Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
What the title says. She said my 10-year-old sister was much prettier than me. I know I'm 19 and I shouldn't worry about it, but I have huge insecurities about my appearance (which she knows) and it honestly hurts me a lot. I haven't been able to stop crying for almost half an hour.

Maybe it's stupid, but these few words made my desire to ctb come back. I think I'll do it tonight. Someone as ugly as me shouldn't be even born.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: fwompie, wozhendehaolei688, Ε. Η. R. and 17 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry your mum said that to you. I don't think it's a real reason to CTB (impulsively). I hope you can find peace with whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, figurehead, Kit1 and 1 other person
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Make sure she knows that half of your DNA came from her and the other half came from the man SHE selected to be your father. If she thinks you're ugly, then it's her fucking fault.

Parents have some fucking nerve to criticize the person they created.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Prime0, figurehead, kitty_kat and 10 others
tourniquetbunny

tourniquetbunny

Bnuy girl
Nov 13, 2023
What a horrible mother. You do not deserve that, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there are many people out there who find great attraction in you, whether you realize it or not. CTB should not be done on impulse imo, as much as I love the idea as using suicide as a revenge, I still hold on for the truly right moment to CTB.
If you truly want revenge, start doing things to enhance your features. Get a face framing haircut, wear clothes that fit your body type. If you want, maybe do simple exercises to tone your body(or lose weight) and find a makeup routine to fit your face. If you're a dude maybe grow and style your facial hair for your face. Show her that you are actually hot af!! This takes a lot of effort, and if you're already depressed it won't be easy. But start out small. I've never seen you, but I'm sure you aren't grotesque looking at all. You look like a normal human, with normal human flaws. Your mother is a bad person and is likely purposely trying to make you feel bad. Show her you're stronger than her

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and WAITING TO DIE
Lost_my_soul

Lost_my_soul

No one will help you unless it benefits them
Sep 13, 2023
If a parent criticizes you based on your looks, really shame on them, you never asked them to be born in the first place, if she says these sort of comments repetitively, I would advise you to fight and dont hold back, tell her how much hurt you are by her words, I know its hard to live in such an environment, sending you all the love and you are beautiful in your own way.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Your mother sounds like a narcissist. What she said to you is unforgivable.
My mother was a narcissist and hated me, yet gave all the love and attention to my sister, so my sister was the " golden child ".
Playing on your insecurities is just plain evil, and speaking from experience I know how triggering these things can be, especially coming from a family member.
Yet I honestly wouldn't ctb impulsively because of your nasty mother.
I'm sorry this happened to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, tourniquetbunny and Kit1
Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
Your mother sounds like such a horrible mother. My mother is also a narcissist and I was never her favorite child. I had to suffer a lot because of her actions. She used to have extramarital sexual relationships with other men since I was a kid and it messed up my mind so badly. I have lots of childhood and mental trauma thanks to her.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
What the title says. She said my 10-year-old sister was much prettier than me. I know I'm 19 and I shouldn't worry about it, but I have huge insecurities about my appearance (which she knows) and it honestly hurts me a lot. I haven't been able to stop crying for almost half an hour.

Maybe it's stupid, but these few words made my desire to ctb come back. I think I'll do it tonight. Someone as ugly as me shouldn't be even born.
Boudicca, I am so sorry that your mum was insensitive and clearly does not understand the meaning of beauty/ugly. I can understand why you are feeling hurt (I have been called fat, ugly, mentally retarded, weird, bald etc and it hurts) - especially when it is your mum.

But beauty really is how we look at a person - inwardly and outwardly. Such a judgement word is actually quite ugly and she should not have said that (cannot police people's thinking).

We all have different perspectives of beauty - whether it is of human beings, animals, environment, music, books etc and that is our personal choice. Don't let anyone define how or who you are - easier said than done, but that statement is a reflection of the person who said it and not you.

Reactions: foxgirl, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
What the title says. She said my 10-year-old sister was much prettier than me. I know I'm 19 and I shouldn't worry about it...
You're well entitled to worry about it. It's a fucked up thing for a mother to say to her daughter no matter what age she is.

JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
Make sure she knows that half of your DNA came from her and the other half came from the man SHE selected to be your father. If she thinks you're ugly, then it's her fucking fault.

Parents have some fucking nerve to criticize the person they created.
That on top of the fact that they were the one that chose to force birth upon you means that it's their full responsibility to give the best and happiest life ever to their children.
No worries Boudika it's not your fault and never is that you feel this way, but please think carefully and give time to yourself to rethink whether CTB is the right choice or not, are there other things that make you happy? You won't have to be with your narcissistic mom for your entire life. Her words don't define you.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Sorry to be disrespectful but your mother was terrible for saying that. I hope she realises one day what damage she did. Personally, I think it's more important to be beautiful on the inside and she certainly isn't for saying that.

figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023

Yes, it is indeed awful of your mother to say so. There's something though about the difeerences in relationship between mother and daughter/son. Quite frequently my mother says that I'm fat(ter) and sometimes I get furious, but often I just brush it off. I suppose it'd be best for you to just brush it away. It's probably her fault not yours. I personally don't think it is really a worthy reason to CTB, wait a while and reconsider your decision, whichever way you feel at ease about. Unfortunately, there'll be other awful people who'll try to kick you off balance, just check if they're worth it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kit1
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Tell her that you must have gotten you genes from her side of the family and see if she ever says that again.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1, kitty_kat and 1 other person
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
I'm so sorry. My mother has told me similar hurtful things about my appearance that consume my thoughts from time to time.. It's so hard especially in a world where human appearance and society's ridiculous standards for beauty are shoved in our faces through media constantly. Like others here have already said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there are lots of people out there who will find you attractive and striking just the way you are, truly.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kit1