HowSoonIsNow

HowSoonIsNow

" Oh, She was a victim of sweet suicide"
Feb 2, 2020
I went voluntarily to the psych ward in Br*zil at the beginning of 2019 after a failed partial suspension attempt and here's the type of things I heard:
-While I was having convulsions cause I took my regular meds with wine to handle the pain a nurse denied to take care of me so I was at the floor with my whole body acting like a fish who got out of water, the reason? Bc it was a suicide attempt, she also said that I should try to do full suspension at a bridge and I told her to fuck off
- at the psych ward the nurses used to say that they instigated some people to have breakdowns cuz they find it funny and brings some drama to their day
- they absolutely hate patients with anorexia so they used to to everything they could to convince the doctors that the girls with anorexia were trying to lose weight
- They absolutely hate suicide attempts bc they think that we are wasting their time
- most of them are homophobic bc they're 80% religious so I got in trouble for being a lesbian
- they joke a lot about failed suicide attempts

Don't trust them.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Wrennie, Élégie, stygal and 13 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I'm sorry that has happened to you and you have every right to be wary of them. Nurses are a mixed bag, you get some nice ones, and you get some nasty ones. The nasty ones are the nurses that came from a community college and are only doing it for a paycheck. The real nurses are the ones that have some kind of empathy, actually give you sound advice, and do their best to make you comfortable as possible. My nurse that was with me during my ICU stay for 2 weeks helped me get my bearings and helped me walk again. She also checked on me when my wife didn't visit. She also reprimanded her coworkers who made jokes in the trauma ward about my attempt. I'm still wary of them though. But you get some good ones out there.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, finalexit, Isisnefert and 4 others
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
In 201x, I had attempted CTB and I was carried to a large hospital.
I was fortunate... All nurses were kind and sincere, nobody blamed or complained to me.

I feel sorry and angry after reading your story... How cruel! How could do they like that!

• Hugs
Reactions: finalexit, Isisnefert, HowSoonIsNow and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
For the reasons you've mentioned, psych wards never work.
Last year, when I was in hospital, some nurses were amazing whereas some others were HELLISH.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, ithappens, finalexit and 4 others
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
I can't stand nurses. I don't know how it's possible that these people that are supposedly hired to care for others would be so fucking heartless, but somehow they're the most heartless, unempathetic, bigoted bunch of people I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I absolutely cannot stand them, I will avoid them at all costs, they are the worst of the worst. Also they're idiots. (phew, felt good to get that off my chest). Obligatory disclaimer: Of course I'm sure not all nurses are like that, blablablabla

Reactions: Wrennie and Isisnefert
ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
My First involuntary hospitalization due to FAiled attempt.. One guy working there told me I should know better than to have tiried anything. He also told me that if I ever came to the hospital again he would make sure he made my life a living hell. He said he would do everything in his power to keep me the maximum legal limit for an involuntary admittance. I think here was 6 months. I feel you on your troubles.

• Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie, ithappens, Isisnefert and 1 other person
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
On the psyche ward they were pretty much all great. But I've been in physical situations and was treated like Stephen King's misery Kathy bates for a genetic disorder yet I was treated better as a pathetic alcoholic.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers and HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

HowSoonIsNow

" Oh, She was a victim of sweet suicide"
Feb 2, 2020
I'm sorry that has happened to you and you have every right to be wary of them. Nurses are a mixed bag, you get some nice ones, and you get some nasty ones. The nasty ones are the nurses that came from a community college and are only doing it for a paycheck. The real nurses are the ones that have some kind of empathy, actually give you sound advice, and do their best to make you comfortable as possible. My nurse that was with me during my ICU stay for 2 weeks helped me get my bearings and helped me walk again. She also checked on me when my wife didn't visit. She also reprimanded her coworkers who made jokes in the trauma ward about my attempt. I'm still wary of them though. But you get some good ones out there.
I'm glad that you had a nice experience, the world definitely needs more good nurses
In 201x, I had attempted CTB and I was carried to a large hospital.
I was fortunate... All nurses were kind and sincere, nobody blamed or complained to me.

I feel sorry and angry after reading your story... How cruel! How could do they like that!
It's okay!! But this still pisses me off, they can really push innocent ppl to the edge
For the reasons you've mentioned, psych wards never work.
Last year, when I was in hospital, some nurses were amazing whereas some others were HELLISH.
I'm so sorry for it, when I went to the psych ward I thought that I was actually going to get better and here I am hehe
My First involuntary hospitalization due to FAiled attempt.. One guy working there told me I should know better than to have tiried anything. He also told me that if I ever came to the hospital again he would make sure he made my life a living hell. He said he would do everything in his power to keep me the maximum legal limit for an involuntary admittance. I think here was 6 months. I feel you on your troubles.
6 months? Omg that's awful
I'm so sorry, I hope that you're doing okay now
On the psyche ward they were pretty much all great. But I've been in physical situations and was treated like Stephen King's misery Kathy bates for a genetic disorder yet I was treated better as a pathetic alcoholic.
I'm so sorry, I hope that you're doing better

Last edited:
inthemoonblue

inthemoonblue

Nov 26, 2020
I'm so sorry you had such an awful experience. I used to work as a psych nurse and I can confirm, they can be terrible... I despised most of my coworkers. They even tried to have me fired when I first started because they saw me as too weak/nice. I put up with it for almost 2 years but I will NEVER work as a nurse again lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I was in the emergency room section where people are held before they may or may not be taken to the psych floor..well, one nurse was agitating me and I snapped at her (verbally).
I was so stressed out and just wanted to leave,
I was also exhausted and just as I was falling asleep, that same nurse proceeded to go tell a group of other nurses that I punched the cement wall about 4 or so feet (or multiple arm lengths) from the hospital bed I was in. The hospital bed that I had not gotten up from even once. She said I was violent and threatening her lmao what!!
Even my outburst at her was not anything threatening, she was just offended and used her authority to outright lie. (It was clear, also, that neither of my hands had evidence of being smashed into a wall)
So I had this mini hoard of nurses WAKE me up just so they could sedate me.
I started to cry and say I was just about to fall asleep, I had no idea what they were talking about, then I saw that snake of a nurse among them and accused her of lying just because she was pissed at me. The other nurses didn't care and said if I kept refusing to take the pills they would forcibly hold me down and inject me with the same solution. Well I took that nasty shit (Haldol) and then I was restless, unable to sleep for the rest of my time down there. I warned them I have negative reactions to certain medication, they don't care, they were a catty bunch coming to bully me with prescription drugs.
And that's just one story among many, so many egos and abuses of power in that line of work. Not just the doctors at the top, it goes all the way down. Sorry you had to find this out first hand.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie and stygal