• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Admittedly, I've done very light chores several days, but I've forced myself to do at least one chore a day for 87 days in a row now. That's one fourth of a year. Yay!
What do you like doing the least?

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Definitely vacuuming and mopping.
Ah yeah, I have issues with vacuuming. I don't like leaving it with the dirt inside when I'm finished, although this is a little easier now I've moved back to using a bagged vacuum.

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Ah yeah, I have issues with vacuuming. I don't like leaving it with the dirt inside when I'm finished, although this is a little easier now I've moved back to using a bagged vacuum.

I try to compartmentalize so to speak, i.e. vacuuming one room at a time. Boring as fuck anyway.

Reactions: signifying nothing
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Let me confess!
I used to be the messiest and the most chaotic f*ckhead you'd ever meet.
Lately, I began to learn how to tidy up - they say it helps with channeling one's aggression. Also, cleaning, sorting out unnecessary things, fixing the things in your environment adds some extra to your - even nonexistent - life quality.
I could never picture myself doing the vacuum cleaning and washing the floor every week - but now I am doing it. Of course I am not a masochist, I don't enjoy doing it - but existing in a clean environment certainly feels better and absolutely does worth the effort!
I began to get rid of things I never used, and it feels very special. It is easier to breathe.
Cleaning the bathroom is another thing I used to dislike. I still dislike it but I felt extremely ashamed of how the bathroom looked like. Forcing myself to clean it adds a little extra to my self-respect (pathetic, I know).

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Let me confess!
I used to be the messiest and the most chaotic f*ckhead you'd ever meet.
Lately, I began to learn how to tidy up - they say it helps with channeling one's aggression. Also, cleaning, sorting out unnecessary things, fixing the things in your environment adds some extra to your - even nonexistent - life quality.
I could never picture myself doing the vacuum cleaning and washing the floor every week - but now I am doing it. Of course I am not a masochist, I don't enjoy doing it - but existing in a clean environment certainly feels better and absolutely does worth the effort!
I began to get rid of things I never used, and it feels very special. It is easier to breathe.
Cleaning the bathroom is another thing I used to dislike. I still dislike it but I felt extremely ashamed of how the bathroom looked like. Forcing myself to clean it adds a little extra to my self-respect (pathetic, I know).

It's not pathetic at all. On the contrary, it's important. We must explore all ways we can strengthen our self-respect.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowrider
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
It's not pathetic at all. On the contrary, it's important. We must explore all ways we can strengthen our self-respect.
Thank you so much! It really comes with a certain feeling of achievement. (Have just cleaned the bathroom :) )

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I totally agree with you!
Cleaning my flat and doing basic things such as taking a shower and going for a 15min walk everyday changed my life and I became less suicidal.

When you're surrounded by dirt, it's practically impossible to be in a good mood and not depressed.

I highly recommend the same as you!