weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Is the suicide rate really rising? A quick google at a glance it doesn't appear that way to me. I'd be interested to see numbers for this claim otherwise this discussion is kind of based on a falsity.

Reactions: lv-gras, atwasoa and Tiburcio
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
I think lots of things are increasing people's desire to check out. Overpopulation, ever expanding laws and convictions, ease of access to info, being trapped inside a city, lack of greenspaces, poverty, mental illness is ever increasing, no pensions for retirement, taxes on property that equals rent. 25% tax on people below the poverty line, 10% tax on food, health care with a $7000 deductible 100,000 limit at $600 per month, doctors won't prescribe pain meds., Medication is too expensive to buy, All jobs are owned by large corporate entities that use the same background/credit/reference/insurance, score company and can effectively blacklist you. Relationships are like a disposable lighter, no personal connection to anybody, family's are transiet and live great distances away, people are waxing colder and colder, no religious beliefs, no moral code.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, betteroffdead, Dani Paradox and 3 others
Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018
Is the suicide rate really rising? A quick google at a glance it doesn't appear that way to me. I'd be interested to see numbers for this claim otherwise this discussion is kind of based on a falsity.

https://www.befrienders.org/suicide-statistics

The World Health Organization states that the global suicide rate has gone up roughly 60% in the last 45 years. They also state that youth (millennial) suicide is the fastest growing rate, which I believe is tied to the ideas I expressed in my theory.

In addition, a quick Google search will show that depression rates are massively increasing.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Smilla and Tiburcio
FairyAlys

FairyAlys

Aug 7, 2018
Mental health and care resources are being cut at an alarming rate. Those who make the most noise get the most of these limited resources and in my experience ( I work in the field), very few of these people actually need it. It's the quiet, isolated people who give up, people who mostly you wouldn't know had such deep problems. I hear it time and time again from organisations.., " oh he's not ill enough; we can only help the really serious issues "
X is clever and manipulative and makes a huge fuss, writing to heads of service ,senior managers , threatening all sorts.
Y is gentle and takes his reduced financial and emotional support without complaint. No one really notices he becomes more withdrawn and sadder as there's no time to notice.
X gets increased financial and emotional support and actually laughs how he defrauds the system.
Y killed himself .

Apart from my personal reasons , I hate living in this greedy world. A world where nature is destroyed, bullies and liars succeed and prosper. I'd rather leave.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, not-2-b-the-answer, Smilla and 3 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
https://www.befrienders.org/suicide-statistics

The World Health Organization states that the global suicide rate has gone up roughly 60% in the last 45 years. They also state that youth (millennial) suicide is the fastest growing rate, which I believe is tied to the ideas I expressed in my theory.

In addition, a quick Google search will show that depression rates are massively increasing.
Awesome thanks! Sorry for questioning it then I just prefer to see numbers by big claims like this one. I wasn't really aware but I also wasn't aware there were actually statistics for global suicide.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Tiburcio and Kev
Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018
Awesome thanks! Sorry for questioning it then I just prefer to see numbers by big claims like this one. I wasn't really aware but I also wasn't aware there were actually statistics for global suicide.

Don't be sorry for questioning the validity of claims! Do that more often, because waaayyyy too many people in this world do not question the things that they are told or see on the internet. I strongly believe in skepticism and placing beliefs based on evidence.

Reactions: Tiburcio
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Don't be sorry for questioning the validity of claims! Do that more often, because waaayyyy too many people in this world do not question the things that they are told or see on the internet. I strongly believe in skepticism and placing beliefs based on evidence.
I question claims a lot and it's caused a hell of a lot of fights lol... not to derail the thread for a moment but I knew one guy that believes in astral projection fuelled by hallucinogens and even my mother has a lot of... pretty far out beliefs. I'm never super disrespectful but you know I just can't accept certain things so I'll choose to to engage in conversation about them. Hell my mum thinks that saying nice things to rotting things can stop them from rotting as fast and lately she thinks she's partially psychic or something. Kind of a massive tangent but people and stuff like that really scares me.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, lv-gras and Tiburcio
Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018
I question claims a lot and it's caused a hell of a lot of fights lol... not to derail the thread for a moment but I knew one guy that believes in astral projection fuelled by hallucinogens and even my mother has a lot of... pretty far out beliefs. I'm never super disrespectful but you know I just can't accept certain things so I'll choose to to engage in conversation about them. Hell my mum thinks that saying nice things to rotting things can stop them from rotting as fast and lately she thinks she's partially psychic or something. Kind of a massive tangent but people and stuff like that really scares me.

