• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SpinTop555

SpinTop555

Nov 16, 2020
Has anyone had a Near Death Experience? I've been reading about some of them, mainly pertaining to suicidal NDE's (for obvious reasons), and the stories are making me hopeless too. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience they'd like to share or what your take on them is?

Last edited:
Reactions: adam&eve
NotOkay_

NotOkay_

The damage is done, so i guess I’ll be leaving
Dec 2, 2020
Has anyone had a Near Death Experience? I've been reading about some of them, mainly pertaining to suicidal NDE's (for obvious reasons), and the stories are making me hopeless too. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience they'd like to share or what your take on them is?
There's loads on the sub r/NDE and r/afterlife and really good ones on youtube

TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
Many NDEs that I read seem so contradictory to each other that I am convinced that they are just a lucid dream

Reactions: newave3 and stygal
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
There is some variety in them. Most are very nice and the people do not want to come back here.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
Not a suicide attempt but I almost died when I was younger and there was nothing. Just black. I went from struggling to basically going to sleep. Then I was rescued and "woke back up".

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Many NDEs that I read seem so contradictory to each other that I am convinced that they are just a lucid dream

Researchers have actually identified a bunch of core elements that most NDEs share, pointing to them not being just random dreams. The "life review" in particular is something that I have never had in any kind of dream, some sort of 3D movie where your whole life replays before your eyes and you are able to feel the emotions of people who were there at the time. People seem to go through this review during NDEs with a high frequency.

'Most NDEs are felt as peaceful and loving, but some are disturbing. Each near-death experience is unique, but as a group NDEs display common features.

• Intense emotions: commonly of profound peace, well-being, love; others marked by fear, horror, loss
  • A perception of seeing one's body from above (called an out-of-body experience, or OBE), sometimes watching medical resuscitation efforts or moving instantaneously to other places
  • Rapid movement through darkness, often toward an indescribable light
  • A sense of being "somewhere else," in a landscape that may seem like a spiritual realm or world
  • Incredibly rapid, sharp thinking and observations
  • Encounter with deceased loved ones, possibly sacred figures (the Judges, Jesus, a saint) or unrecognized beings, with whom communication is mind-to-mind; these figures may seem consoling, loving, or terrifying
  • A life review, reliving actions and feeling their emotional impact on others
  • In some cases, a flood of knowledge about life and the nature of the universe
  • Sometimes a decision to return to the body"

Reactions: sourpink
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
Researchers have actually identified a bunch of core elements that most NDEs share, pointing to them not being just random dreams. The "life review" in particular is something that I have never had in any kind of dream, some sort of 3D movie where your whole life replays before your eyes and you are able to feel the emotions of people who were there at the time. People seem to go through this review during NDEs with a high frequency.

'Most NDEs are felt as peaceful and loving, but some are disturbing. Each near-death experience is unique, but as a group NDEs display common features.

• Intense emotions: commonly of profound peace, well-being, love; others marked by fear, horror, loss
  • A perception of seeing one's body from above (called an out-of-body experience, or OBE), sometimes watching medical resuscitation efforts or moving instantaneously to other places
  • Rapid movement through darkness, often toward an indescribable light
  • A sense of being "somewhere else," in a landscape that may seem like a spiritual realm or world
  • Incredibly rapid, sharp thinking and observations
  • Encounter with deceased loved ones, possibly sacred figures (the Judges, Jesus, a saint) or unrecognized beings, with whom communication is mind-to-mind; these figures may seem consoling, loving, or terrifying
  • A life review, reliving actions and feeling their emotional impact on others
  • In some cases, a flood of knowledge about life and the nature of the universe
  • Sometimes a decision to return to the body"
Yes, I know, they have these details in common, but the description of the event as a whole is almost always different. I mean, the events are random, like a dream. Like all of us who have different dreams, NDEs also differ in many details, even contradicting each other.

For example, in an NDE there was an infinite corridor;
another NDE was taking place in space;
another NDE was taking place in a void and another NDE was said to have found god on a throne sitting next to jesus and etc etc
You see? the description of the places, the sequence of events are completely different and random. After all, which NDE tells the truth?

And almost all of these characteristics mentioned (if not all) can be reproduced with heavy psychedelic drugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: newave3
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
You know your life is pathetic when life doesn't let you review your life experience before pulling the plug on you. Nope had many NDEs, but none of them describe the images or dream like sequences above. Most of it was a light switch that got turned off.

