Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
First and foremost, survival instinct isn't something that only occurs when you're in great distress (attempting to CTB, being put in a fight or flight situation, etc.), it's rather something that you experience every second of your conscious life. Your "free will" or mind serves this survival instinct every time you commit to eating food, drinking water, showering, dating, working, etc.

What's it goal? Well it's in the name; it wants you to survive and to breed.

How does the survival instinct control the mind? Whenever you lessen your survival, the mind presents negative emotions, vice versa when you strengthen your survival. The mind will then, through the survival instinct, presents ways for you to strengthen your survival. Of course "free will" can alway butt in a disobey the survival instinct but that would only strengthen negative emotions.

This can also play into suffering. We view negative emotions as something that we should suppressed. Attempting to suppress negative emotions only amplify them because that is disobeying the survival instinct, and as we saw above, disobeying the survival instinct cause cognitive dissonance and suffering. Rather, you should attempt to accept negative emotions as they're inevitable. Once you fully understand and accept negative emotions, you start obeying the survival instinct and cognitive dissonance doesn't occur. Understand that you're a machine.

I know this probably has a lot of logical inconsistencies but this is only a rough draft of my thoughts on the matter. I plan on returning with more information and to fix the inconsistencies.

Reactions: Lost Magic, Life is pointless, Snatsbats and 6 others