Just another problem with this world: way too many deranged, ignorant, and stupid people in this world. Not to sound pretentious or anything, but I find the average human being to be incredibly stupid. They oftentimes lack the ability to be aware of the consequences of their actions, question their surroundings and beliefs, to be aware of the relativity of the world, etc. They think and make decisions with emotions more than logic, overestimate their own competence, are stubborn in their beliefs and choose to remain ignorant in the face of overwhelming evidence. The worst part about stupid people is not that they are slower at processing information or make less connections between concepts or are worse at retaining information. The worst part about stupid people is that they lack awareness; of themselves, of other people, of the world, even of the universe. And there are so many of them.

But hey, I bet stupid people are happier. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, MiserableBastard1995, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 7 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Just another problem with this world: way too many deranged, ignorant, and stupid people in this world. Not to sound pretentious or anything, but I find the average human being to be incredibly stupid. They oftentimes lack the ability to be aware of the consequences of their actions, question their surroundings and beliefs, to be aware of the relativity of the world, etc. They think and make decisions with emotions more than logic, overestimate their own competence, are stubborn in their beliefs and choose to remain ignorant in the face of overwhelming evidence. The worst part about stupid people is not that they are slower at processing information or make less connections between concepts or are worse at retaining information. The worst part about stupid people is that they lack awareness; of themselves, of other people, of the world, even of the universe. And there are so many of them.

I totally agree...

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, lv-gras and Tiburcio
wezel

wezel

Experienced
Aug 14, 2018
Social media and virtual reality are replacing more and more real life, which is not a healthy way to exist.
Sitting in front of a computer or diddling with a Smartphone is no substitute for meeting a person IRL, not by a long shot.
It can make one feel even more isolated...Fakebook is such an example of modern day 'happiness'.
The only times I feel some kind of normality is when I meet actual people, and that doesn't happen
often enough any more, resilience levels are down, now I am here.

Reactions: Tiburcio, FairyAlys, Justanotherconsumer and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
It is increasingly difficult to be able to live in this world. Minimum wage is outrageous. Everywhere only hires part time so that they don't have to give benefits, and in order to be hired they expect you to have an open schedule to work whenever they need you.......for only 15-20 hours a week at minimum wage. Housing costs are ridiculous. Just to survive and put food on the table you have to find a way to balance three different jobs somehow. Cars are expensive, so unless you make enough to have one, then you have to take bus in between jobs and hope that they all aren't too far away from one another. Maybe if you're lucky you'll still have time to sleep a few hours at the end of the day. Individualism is dead and conformity is worse than ever. People are unable to express who they are, and they are unable to live. They AREN'T living. They are existing. They are mental slaves who are alive only to exist. This is not life.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, MiserableBastard1995, ScaredOfLife and 6 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018

While reading your post i was already thinking of reply'ing that stupid people are generally happier and have far less worries. But when i kept reading you already came to the same conclusion. But anyway i totally agree that being "stupid" also equals less worries and a happier life more often than not.

Nice F10/11 btw.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Kev and weedoge
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
While reading your post i was already thinking of reply'ing that stupid people are generally happier and have far less worries. But when i kept reading you already came to the same conclusion. But anyway i totally agree that being "stupid" also equals less worries and a happier life more often than not.

Nice F10/11 btw.

then, i must be a very happy person, lol

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Tiburcio
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
Note the 'generally' 'more often than not'. Why do you consider yourself stupid though?

just teasing because the low iq and other things are on the records.

Reactions: Tiburcio
Paulsmith

Paulsmith

Student
Aug 8, 2018
You probably say that austerity measures in the UK have pushed our suicide rate up

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
Paulsmith

Paulsmith

Student
Aug 8, 2018
That's another reason

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018

Nice F10/11 btw.

YEAH!! Thank you! It's an F10 550i xDrive. My car is one of the few things that makes me happy and probably a big reason I haven't CTB yet lol. Are you a big car guy?