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Yes, I know, they have these details in common, but the description of the event as a whole is almost always different. I mean, the events are random, like a dream. Like all of us who have different dreams, NDEs also differ in many details, even contradicting each other.

For example, in an NDE there was an infinite corridor;
another NDE was taking place in space;
another NDE was taking place in a void and another NDE was said to have found god on a throne sitting next to jesus and etc etc
You see? the description of the places, the sequence of events are completely different and random. After all, which NDE tells the truth?

And almost all of these characteristics mentioned (if not all) can be reproduced with heavy psychedelic drugs.

There are differences but at the same time would we expect people from completely different cultures to have exactly the same experience? I guess if you are a religious fundamentalist and 'know' that your religion is correct, then you would expect this. But if the afterlife is different for different religions/cultures then you would expect NDE features to be different.

The main quality of NDEs described by people is that they are 'more real' than waking reality. This is decidedly not what psychedelic drugs or dreams feel like. Blind people often report that they are able to see clearly - wth is going on there.

The thing that convinces me most about them being more than brain artifacts is the work of the cardiologist Pim van Lommel. Basically there is no way for consciousness to happen in the brain within 20 sec or so after cardiac arrest as the blood flowing to the brain ceases. EEGs universally report no activity at all at this point. Yet somehow people are having these vivid conscious experiences at the same time their brain is flatlined.

TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
There are differences but at the same time would we expect people from completely different cultures to have exactly the same experience? I guess if you are a religious fundamentalist and 'know' that your religion is correct, then you would expect this. But if the afterlife is different for different religions/cultures then you would expect NDE features to be different.

The main quality of NDEs described by people is that they are 'more real' than waking reality. This is decidedly not what psychedelic drugs or dreams feel like. Blind people often report that they are able to see clearly - wth is going on there.

The thing that convinces me most about them being more than brain artifacts is the work of the cardiologist Pim van Lommel. Basically there is no way for consciousness to happen in the brain within 20 sec or so after cardiac arrest as the blood flowing to the brain ceases. EEGs universally report no activity at all at this point. Yet somehow people are having these vivid conscious experiences at the same time their brain is flatlined.

If NDEs were real, then they shouldn't depend on culture, as it would be something outside the brain. Instead, most of the events are random, like dreams that we have, the only difference is that they are lucid (which can very well be reproduced with psychedelic drugs)

"The main quality of NDEs described by people is that they are 'more real' than waking reality. This is decidedly not what psychedelic drugs or dreams feel like. Blind people often report that they are able to see clearly - wth is going on there."

I'm sure you're wrong here. Halluciogenics like DMT can reproduce all the sensations of an NDE, including the feeling "more real than the real".

And no, a person is only considered dead when the brain completely stops working, which is not the case with NDEs.
Quite the contrary, there are studies that say that in clinical deaths the brain is more active than ever, which would explain the feeling of augmented reality.

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
If NDEs were real, then they shouldn't depend on culture, as it would be something outside the brain. Instead, most of the events are random, like dreams that we have, the only difference is that they are lucid (which can very well be reproduced with psychedelic drugs)

I think you're imposing your preconceptions of 'objective' reality onto what possible realities could exist in a non-physical dimension.

"The main quality of NDEs described by people is that they are 'more real' than waking reality. This is decidedly not what psychedelic drugs or dreams feel like. Blind people often report that they are able to see clearly - wth is going on there."

I'm sure you're wrong here. Halluciogenics like DMT can reproduce all the sensations of an NDE, including the feeling "more real than the real".

DMT is one drug that is quite possibly allowing our consciousness to actually shift to another dimension, similar to an NDE.

And no, a person is only considered dead when the brain completely stops working, which is not the case with NDEs.
Quite the contrary, there are studies that say that in clinical deaths the brain is more active than ever, which would explain the feeling of augmented reality.

It actually takes a lot of complex brain activity to allow for human consciousness. This is why people can be considered brain dead when in a coma. There is simply no way that a completely flatlined brain 30 seconds into full cardiac arrest is creating the types of vivid lucid conscious experiences people are having.

When you combine the physiological evidence along with veridical perception of things in the operating theater, meetings with recently deceased relatives who the person wasn't even aware died, and the common features of NDEs going back to the 19th century before NDE was a term, something is going on that I don't think can be explained away by dying neurons.

