• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Astral_void

Astral_void

Stay calm, it's all for vain in the end.
Oct 11, 2023
My parents are people with no sense of privacy at all so they looked through my phone and now they found out that I have ss downloaded on my phone and An account that I post on (the same one that im using right now) and they are pissed and knowing them they will make a big fucking deal about it and get me in a psych ward (again) and tell all of my family about it, what do I do?

Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
I don't mean to sound reprimanding, but I do so much stuff to stay as anonymous as possible. I never use my mobile phone when Iam online at SS and also use Tor, VPN, and and and... How can anyone be so careless? It is beyond me, you are not the only one though...
Many users I chat with are even so trustful, they send me their mobile phone numbers after the second private message, its insane!

Sorry again, but you should really think about different ways to use SS in my opinion. If you really have to use your mobile phone for it, make sure nobody will be able to use your phone at least...

It happened now, maybe you can tell them, that you were closing your account, trying to say goodbye to other users, because you decided to recover or something like that.

Reactions: Salmon can't swim
MoonDancer

MoonDancer

To the blessed darkness to which we return šŸ»
Nov 14, 2023
I'm not sure about your family dynamics, so I don't know how much help I can be there (unless you would feel comfortable sharing more details) but as far as your account and downloads, perhaps try using an app that mimics another (I have one that looks and acts like a calculator until you put the pin in it) which can hide apps, photos, files, etc.

I'm sure there is also a way to change the app icon (it's relatively easy on a desktop computer, although I'm not sure on the specifics for mobile devices).

From what I read in the terms and conditions and rules (someone correct me if I'm wrong), you are allowed to use a VPN or proxy server after creating your account. So, you could always use TOR to prevent your parents from viewing history, ect, combined with the above point to keep them from finding the TOR app.

Even better, if you have a computer and a hard drive, you can try the TAILS operating system. It's basically a portable operating system and is heavily focused on anonymity.

The only thing is that if they know your username, they can still look you up and find you active, and since you're only allowed one account, I'm not sure how to work around that.

Astral_void

Astral_void

Oct 11, 2023
I'm not sure about your family dynamics, so I don't know how much help I can be there (unless you would feel comfortable sharing more details) but as far as your account and downloads, perhaps try using an app that mimics another (I have one that looks and acts like a calculator until you put the pin in it) which can hide apps, photos, files, etc.

I'm sure there is also a way to change the app icon (it's relatively easy on a desktop computer, although I'm not sure on the specifics for mobile devices).

From what I read in the terms and conditions and rules (someone correct me if I'm wrong), you are allowed to use a VPN or proxy server after creating your account. So, you could always use TOR to prevent your parents from viewing history, ect, combined with the above point to keep them from finding the TOR app.

Even better, if you have a computer and a hard drive, you can try the TAILS operating system. It's basically a portable operating system and is heavily focused on anonymity.

The only thing is that if they know your username, they can still look you up and find you active, and since you're only allowed one account, I'm not sure how to work around that.
Alright thanks I'll hide it from now on but they do know my account and everything so they'll still be able to see that I'm active which sucks ass

ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
Alright thanks I'll hide it from now on but they do know my account and everything so they'll still be able to see that I'm active which sucks ass
Go into the privacy settings of your account and disable everything you can, though you can still leave direct messages open to members if you want.
That way they cannot see when you last used SS, and they will still need to make an account and rack up posts to view your post history which is pretty unlikely.

Reactions: MoonDancer and deathxo
Astral_void

Astral_void

Oct 11, 2023
Go into the privacy settings of your account and disable everything you can, though you can still leave direct messages open to members if you want.
That way they cannot see when you last used SS, and they will still need to make an account and rack up posts to view your post history which is pretty unlikely.
Thanks so much

Reactions: MoonDancer and ABSOLUTION