G

Georgii

Arcanist
Sep 25, 2019
I was taken back today into a memory of mine , a memory of a friend I used to hang around in my teen years .
After I dropped out of high school we lost touch, like many each went their own way .
A couple years later I find out (thru social media ) that she committed suicide .I was taken by surprise , the "I didn't expected this from her " .Along with another old friend we began talking , she is clearly more affected than me , they were indeed closer and still kept in touch .I kept on thinking about her family and friends , how heart broken they were .It was only later I realised how hypocrite I was , for almost 2 years, besides simple hellos when we came across each other we havent even talked .I wasn't part of her life anymore , and here I was judging her , mourning over her.
Thinking now , I can't say what happened ,because it's not my business, she chose to end her life and in the end I understood and respect her for coming to peace with her choice .
Do you have moments when hearing of someone who CTB ,may it be a close or distant friend or even a stranger, you react like this ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and _Minsk
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I wouldn't call that hypocritical, @Georgii; unexpected deaths are painful for the people who remain, and suicides have the extra burden of feelings of guilt and remorse, even if there's no rational reason for them. You can respect her decision and still be sorry for the suffering people close to her experienced.