AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020
*I don't want to scare anyone, what happened to me was totally my mistake due to lack of knowledge, i'm sharing this so no one else makes the same mistake*

So i was following the SN 48H regimen, i was planning to take SN on Saturday, i took antiemetic ( Primperan 10mg ) twice, the pharmacist told me to eat after 30 minutes of taking it, so the first time i ate it, and then after 30 minutes I ONLY ATE 2 HERSHEYS KISSES, and then i went to sleep

I woke up and i took my second dose of Antiemetic, and again i waited for 30 minutes and AGAIN I ONLY ATE 2 HERSHEYS KISSES and that's it

After an hour, i started having a Dyspnea and i felt REALLY uncomfortable in my chest and overall unsettled, i read online that depression can cuse Dyspnea so i thought that what happened since the night before i was really depressed and miserable

it lasted about 1 hour and half and kept getting worse and i couldn't take it anymore it was horrible, i was alone at home so i called my mom to come to take me to the hospital

It took her forever to come and at that time i was miserable mentally and physically, we went to the hospital and i told them that i only needed oxygen, at this point i was thinking that it has something to do with my lungs, i mean i suspected that it could be because of the antiemetic like maybe i'm allergic to it or something but that didn't seem like an allergic reaction

anyway they gave me oxygen and it did nothing, the doctor saw me and said that my blood pressure is SUPER LOW and that's what caused the Dyspnea, they had to give me IV with a medicine in it to raise my blood pressure, as soon as they gave it to me i felt way better and i felt nauseous and i vomited

that was like 6 hours ago, i still feel tired a little bit but i'm way better rn

Now i know that antiemetic lows blood pressure ( I should have known that earlier lol ), and i was supposed to eat something salty after it, i only ate something sweet

idk if it's something about MY BODY that it made it REACT THAT STRONG, i don't have any medical condition, i used to have heart palpitations that would last for days and when i get sick i would also have heart palpitations but i never took it seriously so i didn't go to the hospital for it and i'm not diagnosed with anything, and that's it

ANYWAY : If you're gonna take antiemetic doses in 48 Hours regimen make sure to eat something salty after it, and the most important thing is to READ MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE TAKING so you don't make a similar mistake <3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword, rosedavinci, Keto and 8 others
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and I am sorry for what happened :/
I was just going to get primperan today but in the end nothing...
In the event that I end up using an antiemetic, I will inform myself well of its effects.

• Hugs
Reactions: AprilsBlessings
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Meto can have unfortunate side effects. That's why zofran is more often prescribed. I'm sorry you dealt with that. Super low bp is quite uncomfortable. The stat regimen works fine, and you take much less meto.

Reactions: Spitfire and AprilsBlessings
R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
Sorry to hear you had complications! But glad you are ok now! So we are supposed to eat something salty with any AE we take?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and AprilsBlessings
AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020
Sorry to hear you had complications! But glad you are ok now! So we are supposed to eat something salty with any AE we take?
Thank you <3, From my experience yes, to prevent super low bp

But of course not with the dose right before SN, because SN is already going to raise your bp

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
damn that sounds scary

Reactions: Ghost2211 and AprilsBlessings