I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
Does this mean they're bad by default? I know nothing about the quality of these schools. They seem to have no idea what's wrong with me, first they though ADD, they then asked me some questions, decided it wasn't that, thought I had BPD, asked a ton of questions (like 250+, I forget the name of the thing), and now I can't get a clear answer as to what they think is going on. They always emphasise how complicated it is, IDK. And they can't do simple things like help me figure out how to deal with overwhelming emotions.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Iamchickenhat and Sherri
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
Not necessarily. Still acquire the same knowledge.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
How did you find this out? If you know the school maybe check the reputation and accreditation. I graduated from an online school. It's accredited and I'm still eligible all for the same credentials any other graduate in my field could get. There's one school in my state that has a lot of online programs and it's actually pretty tough. It depends, you'd have to know the school.

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
How did you find this out? If you know the school maybe check the reputation and accreditation. I graduated from an online school. It's accredited and I'm still eligible all for the same credentials any other graduate in my field could get. There's one school in my state that has a lot of online programs and it's actually pretty tough. It depends, you'd have to know the school.
It's listed online on their profile or whatever. This is the school.
Also I think I'm just difficult in general, my last therapist was a professor at a local college (California State Polytechnic University), and they felt like we weren't making progress and they wanted me to try something else (DBT), which this guy is supposedly trained in... IDK if this is even relevant, just extra info I guess.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
DBT was one of the only useful things I ever did in therapy.

From my quick search, it looks like Walden does not have a good reputation.

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
DBT was one of the only useful things I ever did in therapy.

From my quick search, it looks like Walden does not have a good reputation.
Yeah, it seems to work well.
As for the poor reputation, I should probably fond someone else then, its just hard. I got as far as having a consultation scheduled with two people, and they just disappeared.
Okay, I emailed like 7 therapists, maybe one will get back to me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Foresight
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Wouldn't be surprised. Just for yout information in case you don't know, therapists are not doctors, they are just a fancy name for psycologists, sorry for my misspell. When u used to see mine I never called her Dr but Miss. But Most, socially in my country think they are doctors, reality check, they can't prescribe medicine for us. Just lend us their esrs.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Just lend us their esrs.
More like their rears, if you ask me. Unfortunately, this also applies to psychiatrists, since those things often discard the well-being of their patients.