• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

evilnkaa

evilnkaa

Till' Death Was Never Enough
Jun 24, 2024
Hello, I'm not entirely sure where to speak on behalf of this topic. But as the title says I lost a friend and wanted to see his posts since I really miss him. But everytime I open to look at any account it says I do not have permission to view the profile. I don't want to cause trouble in anyway and I just got my membership accepted. Is there any bypass do I need to get some sort of permission? Or is it a setting thing? Any help is appreciated..

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, the_path_of_sorrows, Equilibrium and 5 others
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Welcome. Sorry for your loss. 🫂

Many of the features of the site open up after you are active for some time. It won't take too long.

Are you familiar with what username your friend used here?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
Hello, I'm not entirely sure where to speak on behalf of this topic. But as the title says I lost a friend and wanted to see his posts since I really miss him. But everytime I open to look at any account it says I do not have permission to view the profile. I don't want to cause trouble in anyway and I just got my membership accepted. Is there any bypass do I need to get some sort of permission? Or is it a setting thing? Any help is appreciated..
I'm truly sorry that you lost your friend but looking at their posts might be like a double-edged sword.. you might read things that you wish you never knew. Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"We'll fly away, We'll find a way"
Oct 26, 2019
Who was it/what was his username?

Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: evilnkaa
Upvote 0
evilnkaa

evilnkaa

Till' Death Was Never Enough
Jun 24, 2024
Once you post at least 5 posts and 24 hours pass, a search function will be available and you can type your friend's username to see their public posts. But if they made their account private you might still not have permission, only mods can see private accounts
Thank you for this!!
I'm truly sorry that you lost your friend but looking at their posts might be like a double-edged sword.. you might read things that you wish you never knew. Just something to think about.
I guess in a sense it will hurt reading messages but he had a similar experience where he had a twitter and only made it public when he went away and although it hurt to see him in that spot I felt a sense of bittersweetness. He was an amazing friend and I guess in my mind it feels like I missed out because I only found out he took his life after my social media break. In a sense I feel a deep pit and wish to make up for those months by reading some of his last words. I do want to prepare myself for anything he could've said. I also have understood you can hide your profile and if he did I am okay with that as well. Thank you for looking out for me I appreciate it.
Who was it/what was his username?
I won't share his username but I've known him for 9 years. Him and I dated back then but ended things and in 2023 he reached back to me and we ended up being good friends. His entire life he wanted to be a streamer but he struggled a lot. He loved playing tekken,vrchat, and for honor. One of my favorite memories was when I taught him a little Russian and what stuck to him was the phrase "я люблю тебя" This means I love you. Anyone he met he'd always say he loved them in Russian. Although he's gone when I opened the site my first time I've never seen such a beautiful community. A lot of people if not most are super sweet and supportive and have so much knowledge I know he probably shared his love on here so in a sense it would bring me peace to see his posts. But yeah I feel like a couple sentences cannont explain him as a person

• Love
Upvote 0
leaftomb

leaftomb

let's live fast and die young
Jun 15, 2024
I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you the best, I hope you can find what you're looking for.

• Love
Reactions: evilnkaa and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
I lost a friend and wanted to see his posts since I really miss him.
If you hover over someone's name in a post, for example, a little "name card" will appear. You can then click on the amount of messages the user sent, and you will see every message they posted on this forum. But I don't know if you need first need to unlock the search function to do this, because technically you are searching through that person's messages.

Edit: If you look at the link that would show you the messages, it says "https://....net/search/member?user_id=..." so you require the search function for that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: ASp4E and evilnkaa
Upvote 1