• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
There has been discussion of delivering N via IV, mostly by people concerned about the taste or amount of fluid. Others can't get meto or another suitable antiemetic, and there are also those that have stomach issues and can't keep it down.

I've done some research, and this is how I would do it:
I can purchase the materials needed to insert an IV online. I went to a few medical supply sites and they seem to not be restricted. It may vary.

I would probably get a couple 14g catheters, and a couple 500ml saline bags, and a 10ml syringe. All would cost me less than $100 US with shipping. Would be cheaper, but the syringes I found were only in boxes of 100.

Some IV bags have a spot where you can inject medicine without damaging the bag, it is crucial I get that kind.

I read up on how to insert an IV catheter, and included it here if you're curious, for educational reasons only of course.

Once I got the catheter in and the bag hooked up, I'd just let it go, saline only, to make sure I got it right. If the whole bag gets drained with no leaks then I'm good. I would probably unhook the bag and tape the catheter tubing up so it didn't get snagged on anything and get pulled out. If it did, or I had to remove it for some reason, I have an extra.

I would wait 24 hours or so, because I wouldn't want to risk diluting the N too much. Not sure if it would mess anything up, but why risk it? After 24 hours, I'd hook my second catheter up to the IV bag and drain 200ml of saline. Then I'd use my 10ml syringe to fill the bag back up with N. It'll take a while, but patience has rewards. After that, just hook it back up to the catheter still in my arm from yesterday.

There's a plastic clip to close off the line until I'm ready for it to flow. I would make a nice drink, put on some music, and hang the bag as high up as I could. Relax and open the clip when I'm ready, then lights out.

Attachments

• Insert an IV.pdf
    540.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MikeDeross82, patheticpartner, Cherry xoxo and 4 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Very interesting, I mentioned it before. The issue is to insert the catheter well enough...

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and Bedrock48
peacefulhorizons

peacefulhorizons

Wizard
Dec 31, 2019
There are multiple flaws in your plan...the main one is using a 14g IV. Absolutely insane.

Giving IV advice is a slippery slope. If you're going to do it, at least tell people the correct information to not cause undue harm.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Bedrock48 and PeacefulTonic
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
There are multiple flaws in your plan...the main one is using a 14g IV. Absolutely insane.

Giving IV advice is a slippery slope. If you're going to do it, at least tell people the correct information to not cause undue harm.
What was incorrect? A 14g catheter allows for fastest delivery. Choose a size i guess.

Attachments

• Peripheral-IV-Catheters-Chart.pdf
    374.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, miserableforever and Amumu
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
are you working in the medical field? if i had the proper knowledge (not only theoretical but practical) this would also seem to be a dream method for me... much easier than drinking n :-( i had been sometimes in the hospital and getting an IV somehow always felt pleasant to me, i wish i could do that myself or find sb doing it for me but thats almost impossible

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Maybe I could ask a nurse to teach me how to insert a catheter... what do you think?

Maybe I could propose a certain amount of money for teaching me that.

I don't even have N, but nvm.

• Hugs
Reactions: callme and patheticpartner
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
There are videos on YouTube on how to insert an IV.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
There are videos on YouTube on how to insert an IV.

yes of course but I'd be more comfortable if a professional taught me everything about it, right.

• Hugs
Reactions: MikeDeross82 and patheticpartner
peacefulhorizons

peacefulhorizons

Wizard
Dec 31, 2019
What was incorrect? A 14g catheter allows for fastest delivery. Choose a size i guess.

Unknown

Saying that 14g is huge is an understatement. They're usually ultrasound guided because they are very difficult to place. If you can place one on yourself, you will have very special bragging rights. You don't need a 240 ml/min flow rate anyway.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic and Dystopia
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
View attachment 76939

Saying that 14g is huge is an understatement. They're usually ultrasound guided because they are very difficult to place. If you can place one on yourself, you will have very special bragging rights. You don't need a 240 ml/min flow rate anyway.
Thank you for the correction. Any other issues you noticed?

Tamara Tami

Tamara Tami

Student
Sep 15, 2021
View attachment 76939

@peacefulhorizons @Sunset Limited
1 how much ml per minutes does blue catheter delivers on your vein/body? 2 same question for pink one? same question for green?

Tamara Tami

Tamara Tami

Student
Sep 15, 2021
@peacefulhorizons @Sunset Limited
1 how much ml per minutes does blue catheter delivers on your vein/body? 2 same question for pink one? same question for green?
blob5442905.png

according to this chart, gravity flow rate for blue is 35-36ml/min, my doubt is if 35-36ml/min is applicable for drip infusion only or if it can be applied for the 3 syringe system you designed to use with blue one?

Last edited:
Tamara Tami

Tamara Tami

Student
Sep 15, 2021
@Sunset Limited help please, according to this chart, gravity flow rate for blue is 35-36ml/min, my doubt is 1- if 35-36ml/min flowrate is applicable for drip infusion only or if it can be applied for the 3 syringe system you designed to use with blue one? 2-with triple valve connected to blue, you willl get 108ml per min?

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
@Sunset Limited help please, according to this chart, gravity flow rate for blue is 35-36ml/min, my doubt is 1- if 35-36ml/min flowrate is applicable for drip infusion only or if it can be applied for the 3 syringe system you designed to use with blue one? 2-with triple valve connected to blue, you willl get 108ml per min?
Sorry, I don't know about drip infusion. My initial plan was a drip infusion, but when I tried it, the infusion stopped for no apparent reason. The serum was not finished. So I gave up on it and went back to my gravity fed injection system. Best to test and see for flow rate. So, you will have done an exercise on drip infusion and placing the cannula.

Last edited: