Failureforlife1

Failureforlife1

Dec 8, 2018
This is my second post I suffer from severe social anxiety and agoraphobia so I tend to stay in my room and avoid talking much I just lurk here but everyone seems quite nice and understanding here some dealing with the same issues so I want to discuss my current health situation I am a 26 year old male.

It started in February with a sore throat and tonsils. I eventually went to the doctor a couple of weeks later. The doctor couldn't really see anything but tested for strep throat and a couple other infections that came back negative.

I went back in march after it had gotten worse and I had lost 15 lbs. At this point he could see something was going on and noticed my tongue had curved up so he could see better but wasn't entirely sure and figured it was acid reflux. I didn't think so since I wasn't nauseous but took the prescription for rabeprazole and went on my way anyway.

After that Covid lockdown happened and I was still gradually eating less although the weight loss stabilized for a while. Finally I was able to at least talk to the Doctor in June. He made me an appointment for an Endoscopy in July and told me to increase the dose of rabeprazole.

I went for the endoscopy down the throat. The surgeon said my acid was under control but that I have a hiatal hernia. He also took a biopsy which they said was standard but I found it strange I never heard of someone getting a biopsy as a standard procedure.

Anyway I was too anxious to call the doctor about the results. I've been looking at my tonsils with a pen light and a mirror and have noticed new tissue growth on my tonsils and around them.

In the last week I have completely lost my appetite it's like I already ate. I dropped over 10 lbs more I started at 180lbs and have dropped to 146 lbs. I have snapped at family which is something I never do but they are discussing me saying "I don't know what the hell is going on with him etc" I don't know either maybe just not eating but I have a doctor's appointment in person on Monday. I still have reasons for sticking around I can't imagine this being a good way to go.

Tldr: I know most of you probably won't read this I basically just want to know has anyone had tonsil issues? Do infected tonsils usually grow new tissue or does it sound like something more serious? I see the Doctor on Monday.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Deleted member 1465 and Arvinneedstodie
Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I don't have your specific problem, but I'm in similar situation as you. Im 24 and deal with agoraphobia too, and i have been suffering health problems since 16. My health worsen this year, and just like you, I have lost some weight. I'll be seeing a doctor on Monday as well, but i don't expect any results. Hope you find some good solutions.

Reactions: Failureforlife1
Failureforlife1

Failureforlife1

Dec 8, 2018
Ya doctor's can be quite useless sometimes hopefully we both get the answers on Monday.

• Love
Reactions: noaccount and Arvinneedstodie