hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
Wins
  • I started applying to jobs and got to round two of a part time job nearby. It's not remote like I would've hoped but it's close enough i don't have to drive on any highways which I love.
  • I was able to state my wants and plans in front of my parents without backing down.
  • i posted the first chapter of my webtoon (will not be sharing the link here though)
some downsides though
  • my parents started shit talking me to my face about my job decision and calling me stubborn and saying i'm making a mistake with my choice because i don't want to work a job at my school. Like i get they're saying this because they provide for me well so i don't need the money. So they want me to work a job that will align with my major and give me a chance to get a good job after graduating, however i'm not interested in working at my school. the place sucks and I want to avoid going there as much as possible. the 3 days a week are my limit. I only want to be there for my last three semesters and dip.
  • also my mumsy bought me a calculator and it's was super cute but as she was handing it to me she was like, i always do anything you ask for so you should do anything i ask for, especially since i only ask you to do things for your sake. Which is just wrong on so many levels cause she's the master of saying no to me and has said no more times than i've heard yes. and also it's not the same thing. buying a calculator should not equal her telling me what job i have to get. this blows. this is why i never ask for anything.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mikgazer6, LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
Good for you!! Focus on those wins! Prepare yourself -- you will have good days and bad but if you look hard enough you can always find something good. Even if all it is is the day is over and you get to sit down and get some rest. ❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: hoppybunny and Praestat_Mori
hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
Good for you!! Focus on those wins! Prepare yourself -- you will have good days and bad but if you look hard enough you can always find something good. Even if all it is is the day is over and you get to sit down and get some rest. ❤️❤️
Thank you

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

student
Jul 1, 2024
Im in a similar situation and found this very motivating. Thank you for sharing. good luck

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hoppybunny and CatLvr