At the end of the day I have read a ton of books in this area, and there is just way too much evidence that contradicts materialism for me to return to that perspective. If you want to cling to it that's fine by me, but I guarantee you'll be in for a shock when you CTB.

Reactions: sourpink
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
I have done LSD and have had a NDE. It's not the same.

I was dying from heart issues and when I had my NDE, my friend emailed me and said he thinks I visited him in his sleep and that I must have died. I never told him about my NDE before he told me this. He thought I must have passed away. Interestingly, I don't remember visiting him but I did visit my mom who passed away. She was there waiting for me and to welcome me. When I was sent back I was instantly upset and wanted to go back.

After my NDE, my heart started doing better and I'm not dying anytime soon. Somehow, my NDE had helped heal me.

Last edited:
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
the problem is these don't occur when a person is dead. dead as in no brain function, no pulse, no bloodflow e.t.c. once you are dead theres no coming back to life

TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
I think you're imposing your preconceptions of 'objective' reality onto what possible realities could exist in a non-physical dimension.

DMT is one drug that is quite possibly allowing our consciousness to actually shift to another dimension, similar to an NDE.

It actually takes a lot of complex brain activity to allow for human consciousness. This is why people can be considered brain dead when in a coma. There is simply no way that a completely flatlined brain 30 seconds into full cardiac arrest is creating the types of vivid lucid conscious experiences people are having.

When you combine the physiological evidence along with veridical perception of things in the operating theater, meetings with recently deceased relatives who the person wasn't even aware died, and the common features of NDEs going back to the 19th century before NDE was a term, something is going on that I don't think can be explained away by dying neurons.

At the end of the day I have read a ton of books in this area, and there is just way too much evidence that contradicts materialism for me to return to that perspective. If you want to cling to it that's fine by me, but I guarantee you'll be in for a shock when you CTB.
"I think you're imposing your preconceptions of 'objective' reality onto what possible realities could exist in a non-physical dimension."

No, I am just comparing NDE with dreams and when we treat NDE like dreams it makes a lot more sense because the way it behaves.

"DMT is one drug that is quite possibly allowing our consciousness to actually shift to another dimension, similar to an NDE."

Possible, but this is just a theory with no evidence.

"It actually takes a lot of complex brain activity to allow for human consciousness. This is why people can be considered brain dead when in a coma. There is simply no way that a completely flatlined brain 30 seconds into full cardiac arrest is creating the types of vivid lucid conscious experiences people are having."

As the studies says: the brain of the rats had brain activity far above normal states and so its perfectly possible to generate
consciousness.

Do you think there is more evidence that NDEs are astral travel than just lucid dreams?

I think quite the opposite.

Given studies that demonstrate that our brain is more active than ever in clinical deaths, in addition to the fact that NDEs resemble dreams and all of its effects can be easily reproduced with drugs. All of these imply that NDEs are not real, but just a product of the brain.

Just to make it clear at no time did I say that I don't believe in NDEs, but there is much more evidence that they are fake and that's why it's hard for me to convince myself otherwise

"meetings with recently deceased relatives who the person wasn't even aware died, and the common features of NDEs going back to the 19th century before NDE was a term"

this is the only event that I consider extraordinary and without scientific explanation.
However these NDEs are exceptions and people can easily lie about it to try to gain some notoriety.

There are no studies on these statements, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever of the veracity of these stories, except for some witnesses who also we cannot know if they are really speaking the truth.

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Most of the NDEs I've seen sound brainwashing but I gotta admit I'm really curious about them.
Anyway, I was in a comma for 2 days. What did I see and feel? NOTHING.

Reactions: adam&eve
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Most of the NDEs I've seen sound brainwashing but I gotta admit I'm really curious about them.
Anyway, I was in a comma for 2 days. What did I see and feel? NOTHING.

Yeah to me this is the biggest question mark around NDEs. How come some people have them and others are just out like a light. I went under anesthesia once and it was just like no time had passed at all between when I went under and when I woke up.

My personal theory is it has something to do with consciousness separating from the body or not. There is a whole community of people who claim to be able to trigger OBEs somewhat regularly, and they claim their consciousness is able to detach from their body and travel around. A regular feature of NDE experiences is the person's consciousness being ejected from their body and then eventually sort of diving back into their body when they return. My guess is that if this separation process doesn't occur then consciousness just 'sleeps' while the brain activity is flatlined.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife