Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
I was just sitting there with an ice-cream in hand. A man with threatening make-up and many-colored wig walked up to me.

"Get a load of this guy! Quick, point at him everyone! Don't let him get away", he barked at me, inches from my face.

"Doesn't like the circus, hmph. The nerve on him", an old lady remarked while violently pulling on a small dog's leash.

"But wait! What if the clowns run circles around you and wave their colorful handkerchiefs? Still not impressed? ...Well, maybe you're just mad", said the voice of reason clinically, splitting the crowd in two around him, like Moses did to the Red Sea and adjusted his thick-rimmed glasses. The lab coat hung loosely off his shoulders, probably a couple of sizes too big.

I got up and briskly walked away because an angry mob was beginning to gather around my bench. Turning my head only for a second I observed that someone had slipped on a banana peel and the entire crowd was taking turns kicking them in the groin and stomach. Some of them were focused on prolonging the torture while others were clearly just having fun.

For some reason this keeps happening to me every other day! What are the odds?! I hope everyone else enjoys the circus! Personally, I might give it up in the near future.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, GrumpyFrog and GenesAndEnvironment
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
You seem to have a talent for creative writing, my fellow soul.
And I can definitely relate to the message.

• Love
Reactions: Lucien