Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Title: Running Away:

After double checking that I have my card and phone, I make a race down the block. I have 5 blocks total to cover in this freezing weather. I'm not even halfway down and I already start feeling the cold on my body. With no coat, scarf, hat, or mittens, I feel like an ice block. I could turn back now and go into my comfy bed. Yet, what does that matter if my home environment is unhealthy? The comfiness will be met with trauma and abuse, so it's not even worth it. I decide to push on.

With enough effort I manage to get towards the end of the street. I am met with a red light, so I am forced to wait. As I sigh heavily, I notice the ground beneath me. It is covered in white fluffy snow. I look up and see the snow falling. It is both painful, yet beautiful. Painful because I could literally die of hypothermia, but beautiful in that snow casts an amazing color on the ground. As I continue to marvel at the snow while shivering, a feel a tap on my shoulder from behind. Frightened, I turn around. It's…my neighbor. I can't be dealing with this. I was hoping I wouldn't have to bump into anyone I knew, anyone at all. And now her?! "Ah…" I am at a loss for words. What the hell do I do?! Confused she responds "Mary, what are you doing out here in this freezing weather? And especially with no coat or hat on? Is everything alright? Did you get into a fight with your dad and brother again?". I am overwhelmed with emotion. I clenched my numb fists tightly "Leave…" No, I can't curse her out. But wait…of course I can. I am going to die so nothing matters. I'll just curse at her in such a way she won't even want to follow me. "Look…just leave me…the fuck alone!" I say without staring at her face. She seemed at a loss for words. Turning back around I see that the light has changed. And with that I take off once again.

• Hugs
Reactions: ansiedad, Pen>Sword, hoffnungstod and 3 others
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Just want to clarify. This is a story. It is a work of fiction and is not real. I have chosen to express my thoughts in the form of a story to get my feelings off my chest :)

• Love
Reactions: Conflict3d, ansiedad, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
hoffnungstod

hoffnungstod

Student
Jan 3, 2021
I'm kind of excited, when I see there's a new chapter coming up.

Reactions: NodusTollens