• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Terry A. Davis

Terry A. Davis

Aug 28, 2023
When I started off working there I was generally quite chipper and I tried my hardest to pretend to be normal and stuff (not autistic).

Over time it is wearing me down. I have customers calling me to tell me an advisor at the company has essentially scammed them and a person doing my job made a customer fill out a contract they didnt fully agree to. I can see it happening because my job is incredibly target based and we MUST meet lots of individual little targets so it forces people to do shit like this to meet the targets.

What upsets me is it's always a very vulnerable old person or someone with learning difficulties or low iq who gets recontracted for 18 - 24 months and is forced to pay it. It's always some indian or karen who is the culprit because I can see their names. They target weak and vulnerable people out of necessity because they NEED to meet these targets other wise they get fired and replaced by someone who can.

Sometimes there are legitimate reasons for me to give people refunds on things and when I ask my supervisors they give me 'development talks' about how I need to be more cutthroat because my job is to sell things and make money and how customers are all trying to see what deals they can get. I know some people are like that but you can tell sometimes that a person has been really screwed over and I really want to help them but I can't cuz I'll get a talking to. Sometimes there are no two ways about it and I give people money and maybe excempt them from paying a bill or something but the circumstances have to be exceptional such as dying from cancer.

I got spoken to today and they said to me:

"I know sometimes the job can go against your moral compass but do you not think it goes against mine sometimes also? It's best to look at things in a cold and calculating way because that is the nature of business"

My coworkers are all fake motherfuckers. I used to sit with them at lunches but now I sit by myself and watch youtube videos on my phone for the incredibly short breaks I am graciously allowed. I hate being around them and listening to them. I do NOT want to spend my only free time listening to them.

I also feel incompetant and my autism is starting to show because I can't mask as well as I used to. I don't think I've ever seen myself be as autistic (in adulthood) as I sometimes get. I sometimes can't speak to my parents or friends and just grunt at them. I lock myself in my room after work because I don't have the capacity to speak to anyone.

I might quit but I want to get fired instead because then I'll have access to social benefits. If I quit theres a chance I won't be able to get them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: fleetingnight, Forever Sleep, ConfusedClouds and 4 others
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
I might quit but I want to get fired instead...
Or even better, find a new job. Sales is in my opinion one of the worst possible jobs.
I know people whom used sales experience to move into support jobs. It seem very similar, but with a more honest purpose.

I think you'll do much better, as soon as you start doing something more inline with your values.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and Terry A. Davis
PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
What work do you do? Some callcenter type thing probably? That really sounds like a bad environment.

Funny enough i had a job interview for a callcenter job today. Gonna start next monday, lets see how long it takes for me to break if at all.

Reactions: Terry A. Davis
Terry A. Davis

Terry A. Davis

Aug 28, 2023
Or even better, find a new job. Sales is in my opinion one of the worst possible jobs.
I know people whom used sales experience to move into support jobs. It seem very similar, but with a more honest purpose.

I think you'll do much better, as soon as you start doing something more inline with your values.
It's hard to find a new job just now because nobody is really hiring. I'm keeping an eye out for support roles though.

What work do you do? Some callcenter type thing probably? That really sounds like a bad environment.

Funny enough i had a job interview for a callcenter job today. Gonna start next monday, lets see how long it takes for me to break if at all.
call center targetting sales job. Its terrible honestly. If you can stick at it then I suppose it might be rewarding but its entirely personality dependant.

DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024

May I ask what industry the call center pertains to, and/or what department you'll be in?
It's hard to find a new job just now because nobody is really hiring. I'm keeping an eye out for support roles though.

call center targetting sales job. Its terrible honestly. If you can stick at it then I suppose it might be rewarding but its entirely personality dependant.
Used to be in call center leadership for a support department. When I would take escalations ("I want a manager") calls, a good chunk were because sales lied to the customer about what they'd receive.

It's not exclusive to that industry, either. Worked in other jobs where everything was made more difficult for me and the client because they were heavily oversold or mislead.

You learn to truly despise most people in sales departments when you work in service or support.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConfusedClouds
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
"I know sometimes the job can go against your moral compass but do you not think it goes against mine sometimes also? It's best to look at things in a cold and calculating way because that is the nature of business"
You could justify any business with that.

Reactions: thenamingofcats
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I used to work with telecommunications sales people and they said much the same thing. It very much rewards ruthlessness and they prey on the vulnerable. I don't think I could ever do it.

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
May I ask what industry the call center pertains to, and/or what department you'll be in?

The organization apparently works with many different businesses, from newspaper stuff to insurance. They expect workers to be able to do calls for several businesses, not just one, but because i'm new, they said i will start with just one, a newspaper subscription thing. I'm supposed to call people that cancelled their subscription to this newspaper, and try to get 'em back, by for example offering discounts.