Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Don't let the beautiful landscapes and birdsong fool you, nature is the most utterly sadistic torture machine on Earth. It is so bad that no words I say can do it justice, and it's really far beyond our imagination just how terrible it is.

Nature is not benevolent and it shouldn't be either praised, nor glorified, nor defended. It is a predatory system in which animals eat each other in the most brutal ways possible. Nature doesn't care about suffering, it doesn't care about anything because it's not an entity. None of it was designed on purpose and it doesn't serve any purpose.

However, people somehow always find ways to justify the unjustifiable and accept the unacceptable. "It's just the way things are, that's just how it is".There is no single reason that compensates for the total carnage that is nature. Nature is competition, nature is survival of the "fittest" (and fuck the weakest).

• Love
Reactions: Talvikki, CrestfallenMima, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 8 others
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Yes, nature is a cruel predatory system. Something always has to be murdered in order for something else to survive.
It is completely indifferent to suffering.

• Love
Reactions: MiMif, CrestfallenMima, Daxter_87 and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it replusive how there is so much endless suffering and senseless cruelty all for no reason, it makes me wish that life would go extinct, there should just be nothingness instead.

And calling nature "beautiful" is just absurd, for someone to think that they must be severely deluded, it's disturbing how animals are trapped in this cycle of unnecessary suffering and lack the awareness to recognise this, so many animals in the wild are just waiting to be eaten alive, it's tragic how there's so much torture experienced all for the sake of it. Existence disgusts me, it's impossible to comprehend how much suffering has been experienced all throughout history.

Reactions: Daxter_87, lna_, Suicidе and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wonder if it would even be possible to have a world reliant on symbiotic relationships. That would be nice. Would we evolve without competition though? Imagine a world without suffering or death. Maybe there would only be one set of births, everything would be perfect and then everything would just live happily ever after. Seems impossible but then- I guess that's because we're so used to accepting this world and its cruelty.

I think the cruelest trick of all was sentience though. Without the ability to realise just how awful it all is- do you suppose we'd be having a better time of it? I don't think sentience is at all helpful in this kind of world. We think too much for our own good. Or- like you say- we dellude ourselves. I guess people that intend to stay though- HAVE to accept it- if you try and fight nature- you'll lose. I guess all that delusion/acceptance is just a coping mechanism for them. Really- we've all pretty much decided we don't want to participate in such an unfair 'game'.

• Love
Reactions: Daxter_87, lna_, Sweet Tart and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I agree with this sentiment up until declaring that such a complex self sustaining, self adjusting/assembling (evolution) system is the result of chaos and happenstance. To me it serves a purpose. It just seems to be a fairly sinister or beyond human comprehension one.

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I agree with this sentiment up until declaring that such a complex self sustaining, self adjusting/assembling (evolution) system is the result of chaos and happenstance. To me it serves a purpose. It just seems to be a fairly sinister or beyond human comprehension one.

Well, it could be argued that it is deliberately designed to cause as much suffering as possible. It is designed in such a clever way that causes us immense amounts of suffering, yet we defend it as if it was holy.

Reactions: whatevs and The anhedonic one