PhilipBrush

PhilipBrush

Jun 11, 2020
I'm not a native speaker, so please excuse me and bear with my awkward English.

So my friends and I goes way back. Back then we used to play League of Legends. We spent tons of time together playing ranked team match. I still remember very fondly those moments. To this day, I still often spent my time watching old recorded videos of us playing League. Pathetic, right?

After I failed to ctb, I cut off every contacts with my friends. I didn't want to talk to anyone about anything. It almost took four years for me to get my shit together and talk with my old friends again.

They wanted to reconnect with me by playing games together like we used to do. But since I sold my PC for money I couldn't. But I didn't want them to know I'm having trouble with money so I've been putting off, until one of my friends found this online game which playable with your phone. The game is called 'Among Us'.

I was SO excited because it's been forever since I played a video game with my dear old friends. We read the tutorials together. We scheduled the game time. We were looking forward to it so much.

When the time had come, we gathered around on Discord. But things didn't start well. One of my guy friends invited three more people. They were complete strangers to me. I couldn't even tell them apart because they were all guys and had similar voices. On top of that they were much experienced with the game. When me and other gals were busy just by getting the hang of the game and barely following the flow, the guys were talking like Sherlock Holmes, except they were lying through their teeth. Me and my other beginner friends couldn't keep up the game. But I thought as soon as I get to know how to properly play, we wouldn't have any problems.

However when we got to the third round, my Internet got disconnected, it often does that because my broke ass can't afford a decent ISP so I'm stuck with some shitty local cable company. It took three hours for my Internet to recover. When I rejoin the server, they said let's play two more rounds and call it a day.

In the moment, I was the only newbie left. I never got to play as Imposter, not even once. So I've been telling nothing but truth the whole time. But they still voted me out, accusing me of lying, like they did in the first round, the second round and the third round. In five minutes from I got back, I was cold dead.

I freaking snapped.

I rage quitted the game. Is this what I've been waiting for three hours? a whole week? four years? After I left the game without saying anything, I expected my friends to say something to me, like What happened? Did you got disconnected again? Come on, don't miss the last round or simply just anything. But, No. Not even a single freaking word from anyone. Like I am the actual ghost. They were all busy chatting about what they just went through. I thought at least one of them would care about me but apparently I overestimated our friendships.

What the hell was I expecting anyway? They were doing fine while I was gone away for four years. Of course they don't care whether I'm with them or not. I shouldn't be surprised. I know I'm overreacting over some stupid phone game. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. It's my fault.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Lupgevif, leiche, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
(sorry couldn't choose a face)
Yeah I kinda get how that feels and I envied video games for a very long time because of it. My boyfriends never paid me any attention. It was ALWAYS about their game. and when I played with other friends I was always second player so I just got to tag a long. And when I played Mario with my family my "father" told me to stay in the bubble (later I found out he was my stepfather but thinking he was my dad at the time would have left a greater impact because he's suppose to care). Yeah.... I totally get what it feels like to be left out. I'm sorry they did that to you

• Love
Reactions: PhilipBrush and overcomingfear
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I had a similar experience last night in the same game. Don't worry too much about it, as you said, it's just a game and this game in particular is really good at ruining friendships.

Since I've been disconnected from my group of friends last year, and most of them know each other in real life, I was always to blame for everything that happened because I'm a stranger to some of them, it's normal to be suspicious of the people you don't know.

But I still had tons of fun and felt like I reconnected with them, even though I wanted to get away from them because I'll eventually let them down next year when I CTB.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, PhilipBrush and overcomingfear
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
This is why I don't play games that involved dealing with other people.

Fuck your "friends". Get a game you can play and immerse yourself in alone.

Reactions: puppy9, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Skathon and 2 others
O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
This is why I don't play games that involved dealing with other people.

Fuck your "friends". Get a game you can play and immerse yourself in alone.
yes, thats a good way. dont depend on others to have fun

Reactions: PhilipBrush and Sarahlynn
A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020
It's common in mafia games for people to get toxic, seen a few friend groups die from it. Ultimately comes down to people taking the game way to seriously. Hopefully you find some new friends as they seemed pretty toxic tbh

Reactions: PhilipBrush