P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I personally think most of the failures in suicide attempts happen because of two reasons.
The first one is that the person who is CTBing doesn't have enough knowledge of the method.There are so many things that could go wrong.I personally thought that I had gathered enough information and my method (Nitrogen gas with exit bag) looked perfect but still things went wrong and it could have been catastrophic.I think not only should you have the knowledge of everything there is to know about the method but you should possibly do a trial test before the actual date to check all the equipment involved.
The second one is anxiety.Most people who are desperate enough go ahead with CTBing even when they aren't completely ready mentally.Now if your method means you would get unconscious in less than two or three minutes then this might not be big problem.However if you would remain conscious for more than that it might result in you getting a panic attack and calling for help.While getting help isn't bad thing but one should keep in mind that there are possibilities of permanent damage to your organs and also an increased watch from the people around you which would make any future attempts more difficult.
I know in desperation one might make such a decision and I know survival Instincts are extremely hard to overcome but such a decision would be bad for you most of the times.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and ClownWorld2023