Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
So I quit my job and my landlord who lives upstairs questioned me because he noticed my car isn't gone during the day like it used to be when I was at work. I told him I started working from home (lie), annoyed that he was asking me about it. Now, every time we bump into each other outside he grills me about this working from home job. I don't know wtf his problem is because I've never been late on rent. It seems no matter what I do there's someone who has to put their nose into my shit. I'm worried he suspects I'm lying about the job or even worse he suspects I want to ctb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hope:-), Dead Meat, blue_muse and 1 other person
MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
I hate nosy people. I'm from the school of "mind your business".
I would just give one word answers in an annoyed voice and pretend I'm in a hurry

Reactions: Mofreeko, Cerulea and blue_muse
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
The L word is a big trauma trigger for me. Great that you managed a good lie. Try an online job for real? I doubt he knows about ctb. Maybe just being depressed.

Reactions: blue_muse
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Some people really are so annoying, they should just focus on their own lives rather than bothering other people.

Reactions: MountainMonkey, makethepainstop and Mofreeko
Cerulea

Cerulea

Student
Sep 19, 2022
So I quit my job and my landlord who lives upstairs questioned me because he noticed my car isn't gone during the day like it used to be when I was at work. I told him I started working from home (lie), annoyed that he was asking me about it. Now, every time we bump into each other outside he grills me about this working from home job. I don't know wtf his problem is because I've never been late on rent. It seems no matter what I do there's someone who has to put their nose into my shit. I'm worried he suspects I'm lying about the job or even worse he suspects I want to ctb.

Landlords are perpetually trying to protect their investment. They have to, it's their only job. They're playing capitalism and they're usually the type of person who doesn't mind being in people's business. I would bet solid money on the theory that he's convinced himself he's being friendly or that he's keeping tabs to make sure you're good for the money. Which isn't a warm prospect but it seems better than him being aware of any potential plans you may have.

Have there been any interactions that would tip him off to how you're feeling about CTB?

Reactions: MountainMonkey
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Landlords are perpetually trying to protect their investment. They have to, it's their only job. They're playing capitalism and they're usually the type of person who doesn't mind being in people's business. I would bet solid money on the theory that he's convinced himself he's being friendly or that he's keeping tabs to make sure you're good for the money. Which isn't a warm prospect but it seems better than him being aware of any potential plans you may have.

Have there been any interactions that would tip him off to how you're feeling about CTB?
Not really, I just get the sense he either doesn't believe me about working from home or just dislikes me working from home for some reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
As long as your rent is paid, he or she has nothing to squawk about.

Reactions: Mofreeko