, iron-weight-in-your-stomach feel you can get when taking benadryl as intended but 100x heavier, needing to pee, but no psychosis or hallucinations that others reported. Doctor said my heart rate was extremely fast when I came in and still was fast when I woke and saw the monitor but I didn't really "feel" it throughout the whole thing? In the end they said I just got a little liver damage from it.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
The human brain is complicated and can function several hours after death. Some people have near death experiences and others experience only darkness. To remember our dreams, we must wake up in connection with the dream. There are scientific explanations for near death experiences - at least that is what science believes. But science may not be able to explain everything. Death is the unknown. But we know that our bodies die. However, the belief in an afterlife has its origin in religion.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
General anesthesia does indeed seem a great way to go, have had it a few times. Haven't had a NDE per se, as in bright lights at the end of a tunnel etc. But there was one event which seems well worth sharing here:

In 2018 I had a medical emergency. Was waiting on my own for the EMS in excruciating pain for almost an hour. It was unbearable. After a while though a question popped into my head, why am I still doing this to myself? Had been miserable for decades and anhedonia had run rampant for years, so what's the point of suffering again and again for little to no joy? Couldn't come up with an answer. What followed was technically not a NDE, but I became extremely tranquil in that moment. The pain subsided, as did my worldly obligations, and nothing mattered or bothered me anymore. If this is it, I felt truly ready to go.

That event led to an epiphany two months later, which then again brought me here. Ever since that event I just can't get back into the saddle no matter what. Life has lost part of it's luster, irredeemably so. So even when I fall back into doubt, that event made it certain that when it's time to go everything will be fine.