Dili

Dili

Jun 25, 2023
Ever since I got my ear sensitivity over 2 years ago my life changed completely although my ear sensitivity at first was severe to the point where speaking would hurt my ears now I am able to do quite a lot of things which is good Although I would never be able to go bowling or go to a movie theater and when I get my haircut it has to be done with scissors things like that and I can never use headphones again either But at least I still had the one joy in my life video games but last year when I got tendonitis in my right wrist I wasn't able to game anymore and I've had it for over a year and it's still isn't going away and I now have tendonitis thats in my left wrist as well the 1 thing in my life I actually cared about and enjoyed video games, I can't do anymore and I can never have a normal life or job because of my ears and now I can't even do my only hobby I ever had in my whole life I don't know what to do I feel like my life is basically ruined and I don't even know if this tendonitis will ever heal to the point where I can play again considering it's been a year and doesn't really seem to be getting any better now and in case you're wondering yes I am seeing a physiotherapist And there's no other hobbies that interest me because I also have AD HD so I need something that's very stimulating to keep me entertained video games were perfect because they are highly stimulating but anything else is either not stimulating enough or it's too loud And it's not that :oh I just want to die because i can't play games" It's my life essentially being ruined because of my ears I'll always have to live a quiet indoor life and the only thing I loved video games is taken away from me I have no friends and my only friends I did have were online friends and that's the only way I was able to make friends was online playing games so now I can't even socialize in the one way I was able to, Although I always was and still am extremely grateful that my ear sensitivity has gotten so much better than when it first started i'd still wish I didn't have any ear sensitivity, and my wrist problems that inhibit me from my only hobby I've ever had

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, Princess_Kitty and 2 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
You've probably thought of it already, but what about turn-based games? Card games, Xcom, Divinity 2?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Dili
Dili

Dili

Jun 25, 2023
You've probably thought of it already, but what about turn-based games? Card games, Xcom, Divinity 2?
That would def be easier then the average game for my wrists and fingers but I'd only be able to play a game with a very small amount of Inputs in order to play. It would also have to be either console or mobile as I do not own a computer.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
It would also have to be either console or mobile as I do not own a computer.
Well, first of all, an inordinate amount of mobile games are like this - see Girls Frontline (which I tried for a week as my first ever mobile game, it's turn-based tactics).

Card games are huge - be it Hearthstone, Magic, Legends of Runeterra or Slay the Spire (the latter being on Steam, so Steam Deck? I don't really know).

Aren't many RPGs turn-based, such as Honkai: Star Rail? Hell, Into The Breath is turn-based, right? And Heroes of Might & Magic 3 is on Android, just found out! (I'm honestly really bad at this, I barely ever go outside my comfort zone, anyone else would give you better lists, but the point still stands - delve into turn-based games, they're obnoxiously popular.)

And finally, I personally just rot watching streamers on my phone in bed (via YouTube ReVanced or Twire), although of course YMMV.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Dili

Dili

Jun 25, 2023
I'll check out the ones you mometioned and bunch of turn based games on the Playstore, thanks man. It's not as good as being able to play the console games I put thousands of hours into lol but it will still be good:) thanks!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep and Adûnâi
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Ever since I got my ear sensitivity over 2 years ago my life changed completely although my ear sensitivity at first was severe to the point where speaking would hurt my ears now I am able to do quite a lot of things which is good Although I would never be able to go bowling or go to a movie theater and when I get my haircut it has to be done with scissors things like that and I can never use headphones again either But at least I still had the one joy in my life video games but last year when I got tendonitis in my right wrist I wasn't able to game anymore and I've had it for over a year and it's still isn't going away and I now have tendonitis thats in my left wrist as well the 1 thing in my life I actually cared about and enjoyed video games, I can't do anymore and I can never have a normal life or job because of my ears and now I can't even do my only hobby I ever had in my whole life I don't know what to do I feel like my life is basically ruined and I don't even know if this tendonitis will ever heal to the point where I can play again considering it's been a year and doesn't really seem to be getting any better now and in case you're wondering yes I am seeing a physiotherapist And there's no other hobbies that interest me because I also have AD HD so I need something that's very stimulating to keep me entertained video games were perfect because they are highly stimulating but anything else is either not stimulating enough or it's too loud And it's not that :oh I just want to die because i can't play games" It's my life essentially being ruined because of my ears I'll always have to live a quiet indoor life and the only thing I loved video games is taken away from me I have no friends and my only friends I did have were online friends and that's the only way I was able to make friends was online playing games so now I can't even socialize in the one way I was able to, Although I always was and still am extremely grateful that my ear sensitivity has gotten so much better than when it first started i'd still wish I didn't have any ear sensitivity, and my wrist problems that inhibit me from my only hobby I've ever had
Is there anything they can do for your ears?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Dili

Dili

Jun 25, 2023
Is there anything they can do for your ears?
There is no cure, and the only treatments are more mental treatments to help cope with it and not treatments to actually help physically. There is one clinic in Florida that does test surgeries that sometimes cures it, but im in canada and have no money so that's outta the question

• Love
  • Hugs
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
There is no cure, and the only treatments are more mental treatments to help cope with it and not treatments to actually help physically. There is one clinic in Florida that does test surgeries that sometimes cures it, but im in canada and have no money so that's outta the question
It far from the same but I have tinnitus And now particularly deaf in one ear.

• Love
  • Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. I awful to have problems with ears/hearing.

• Love
Reactions: Dili
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be really dreadful what you go through, existence certainly is too cruel. But anyway best wishes.