Reactions: Dani Paradox and lv-gras
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
YEAH!! Thank you! It's an F10 550i xDrive. My car is one of the few things that makes me happy and probably a big reason I haven't CTB yet lol. Are you a big car guy?

That's an awesome ride.

I drive a little VW GTI and it's one of my few pleasures. It's not a BMW but it's fast and fun.

Actually I don't even enjoy driving anymore.

Last year I got to ride in an M3. That was intense.

Reactions: lv-gras and Kev
Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018
That's an awesome ride.

I drive a little VW GTI and it's one of my few pleasures. It's not a BMW but it's fast and fun.

Actually I don't even enjoy driving anymore.

Last year I got to ride in an M3. That was intense.

Yeah I love it. It's such a sleeper car too, nobody expects "just another BMW" sedan to be this twin turbo V8 rocket ship. Flooring the throttle has worked better than any antidepressant I've tried thus far.

Dude, the GTI is awesome! It's like the car to get if you're a car enthusiast. Fast, fun to drive, sharp looking, yet comfortable, practical, with a pretty nice interior. It's the perfect car for the price and I've always wanted to drive one. That makes me really sad to hear that depression has stripped you of your joy of driving. Maybe you could find a nice curvy backroad in your area and have at it.

And yeah the M3 is considered legendary for a reason. I've never been in an M car but I really want to. I was thinking of going to my BMW dealership and acting like I was interested in upgrading to a new M5 and hoping they'd lend me the car for the day. The new one is just stupid fast.

Reactions: lv-gras
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

I'm stupid so why am I not super blissful ? :(

Reactions: atwasoa, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and lv-gras
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I think that while valid, your school of thought is but a piece of a bigger puzzle. American politics aside, the point you are trying to make is that upward economic mobility has decreased drastically over the last few decades. While that is true in America, and I'm sure is part of the disappointment in life that many Americans face, the suicide rate has not just gone up in America, it has gone up everywhere. Even in countries like Norway or Sweden, the world leaders in education, welfare, healthcare, etc. It is not an American issue, it is a human issue. The real answer lies far, FAR beyond the scope of "the rise of Reaganism in America in the 80s".

And this is coming from an American.[/QUOTE
You're absolutely right. I live in Norway, and it's the same here. The old working- class is now higher middle- class. I don't know what happened, but my parent generation, born 1940-50, are now retired (good pension), and quite wealthy and happy. My generation pays for that now. It's extremely expensive in Norway and the gap between rich and poor is getting huge. Young people here are under tremendous pressure. We call them generation perfect. They are nevertheless very depressed...

Reactions: Kev and lv-gras
FairyAlys

FairyAlys

Aug 7, 2018
A report released today by the Samaritans (UK) started that the overall suicide rate is down. However the rate for teenagers had increased by 67% since 2010.
They conclude the main reason to be the savage cuts to mental health funding, particularly for young people.

Who would have guessed eh?
( Sarcasm/irony/ No sh** Sherlock)

Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018

Very nice car and engine. Yes i am .. cars are also at least half of the reason i'm still arround on this mortal coil.

Reactions: lv-gras
J

J.D.

Sep 6, 2018
Suicide is happening more and more because people are brainwashed into thinking that the legal system is real when it isn't, it's fictional and just a religion.
The whole legal system is completely null and void.
The real law is actually natural law, which is about morals and ethics, empathy and compassion and loving one another.
https://kateofgaia.wordpress.com/kates-writings/
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...AUICygC&biw=1304&bih=671#imgrc=4W8D0XYJrK45GM:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...AUICygC&biw=1304&bih=671#imgrc=TNfoV4cU19D1RM:

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Tiburcio
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Suicide is happening more and more because people are brainwashed into thinking that the legal system is real when it isn't, it's fictional and just a religion.
The real law is actually natural law, which is about morals and ethics, empathy and compassion and loving one another.
https://kateofgaia.wordpress.com/kates-writings/
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...AUICygC&biw=1304&bih=671#imgrc=4W8D0XYJrK45GM:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...AUICygC&biw=1304&bih=671#imgrc=TNfoV4cU19D1RM:
Yo what the heck is this

Reactions: Dog Food, Smilla, lv-gras and 2 others