C

Coffeehead

Oct 16, 2023
My mom discovered I've been SHing, having suicidal thoughts, putting extra clothes on during ED weigh ins, etc.
Guess who is seeing doctors for a week and missing everything?!
My mom is watching TV and having fun with her new BF while I cry in my room (she can hear me)
I'm also only happy with my friends and they are the only reason I haven't CTB sooooo

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Nortu, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 2 others
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
That is terrible of your mom, especially if I understand correctly and she is preventing you from seeing your friends. Too many people have no idea how to deal with people like us, she should be there to offer you her support and not just shove doctors at you thinking that will fix you up. I'm sorry this is happening to you, she is dealing with this horribly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ForgottenAgain
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Ugh, I'm so sorry. My mom found out about my SH when I was 15 (and I think has had some awareness of ED/suicidal behaviors since) and it was honestly one of the worst things that happened to me in my life. Like I still remember the date it happened every year it passes.
My mom is watching TV and having fun with her new BF while I cry in my room (she can hear me)
Also had this happen recently, my mom was basically babysitting me for a month until recently after I was involuntarily hospitalized. She threatened to call 911 on me if I didn't get out of bed, I cried, and she sat myself next to me and played puzzle games on her iPad while I cried. Really cruel and dehumanizing. Not trying to one-up you, just feels... good isn't the right word but ya know, to know someone else understands.
I'm also only happy with my friends and they are the only reason I haven't CTB sooooo
Happy that you have your friends. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ForgottenAgain
C

Coffeehead

Oct 16, 2023
Ugh, I'm so sorry. My mom found out about my SH when I was 15 (and I think has had some awareness of ED/suicidal behaviors since) and it was honestly one of the worst things that happened to me in my life. Like I still remember the date it happened every year it passes.

Also had this happen recently, my mom was basically babysitting me for a month until recently after I was involuntarily hospitalized. She threatened to call 911 on me if I didn't get out of bed, I cried, and she sat myself next to me and played puzzle games on her iPad while I cried. Really cruel and dehumanizing. Not trying to one-up you, just feels... good isn't the right word but ya know, to know someone else understands.

Happy that you have your friends. :heart:
I can relate to the part about your mom threatening to call 911 when you're on your bed….when I would have panic attacks and be on the floor or on the bed she would yell at me but then say that I wasn't coping or utilizing therapy (where she complains about her problems to my psychologist)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
when I would have panic attacks and be on the floor or on the bed she would yell at me but then say that I wasn't coping or utilizing therapy (where she complains about her problems to my psychologist)
oh my god that's too real. My mom learned the phrase "self-soothe" on Dr. Phil and loves to tell me I'm not doing so enough, especially when I'm emotional. Super invalidating.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
C

Coffeehead

Oct 16, 2023
Update: my mother refuses to let me ice my bruises or treat them because she wants to show them to the doctors (so essentially I have to stay in pain which is good but not good)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and I Can't Say
I Can't Say

I Can't Say

Oct 21, 2023
Update: my mother refuses to let me ice my bruises or treat them because she wants to show them to the doctors (so essentially I have to stay in pain which is good but not good)
And she doesn't have a camera? Hm.

Reactions: Kattt and Praestat_Mori