• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
I am pretty sure I have narcissistic parents. They had had a very bad influence on my life and wellbeing. I am looking for someone who has a similar situation and wants to talk about it. I am not sure, but I think it might be better to talk to someone who understands why you got fucked up than to some therapist with no inkling of what it was like for you.

If someone wants to talk. You are welcome.

E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
I have narcissistic parents as well,they have been emotionally abusive my entire life, and as a result I'm now broken beyond repair, they are one of the main reasons why my mental health went downhill and all they could do was give me strong psych drugs for the exact problems they caused in the first place, which in turn made things worse, every day I wonder why I was so unlucky to have the kind of parents that I have, I guess I'm one of the "unlucky" ones

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, my mother is not only a narcissistic but also schizophrenic person. Living with her is hell.
She's constantly thinking of only herself and what's best for her whereas she doesn't give a damn about my father nor me.
We're always being verbally abused by her, I mean, we suffer from verbal violence when we do nothing and sending her to a psych ward is almost impossible in Argentina (if she doesn't want to).

Since I was a child, I always felt alone and I envied the guys who had a "normal mother".
Every time she utters a word, it's embarrassing.

Hopefully, I'll ctb next year and forget her or maybe, my dad and I will be able to put her in a psych ward and might be able to have a happy life.

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
I have narcissistic parents as well,they have been emotionally abusive my entire life, and as a result I'm now broken beyond repair, they are one of the main reasons why my mental health went downhill and all they could do was give me strong psych drugs for the exact problems they caused in the first place, which in turn made things worse, every day I wonder why I was so unlucky to have the kind of parents that I have, I guess I'm one of the "unlucky" ones
A lot of the time I feel beyond repair as well.
Well, my mother is not only a narcissistic but also schizophrenic person. Living with her is hell.
She's constantly thinking of only herself and what's best for her whereas she doesn't give a damn about my father nor me.
We're always being verbally abused by her, I mean, we suffer from verbal violence when we do nothing and sending her to a psych ward is almost impossible in Argentina (if she doesn't want to).

Since I was a child, I always felt alone and I envied the guys who had a "normal mother".
Every time she utters a word, it's embarrassing.

Hopefully, I'll ctb next year and forget her or maybe, my dad and I will be able to put her in a psych ward and might be able to have a happy life.

I am sorry to hear it. I do believe in a happy life after growing up in an abusive environment. I wonder if being happy is even possible after being parented by a narcisist. I wodner if in debth talk with someone could help with that. Maybe checking out is the best way. I doubt years of theraphy are worth it for few substandard years you get at the end.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I tried to protect my ex from her NPD mother and it failed miserably. After several years I realized ex was BPD and in the end she went back to her abusive NPD mom. Life is weird.

• Hugs
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I am sorry to hear it. I do believe in a happy life after growing up in an abusive environment. I wonder if being happy is even possible after being parented by a narcisist. I wodner if in debth talk with someone could help with that. Maybe checking out is the best way. I doubt years of theraphy are worth it for few substandard years you get at the end.

Yes, it is possible to recover and even thrive. Important steps for me were learning about and building boundaries (books), learning about narcissistic abuse and manipulation (books and videos), working on building self-respect (gets rid of manipulation fleas, learn accountability, etc.).l, and releasing patterns and limiting mindsets with Emotional Freedom Technique and Tapas Acupressure Technique.

Narcissistic parents expect you to take on all kinds of burdens and take shit, and it took me years to come out of the shit they put on me and to shake off the burdens of protecting them, pitying them, and having overactive empathy and ethics (forced moral purity). Even though I knew the abuse was irrational and ridiculous when it was happening, I took on much more than I realized and was attached to them much more than I realized. They are entitled and fucking nuts. That will never change.

Now? More and more every day I'm enjoying this:

2p101b

My reasons for suicide have nothing to do with them, and nor do I give any more fucks about all the twisted ways they will react when they find out. I didn't cause their shit, I can't control it, I can't cure it, and I certainly don't deserve it. They had so many opportunities along the way to be accountable and change and they refused and doubled -- no, more like centupled -- down. I'm really almost completely over it. It is...ugh, no words for the moments of realizing how free I am. My attention finally gets to be on me and completely the fuck off of them. They do not merit it. Period. It's amazing how much lighter I feel, how unencumbered. One of the last things I did was out them, and I don't carry that burden of protecting them anymore, and they didn't kill me, we're still no contact, and they didn't change their truly outrageous, ridiculous behavior by being outed, but I have no more ownership of that because I stopped fearing, enabling and accepting it, and I stopped feeling helpless in the face of it. All of the steps I've taken, I've gotten more and more of my stolen and repressed inherent power back. Outing them to people important to them really helped to release some of the final "FOG." It's sad they have narcissism issues and the histories that caused them, but their shit is their shit, it's in their yards, and only they are accountable for it; if they don't take accountability, it feels good to finally be able to say, Meh, their yards are shit. Mine is better all them time, and I'll die exponentially less burdened and disempowered than I would have. It was totally worth all the work and effort.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dahlia and whywere
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
I had those too. I dropped them and never spoke to them ever again.

• Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Like I have mentioned on here before, my "parents" had too much to drink and "made" me. They NEVER wanted me, always called me "mistake" to my face and around other people and when they figured out that I was bi, kicked me out and never spoke to me again, their choice. I have a older brother and younger sister, they will not speak to me either becasue of the bi aspect, their choice again. NOW, when my "parents" died they left my older brother over 2 million U.S. dollars and my sister 500 thousand U. S. dollars and a small hobby farm and I got ZERO. They said in their will to leave me out of everything. So, yes, I know the sting of what is is like, I am 64 years young and it still hurts like hell to this day. I am sending you all the love and happiness and support that I have and please send me a message if you want. Walter :heart::hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Aisley and MindFrog
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm not sure if my parents are traditional narcissists, but they are very controlling and abusive in certain situations, and they constantly back me into a corner. They have absolute authority over me via guardianship and force me to take drugs which destroy my health against my will.

No one deserves for the people that are supposed to love and protect them to instead drive them to a point where they entertain death. I'm so sorry for what you're going through, and I'm here if you ever need to talk.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
There's never a time when you couldn't hear shouting in our house.My head's constantly when they're around. I feel like my parent's narcissism affected me too much growing up. I became too afraid to became like them that I always have to check if I'm overstepping boundaries.

It's gotten to the point where i gave up trying be good and obedient. Now, I just shout back at them. Yes, I look like the bad person from everyone's eyes, seeing how disrespectful I am, but it's not like the neighbors care when the opposite was happening. Life's so unfair.

drwt

drwt

Dec 1, 2020
You're contradicting yourself here. You say you believe in a happy life but that it will be substandard. :pfff:

Anyway, anyone with an NPD / Cluster B parent has a high chance of being ill too, there will be no way around of doing the years of therapy.
There's probably so much damage in your head that you're not even aware of that would ruin any future relationships and make everything a struggle.
But I'm sure you want a loving partner, being able to love yourself, a normal job, a cozy home and all the things that can make you happy one day. Don't give up.

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
You're contradicting yourself here. You say you believe in a happy life but that it will be substandard. :pfff:

Anyway, anyone with an NPD / Cluster B parent has a high chance of being ill too, there will be no way around of doing the years of therapy.
There's probably so much damage in your head that you're not even aware of that would ruin any future relationships and make everything a struggle.
But I'm sure you want a loving partner, being able to love yourself, a normal job, a cozy home and all the things that can make you happy one day. Don't give up.

True. I had noticed a mistake. I wanted to write "I do not believe". Unfortunately, I do not see an option for editing your posts.