GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Has anyone tried this? I have never touched psychedelics and apparently it is legal where I live to be prescribed microdoses under medical supervision. Never heard of this before.

I'm generally very averse to messing with my brain's perception.

Reactions: astr4, kinderbueno, Voyage and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think that psychedelic drugs can be useful to treat MH issues. If your doctor suggests it and you can try this in a legal and medical environment I would give it a try!

Reactions: landslide2 and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
Hell yeah this definitely won't be MK Ultra 2.0

Reactions: dirtscooter
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Did your doc mention what kind of psychedelic drugs you will receive?

GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
Did your doc mention what kind of psychedelic drugs you will receive?
No, it was not a doctor but a psychologist. He said that he can refer me to a psychiatrist that handles these things.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
notprettyenough

notprettyenough

♡too sensitive for this world♡
Oct 19, 2023
where are you situated that allows this? Im in Canada, and we have slightly more relax laws around certain drugs, but im not sure if psychedelics are prescribed. I am interested in taking them so if you do, let me know how it goes, and tell me which drug and the amount you took.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
where are you situated that allows this? Im in Canada, and we have slightly more relax laws around certain drugs, but im not sure if psychedelics are prescribed. I am interested in taking them so if you do, let me know how it goes, and tell me which drug and the amount you took.
Hey, I don't want to give away my location but I'm from Europe. If I do go along with it, I will be sure to let you know :)

• Love
Reactions: notprettyenough
notprettyenough

notprettyenough

♡too sensitive for this world♡
Oct 19, 2023
Hey, I don't want to give away my location but I'm from Europe. If I do go along with it, I will be sure to let you know :)
No worries and thank you, Europe is more than enough info, I was just curious what countries/areas allow this treatment, and it makes sense haha. I hope north America relaxes the laws around these things too

Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
No worries and thank you, Europe is more than enough info, I was just curious what countries/areas allow this treatment, and it makes sense haha. I hope north America relaxes the laws around these things too
Oregon State in the US recently legalized and started licensing Psilocybin treatment service providers. It's an interesting experiment if nothing else, and I haven't personally tried medically supervised psychedelics yet.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
  • Hugs
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and GuessWhosBack
S

strngpass

Aug 10, 2024
You should be careful with psychedelics if you have underlying mental distress because it can spiral down fast. Microdosing maybe safe but full dosages are risky thing

• Informative
Reactions: astr4, ForgottenAgain and GuessWhosBack
EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
It doesn't hurt to try, I have BPD and have had a great experience with psychedelics outside of a medical setting.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
You should be careful with psychedelics if you have underlying mental distress because it can spiral down fast. Microdosing maybe safe but full dosages are risky thing
even with what im pretty sure would be considered a microdose (i didnt even/barely hallucinated. actually, my last "hit" did sh!t f all) and i still "spiraled". i was "showed" that i was right, living is bs and im better off kms. i found it "showed me what i already knew" (still agreeing with it too)

• Informative
Reactions: death2022 and GuessWhosBack
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Could you explain "mental distress" a bit more? Are you referring to someone with mental illness?

My psychologist also recommended treatment with psychedelics, Ketamine specifically. I've never done a treatment like that.

S

strngpass

Aug 10, 2024
Could you explain "mental distress" a bit more? Are you referring to someone with mental illness?

My psychologist also recommended treatment with psychedelics, Ketamine specifically. I've never done a treatment like that.
Mental distress is stress, anxiety and alike. Mental illness or being prone to developing mental illness (like if you have prrvious case in your family) it's a risky thing as they can trigger full blown illness years before it would naturally occur. These are very potent substances

• Informative
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and GuessWhosBack
landslide2

landslide2

Experienced
May 6, 2024
Psychedelics can be very helpful. If your therapist can help connect you to someone I would personally jump at the chance. A professional will do guided treatments/prescriptions.

Voyage

Voyage

Songe à la douceur
Aug 11, 2024
The literature on psychedelic therapy is very indefinitive.

Some say psychedelics seem to increase neroplasticity (making you more open to change) and the therapy is usually complemented with cbt, mindfulness, etc.

It's curious that your clinician suggested this. Your choice will have to entirely depend on personal preference.

T

Trying To Live

Aug 18, 2024
I don't microdose but I have some magic truffels (Psilocybin) in my fridge right now.

I'm not a doctor but indeed maybe it can help you.

I think microdosing would not give you a bad trip. So no worries.

Attachments

• IMG_4798.jpeg
    IMG_4798.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024

I would definitely try a psychedelic treatment or microdose, or ketamine... Both seem much less harmful long-term than antidepressants as well as more effective. I'd consider myself lucky to try either of these.
Hey friend, did you want to say something? 😊
Lol I think they were just agreeing with the previous reply. That trend irks me😁

Last edited:
  • Yay!
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Has anyone tried this? I have never touched psychedelics and apparently it is legal where I live to be prescribed microdoses under medical supervision. Never heard of this before.

I would ask your doctor about the potential affects before trying them

Freedomatlast24

Freedomatlast24

May 12, 2024

All I can say is you're so lucky to live in a country that encourages this as a treatment option for MH, seriously!

GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
All I can say is you're so lucky to live in a country that encourages this as a treatment option for MH, seriously!
It's actually not legal for general prescription here. My therapist is a bit of a goof but has connections with people licensed to administer this stuff.
I may have given the wrong impression here.