• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
I wanna share my strategy with how I get through my job which I'm not a huge fan of, the biggest thing for me is that the job is temporary in nature, a summer job. It's very labor-intensive, but I am currently only working the weekends. Not sure if that will change or not, but that's how it is as of now.

The first thing is to get through each day, I think too far ahead VERY often and tend to stress myself out so lately, I've been trying to get through it one day, and sometimes one hour at a time. Like I'll check the clock and see that I made it 3 hours into my 12 hour shift and I can think to myself in a couple of ways. One, I am 1/4th of the way done for the day, and two, I just made $36 (I get paid $12/hour).

The second thing is remembering that this is just temporary and I will be going back to college once it begins, and I plan on leaving this job around August 1st (my college starts back in late-August but I want to enjoy it a bit, and my mom's birthday is in August so I want to be able to plan some celebration for her. Also wanna tour my future university for a second time, and fill out financial aid stuff, etc. A lot happens for me in August and I think it'd be easier without a job.), I even have a resignation letter which I will hand in around 2 weeks beforehand. Anyways, I use that to fuel myself. As a member on here, LaVieEnRose, said on one of my posts, I can look forward to an office job in my future lol. I think of it in weekends. I only have 7 more weekends before August 1st, I can do anything for just 7 more weekends. After this weekend, it'll be 6 more weekends, it'll dwindle down, and I can be happy about that.

Also, this is external, not really a tactic, but I got into a final stage of an extracurricular program, and in said program, I'll get to fly somewhere and stay there for a week all-expenses paid. That is one week that I won't have to work. I even took extra time-off for a day before and after the trip so I can have a little relaxation time before an after in case I'm anxious/exhausted. The day before allows me to pack and make sure I'm ready, the day after allows for rest after my first ever plane flight. So I can even realistically think of it s 6 more weeks if I really desire to.

• Love
Reactions: pilotviolin, Praestat_Mori, LaVieEnRose and 4 others