N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
2 psychologists gave me up. Went to a clinic because this made me quite depressed. I really like one if these psychologists. I told my story about abuse and suicidal thoughts in the clinic. The psychologist denied me as patient due to my suicidality. And the highest doctor in this clinic says that i feel too well for being in a clinic again. Fuck these bitches. Srew you. I detest psychiatry for that. Moral hypocrisy

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RedHarlequin, ansiedad, lotus11 and 5 others
B

BetterInthanOut

Student
Mar 6, 2020
What kind of psychologist doesn't help someone who is suicidal?? Why is there still this stigma of 'not being unwell enough'?? I'm sorry you were let down like that

Reactions: ansiedad, J113632 and _Minsk
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I think they have the policy that they do not help patients who cannot be helped.

W

Whatsthepointanyway

May 14, 2020
Therapists will only offer treatment if the patient is showing a strng will to try and get better. Therapy only works if you want to feel better. If you actively want to die, then it's of little use.

Therapy has been successful for me in the past. My advice, if you want to get better, would be to try again. It sounds like there is some desire inside you to try and improve your situation

Reactions: Aurora.
I

inflammed123

Student
Sep 9, 2020
I detest doctors. A lot of them are morally corrupt scammers trying to maximize profits. Think about it. The longer you remain in therapy the more money they get. There are incentives to not help you get better. Gotta learn how to help yourself. Amazon product ASIN 1683731441 The DBT deck helped me for a little while but my physical problem caused by a doctor remains so i'm still fucked.

• Love
Reactions: lotus11 and BitterlyAlive
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Therapists will only offer treatment if the patient is showing a strng will to try and get better. Therapy only works if you want to feel better. If you actively want to die, then it's of little use.

Therapy has been successful for me in the past. My advice, if you want to get better, would be to try again. It sounds like there is some desire inside you to try and improve your situation
I want to improve my situation. I really dont want to ctb. But i probably cannot work. And poverty will fucking kill me. I have to learn how to deal with poverty and severe depression that is quite a hard task. Especially if you describe your situation to professionals all they do is to give you up.

I was fired last time because my depression was too strong. I need new ways how to earn money and i try things but i am quite desperate. My chances of success are not high.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Blueman and Lostandlooking
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Moreover i find one thing ridiculous. When the second psychologist gave me up my mum emailed her. And asked her why she has done that. And she claimed she had never done that. Lol the psychiatry sucks. She did not even have the balls to admit it. Just did not explain why she ended the therapy towards my mom.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Moreover i find one thing ridiculous. When the second psychologist gave me up my mum emailed her. And asked her why she has done that. And she claimed she had never done that. Lol the psychiatry sucks. She did not even have the balls to admit it. Just did not explain why she ended the therapy towards my mom.

I'm confused about this. They can't contact a parent unless the patient is either a minor or they signed a consent form.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
This is the ultimate irony: one doctor denies you the right to receive medical care because you are suicidal, another doctor because you are not unwell enough. They should teach your case at medical school when they go through malpractice examples.

I feel really sorry for you and I feel so angry at the psychologist who turned their back on you.

Reactions: noname223
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
2 psychologists gave me up. Went to a clinic because this made me quite depressed. I really like one if these psychologists. I told my story about abuse and suicidal thoughts in the clinic. The psychologist denied me as patient due to my suicidality. And the highest doctor in this clinic says that i feel too well for being in a clinic again. Fuck these bitches. Srew you. I detest psychiatry for that. Moral hypocrisy
Psychiatry and psychology are totally different. The first doles out drugs, the second talks and hopefully listens. But suicide is fraught with dangers for everyone in these positions. It takes very little to be charged as the present laws stand if someone under your care actually does it. (Hugs) Non. Are there others you can try?

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I'm confused about this. They can't contact a parent unless the patient is either a minor or they signed a consent form.
My mom sent the email. The psychologist received it. Sorry i am Not a native speaker.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
My mom sent the email. The psychologist received it. Sorry i am Not a native speaker.

I re-read what you wrote, I understand now!

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Could anyone with pertinent experience explain how this works? There is no treatment area between "I'm so upset because my favorite jeans do not fit anymore" and a psych ward?