• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mircea

Mircea

Apr 15, 2019
Ceasing to breathe has always felt closest to the most natural way one can go, at least in terms of how the body reacts and prepares for it. It's definitely hard to stop breathing on purpose, but not so hard that it can't be achieved with full determination. As people who were saved from drowning would likely confirm, running out of air is painful but still far from the most unbearable thing you could experience. Something I've concluded myself as I started practicing a little every day hoping to improve and seeing how to best convince my body to ignore the urge to breathe: It's not perfect or pleasant, but it's bearable... which is why if it comes down to it I find it most likely to take this route.

I'm sure many heard of the so called blackout challenge, or space monkey and other names it goes by: A fashion among teens that prompted platforms like TikTok to go in full censorship mode after hundreds of kids died from playing the game. It starts with hyperventilating for a minute then standing up quickly and holding your breath... in the classic version a third party pins you and presses on your chest, but there are ways to knock yourself out on your own; Many are able to achieve an euphoric blackout lasting several seconds, at the end of which the lucky ones start breathing normally again. I haven't pushed myself there and don't know to what extent their technique works, but it was interesting to learn you can black out on purpose so easily.

The issue of course, if you want this to be your ticket out, is you'll start breathing again once unconscious. For that you'd need to cover your face, I'm not attempting anything as gruesome as strangulation so that's off the list. The approach would be something among the following lines: Hyperventilate to get enough oxygen in the body which can last you a whole minute on empty lungs... during this time wrap something tightly around your face, plastic bags or aluminum foil or even bed sheets especially if you want to make it look like an accident... after that lay down hold your hands together and push through the urge to breathe until you pass out. Even as the body will try to breathe again, it won't be able to get any meaningful amount of air.

So far I got +10 seconds past the point where you're uncontrollably trying to breathe and will act as if choking... a few times it felt like I almost got past the worst of it, that if I did it just a few seconds longer the urge to breathe would have went away. You fell the lungs tingle and slightly burn, followed by a rather pleasant sensation throughout all limbs and muscles as if they're relaxing and the muscles shutting down... even before that point vision goes a little noisy and darkens slightly. What I found helps is to be relaxed, keep the muscles slightly tense but not too tense, also don't think of it as suffocating or allow any panic trigger but imagine it as a funny feeling like there's nothing wrong. It's definitely not pleasant but at the same time I find it bearable, especially when you know that no matter what it will last less than a minute and that's it.

None the less I'd like to know how it can be improved: What is the best way to trick the body into tolerating the feeling of suffocating even better? I know hyperventilating first helps, but for the most part it only gives you more time before you need to breathe again: Are there any aerosols that can be inhaled to convince the body it has more air than it actually does for instance? I'd only need to make reaching the point of blackout easy, once I'm past it the covers should do the rest, hopefully it's a matter of seconds till I'd pop out of my body then I got some explaining to do.

Reactions: Forveleth
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Suffocating yourself this way seems like it would set off the hypercapnic alarm response which would wake you back up. I don't think there's a way to make this peaceful without a really strong sedative. Inert gases are far more peaceful & even shallow water blackout would probably involve less panic

Reactions: Mircea
Mircea

Mircea

Apr 15, 2019
Suffocating yourself this way seems like it would set off the hypercapnic alarm response which would wake you back up. I don't think there's a way to make this peaceful without a really strong sedative. Inert gases are far more peaceful & even shallow water blackout would probably involve less panic
One thing I couldn't find an answer to is what happens once you get past the immediate need to breathe: From what I know it only lasts under a minute, if you can get through all that the body accepts it and the feeling goes away, whether right before or after blacking out.

If there was a reliable way to knock one's self out like the blackout game, it would be possible to go swimming in the ocean and lose consciousness there and naturally drown. That's a lot more complicated though, I feel doing this in a bed is like an easier approach comparatively.

• Informative
Reactions: Placo
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
One thing I couldn't find an answer to is what happens once you get past the immediate need to breathe: From what I know it only lasts under a minute, if you can get through all that the body accepts it and the feeling goes away, whether right before or after blacking out.

If there was a reliable way to knock one's self out like the blackout game, it would be possible to go swimming in the ocean and lose consciousness there and naturally drown. That's a lot more complicated though, I feel doing this in a bed is like an easier approach comparatively.
Have you read the thread about shallow water blackout? I haven't been through it recently so I'm not entirely sure, but I think it would have answers to some of your questions

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shallow-water-blackout.4315/

• Love
Mircea

Mircea

Apr 15, 2019
Have you read the thread about shallow water blackout? I haven't been through it recently so I'm not entirely sure, but I think it would have answers to some of your questions

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shallow-water-blackout.4315/
Thanks, very useful to know! It looks like the same thing and mechanic, just that instead of suffocating on land it happens in water. Isn't water entering the lungs more painful? I think only sweet water does that though not salt water.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Thanks, very useful to know! It looks like the same thing and mechanic, just that instead of suffocating on land it happens in water. Isn't water entering the lungs more painful? I think only sweet water does that though not salt water.
Water entering the lungs is painful. SWB hinges on unconsciousness being deep enough not to wake & hypoxia happening fairly quickly. It's also a different type of pain with water entering your lungs vs the hypercapnic alarm. It's also harder to back out of than suffocating with say a bag. There's a good number of failed suffocation attempts on the forum. I've personally drowned & it is VERY painful until you black out, so I wouldn't recommend it if there's any chance of consciousness, but there are a handful of proponents for it. Personally if I wanted something like suffocation, I'd go for an inert gas or CO

Mircea

Mircea

Apr 15, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/handcuffs-and-plastic-bag.152861

Maybe this method might interest you even if I'm thinking of switching to helium precisely to avoid the unpleasant hypercapnic sensation but from your experience it doesn't seem so terrible apparently.
Also good to be aware of. I actually thought of using a bag or getting locked in small sealed space, but I'm not sure whether that's more painful in the wrong run: You'll be up for longer trying to breathe CO2 mixed with some oxygen. My idea was hyperventilate, hold breath on empty lungs, seal the face during the first seconds in which nothing happens, then deal with whatever comes since it shouldn't last longer than 30 at most 60 seconds until blacking out.